WTF is a Boise Dime????

For years after the "Boise Dime" phrase was created, @Der Eisbar claimed he created it. That's only partially true though. When he first came onto the forum, it was like he just had never been on the internet before. He was to the internet what a new born fawn is to the forest, so pure, so dumb. To use a phrase from the time, his jimmies were very easily rustled. A lot of guys messed around with him because he just couldn't let anything go. Everything he said just annoyed me, and vice versa (As can be seen in this thread, pages 8 and 9) Myself and a few other posters basically rustled him up enough in his defense of Boise that he blurted it out in anger. The thing is, is that he REALLY thought that Boise chick's were hotter than say like UCLA or Miami, but he later would deny that. In time he would make it seem like it was some calculated phrase that he laid out for the annals of Sherdog lore and history. It was Sherdog rustlers that would make the phrase mean what we currently define it as, by using it as a tagline in threads where chicks just weren't quite up to par, but maybe they or others thought they were 10s, a Boise Dime. Besides @equus , I'm probably the only person left from that thread who helped get the utterance out of him. (using their original account anyways). Hence I'm one of the creators of the phrase "Boise Dime", but there were a few other soldiers lost to time that also helped and played large roles. May they rest in peace. That's the real story.

Last edited:
For years after the "Boise Dime" phrase was created, @Der Eisbar claimed he created it. That's only partially true though. When he first came onto the forum, it was like he just had never been on the internet before. He was to the internet what a new born fawn is to the forest, so pure, so dumb. To use a phrase from the time, his jimmies were very easily rustled. A lot of guys messed around with him because he just couldn't let anything go. Everything he said just annoyed me, and vice versa (As can be seen in this thread, pages 8 and 9) Myself and a few other posters basically rustled him up enough in his defense of Boise that he blurted it out in anger. The thing is, is that he REALLY thought that Boise chick's were hotter than say like UCLA or Miami, but he later would deny that. In time he would make it seem like it was some calculated phrase that he laid out for the annals of Sherdog lore and history. It was Sherdog rustlers that would make the phrase mean what we currently define it as, by using it as a tagline in threads where chicks just weren't quite up to par, but maybe they or others thought they were 10s, a Boise Dime. Besides @equus , I'm probably the only person left from that thread who helped get the utterance out of him. (using their original account anyways). Hence I'm one of the creators of the phrase "Boise Dime", but there were a few other soldiers lost to time that also helped and played large roles. May they rest in peace. That's the real story.

I bet you’re a ton of fun at parties…

Let us all bow our heads and show respect for those that created a Sherdog legend. A moment of silence for those who laid down their accounts.

peter-parker-tobey-maguire.gif

I bet you’re a ton of fun at parties…

When I was in my early or mid 20s about a decade ago, no. I was an asshole, just like every other 20 something in this world. This place was a different place then too, were talking like a decade or more. The demographic of this forum is far away from the "18 to 24" one that it used to be. You should know this with an '05 account.

Back then Sherdog would have had more in common with a place like 4chan than it would have had with places like Reddit (In Reddits current form). A lot of high profile cases and incidents caused this forum to change for the better, but back then we were all wannabe edge lords just being jerks to each other, especially in the OT.

I'm just here giving the real history of the event, because his explanation on page 9ish is factually incorrect and made to make it seem like it was just happenstance or genius on his part. I was there bro.

Beyond all that, this is Sherdog history so show some fucking respect. Your empathy and compassion is why no one will remember your name.

Last edited:
When I was in my early or mid 20s about a decade ago, no. I was an asshole, just like every other 20 something in this world. This place was a different place then too, were talking like a decade or more. The demographic of this forum is far away from the "18 to 24" one that it used to be. You should know this with an '05 account.

Back then Sherdog would have had more in common with a place like 4chan than it would have had with places like Reddit (In Reddits current form). A lot of high profile cases and incidents caused this forum to change for the better, but back then we were all wannabe edge lords just being jerks to each other, especially in the OT.

I'm just here giving the real history of the event, because his explanation on page 9ish is factually incorrect and made to make it seem like it was just happenstance or genius on his part. I was there bro.

Beyond all that, this is Sherdog history so show some fucking respect. Your empathy and compassion is why no one will remember your name.

Thank you for validating my point you blowhard..

Thank you for validating my point you blowhard..

I'm not ashamed of my post history, if you'd like i can dig through yours to remind you of who you were a decade plus ago. You weren't exactly all roses and perfume either back then. A baby elephant never forgets

I used to work somewhere where there were many older unattractive women. There was one younger female in her 20s who stood out because she had really long hair and was tall. I actually dated her very briefly.. but make no mistake she was the equivalent of a Boise Dime. In that setting she was very attractive.. put her in any NYC or LA or Miami club and her advantage disappears.
I distinctly remember a conversation I had with her where she was basically going off on this cute intern that had joined the team because of her "revealing Halloween costume"

This costume was nothing more than a v neck t shirt (that showed no cleavage) and a party hat. This young woman, while slightly prettier, was just that, another Boise Dime

RIP to most on the 1st page of this thread..
Hey bro Agga, nice to meet you here lol. I just remembered I forgot to ask you the other day, what is the reason behind a lot of banning? Seems crazy to me that mods never explain any of the banning to us, do you have any idea?

I just saw one of a pretty good poster called Saint Broseph banned today. He is not a troll at all, and he was a plat member. One of my very first friend on Sherdog named Tartara is also banned.

Hey bro Agga, nice to meet you here lol. I just remembered I forgot to ask you the other day, what is the reason behind a lot of banning? Seems crazy to me that mods never explain any of the banning to us, do you have any idea?

I just saw one of a pretty good poster called Saint Broseph banned today. He is not a troll at all, and he was a plat member. One of my very first friend on Sherdog named Tartara is also banned.

If you figure it out be sure to let the rest of us know..

I'm not ashamed of my post history, if you'd like i can dig through yours to remind you of who you were a decade plus ago. You weren't exactly all roses and perfume either back then. A baby elephant never forgets

What are blabbering on about? Do your worst.. I’ve always posted with roses and perfume, even before’05.. especially in the OT.

Back