WTF is up with this girl?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by xLividEvilx, May 31, 2014.

1. xLividEvilx

xLividEvilx Yellow Belt

I'll try to make this as tl;dr as possible.

Start new job.
    Girl intiates contact several times, gives signs of interest.
    I ask her out tonight, she says no.
    I ask her a few more times, just to see if she's playing around or whatever. She's not though she was still giving physical signs.

That's cool, no biggie. We talk for a few more minutes, everything's cool. During that time I started making other plans for tonight. We go back to work.
    Few minutes later looks like she's about to cry (even the manager was asking if she was okay and checking on her).
    Saw her later on coming over to my department looking like she was trying to find me. (Extra info: I'm the only one that works in that department. We were closed, and she's just a cashier. No reason for her to leave her post or be in that area).
    Looked upset the rest of the night.
    Once we were going to clock out started acting like the way she did before we started talking and before I asked her out (standing close to me, playing with her hair, smiling at me and trying to get my attention.
    Got to my car, called my buddies and headed out for the night. Fin.

So yeah, I don't even know. Maybe you guys can help me. My first thought was that she might've been trying to "neg" me, but she comes across a bit socially awkward. Her reason for not going out was she wanted to stay at home and play with her cat, and she had laundry to do. That just makes her seem lame or like she's being a b****. Like I'm not worth her time or whatever. Which I could see me deserving if I was coming across like I'm cocky or a player but I was being chill. But it's sort of 50/50 cause she kind of pwned herself too. It would be like some girl offering me sex and I say "no thanks, I'm gonna go home and fap". Yeah it's kind of mean to her, but makes me look pretty bad too, especially if she was being cool.

My next thought, and just being completely honest with myself, is she just flat out wasn't interested and I just misread everything. Which is cool. And I can accept that. But I don't understand why she would start crying then. It's not like we were "friends" or work buddies for months on end, and then like a lonely virgin I confessed my love for her and now she's been thrown into turmoil. We talked a few times. I thought she might've liked me. She obviously didn't. Okay, whatever. Now she's bipolar I guess.

Oh and I wasn't a dick to her or anything after she rejected me either. Like I said, we chatted for a few minutes after that and when I went back to work I backed off a bit. I didn't cold shoulder her or get all butthurt. I was still friendly. Still smiled at her and acknowledged her but her mood also changed within minutes. It wasn't like she started crying an hour or two later and it's something unrelated. It was within 5-10 minutes of us finishing up talking. And then she was moody the rest of the night up until we left and she tried to be cute with me again.

Any advice/opinions/criticisms are welcome.

2. Bukowski82

Bukowski82 Buckle up belt

Interest on your part. My guess is that you took her interest as a go ahead to be a little more 'thirsty' than she wanted. So she shut you down when you asked... You went back to being aloof and the interest piqued once more...

It's really just how it goes man. You have to know when to reciprocate that interest. If it's too early, too much or even worse... both, then you're going to get the result you got initially.

Keep her on the hook. Be nice, be a gentleman, but don't reciprocate her interest... In fact, do the opposite. Let her do the work... She will, I promise.

Cheers.

3. Iroh

Iroh The Dragon of the West Platinum Member

^ that.

4. The Clamburglar

The Clamburglar Burglin' is my game.

Go home and play with her cat?

Or go home and play with her pussy?!

5. TrainAllDay

TrainAllDay Brown Belt

act like she aint shit.

avoid showing any interest what so ever.

girls LOVE that srsly its weird

[​IMG]

6. xLividEvilx

xLividEvilx Yellow Belt

I'll admit I was being spontaneous, and I really had no expectation either way.

Truth is I'm just super busy all the time and tonight I had a free night which I haven't had in awhile. I let her know that too, and was aware I put her on the spot.

I thought she was cute, and maybe into me and said "Fuck it" and went for it. Didn't feel like wasting the time wondering and trying to build rapport, etc etc when I have work, school and other obligations.

Obviously it's a very aggressive approach. What guy wouldn't asking a girl out, that he's barely talked to, and expecting her to go out with him within a few hours notice? I admit I'm egotistical enough to have the balls to do just that and think it MIGHT have a shot. But I'm not to the point where I expect that she'd just say yes, or that I should be shocked or butthurt when she says no.

7. xLividEvilx

xLividEvilx Yellow Belt

I'm going to imagine the latter for sciency reasons.

8. Minnja

Minnja Touch-Butt white belt Platinum Member

Lmao.

9. Victor Maitland

Victor Maitland Brown Belt

when the cat can have the ball of wool ,it aint interested..

when you dangle the ball of wool ,just out of reach the cat goes crazy trying to get it..

you'll have to dangle yourself just out of reach..
    so to speak..

10. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

maybe you're gay

11. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Ebony Belt Platinum Member

Bitches be crazy, brah.:icon_chee

12. xLividEvilx

xLividEvilx Yellow Belt

By "dangling" you're obviously referring to my penis assume. This may be a bit tricky at work, but I'll see what I can do...

13. Concrete

Concrete Steel Belt

Sounds like you played it well. Just keep being pleasant and if she makes it obvious again, ask her again.

14. xLividEvilx

xLividEvilx Yellow Belt

That is, without a doubt, purely, clearly, undeniably, 100 PERCENT

possible.

15. Victor Maitland

Victor Maitland Brown Belt

you start making her jealous..
    speak to some other women while she is around ,see what happens .

16. Einarr

Einarr Banned Banned

You shouldn't have asked her out multiple times. Once she said no you should have pretty much ignored her - been pleasant but not really paying her attention. Let her make the next move if she's going to, but never ask a woman out again after she has rejected you; it comes across as desperate and beta.

17. Reyesnuthugr

Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

Wtf? She's acting as if social interactions are more subtle and complex than all-or-nothing arrangements.

18. platfox

platfox Silver Belt

She needs some attention right now. Sounds like someone just broke up with her (hence the crying).

19. Bukowski82

Bukowski82 Buckle up belt

She may need attention... or crave it. Most Women do, imo. But giving it to her was the TS' downfall. And it would be again if the same attention was given.

20. Goonerview

Goonerview Gold Belt

You played it well IMO.

IMO, after a few interactions, a girl is either interested or not. You saw the signs and asked her out, is normal.

"It's f**k or walk" is my new motto on women, this whole "long game" deal is too much work. She's either interested or not.

IMO, by you noticing that she was "crying", "looking for you" makes me feel like you're thinking about this particular girl too much.

You have already expressed your interest. What more can you do?? Now you should spread your bets, ask out other women, diversify your bonds!