WTF Happened to Edward Norton????

Always been a big fan of Norton's work but seriously have to question the decision making of anyone who could spend years dating Courtney Love.
She is a style icon . This dress she wore from 20 years ago this style is popular now .

courtney-love02_glamour_29mar16_GettyImages_b_262x393.jpg

Sounds like hes a very cool guy and doesnt care what other people think .

He refused to do promotional work for The Hulk because he didn't like the final cut, so I've heard. Too bad, I liked that Hulk movie and it did very well.
Not sure where you got that idea, but it really didn't. It grossed just $263.4mil worldwide, which is more than $300mil less than Iron Man did that same year and is more than $100mil worse than the next lowest MCU flick. I'd argue it's a better movie than some of their other entries, but financially it was a failure.

Not sure where you got that idea, but it really didn't. It grossed just $263.4mil worldwide, which is more than $300mil less than Iron Man did that same year and is more than $100mil worse than the next lowest MCU flick. I'd argue it's a better movie than some of their other entries, but financially it was a failure.

It absolutely was not a failure. It cost 150 million to make and made 260 mil. That's over 100 million in profit. Iron Man was an unexpected success. Hulk did as well as could be expected from the character.

Bro, he's in the number 2 movie in the world right now. He didn't go anywhere. Suasage fest

If you're thinking this about ed Norton think about how much josh hartnett disappeared.
?

He was just in a fantastic series called Penny Dreadful. It ran for three seasons on Showtime and just ended this year.

She is a style icon . This dress she wore from 20 years ago this style is popular now .

courtney-love02_glamour_29mar16_GettyImages_b_262x393.jpg

Sounds like hes a very cool guy and doesnt care what other people think .

She's also a turbulent drug addict who has acted violent towards people. I guess if she dresses well, everything else is secondary. Please continue making threads about qualities of a high value mate.

It absolutely was not a failure. It cost 150 million to make and made 260 mil. That's not a failure. That's over 100 million in profits.
Sorry to break it to you, but the studio doesn't actually get every dollar of that gross. Deals will be different depending on the studio and the market, but the general rule of thumb is 50% for domestic, 25% for foreign, and an additional 50% on advertising costs. So the math is actually much more like:
134.8*0.5 + 128.6*0.25 - 150*1.5 = -$125.45mil loss

A quick calculation backing out these numbers (and assuming a 50/50 domestic/foreign split) shows that worldwide gross needs to be about 4x the budget for a film to break even at the box office (though stuff like product tie-ins and tax breaks reduce the real-world break-even point so it's more like 3x). They can make up shortcomings on the back end with stuff like merchandising, home video, and TV rights, but studios prefer a movie at least pays for itself with ticket sales.

Last edited:
More info. What'd you guys do?

This was years ago, a friend & I ended up at an impromptu apartment-warming party after-hours in some Manhattan high floor place. No furniture yet, just moving boxes, people just standing or sitting around on the hardwood floors. Maybe 12-15 people chilling, having different conversations. After a minute, I noticed one of them was Edward Fucking Norton. I took a moment to calm down the excited Japanese schoolgirl in me, and gather myself. Then I went back to mingling. Eventually made my way around to him, and we ended up talking & drinking El Presidentes for about 4 hours. He was just the coolest muddafukka. And again, no big ego or any of that shit. Just a dude hanging out, except he just happened to be a dude who starred in Fight Club. Twas a great night.

its called unofficial , or unnanounced retirement. he 's probably chillaxing and surfing in Zegema beach and eating sushi all day

It's not a question of doing fine: Norton has been banned from blockbusters since Hulk. You can turn it around any way you want, you will not find one since 2008. Maybe Bourne Legacy but he was supporting the supporting actors in that...

So the point remains: why has Norton been banned from blockbusters? My answers remains the same: it's because he refused to come back to play Hulk again and the major studios put him on a black list or something. That doesn't mean he doesn't work: he has done a dozen of movies since Hulk.

Yet, he hasn't been pivotal in a blockbuster since then...

Source? Pretty sure I read that he wanted to come back for The Avengers.

It's not about that either. It's about being able to use your potential. Norton seems to have a very artistic point of view. He also has a deep history of activism. If he could make just ONE blockbuster a year, I'm sure he would use the money to finance his other projects.

For example, a guy like Keanu Reeves does that. Since the Matrix, he's on a steady diet: 1 blockbuster for every 5 independent/artistic projects. He uses the money from movies like John Wick to finance his other projects. It grants him some freedom in his choices.

Norton doesn't seem to have that option because he's been blacklisted.

You seem to know a lot about the life and career of a guy you’ve never met?

Being a pretty boy and choosing acting as his profession, what did he think was gonna happen?

He could fuck my mom if he wanted. I'm sure my dad would have something to say about it though.

But your mom has no say? You sexist pig.

This was years ago, a friend & I ended up at an impromptu apartment-warming party after-hours in some Manhattan high floor place. No furniture yet, just moving boxes, people just standing or sitting around on the hardwood floors. Maybe 12-15 people chilling, having different conversations. After a minute, I noticed one of them was Edward Fucking Norton. I took a moment to calm down the excited Japanese schoolgirl in me, and gather myself. Then I went back to mingling. Eventually made my way around to him, and we ended up talking & drinking Coronas for about 4 hours. He was just the coolest muddafukka. And again, no big ego or any of that shit. Just a dude hanging out, except he just happened to be a dude who starred in Fight Club. Twas a great night.

Dude 4 hours, elaborate ffs! What did you guys talk about? Boise dimes? teh UFC? Benching 275? More details man.

Last edited:
He's always cared more about the content of a film than its success. He thought Italian Job was so bad that he tried to buy the rights so it couldn't be released. He has different values. Being a part of blockbusters isn't one of them. There's a lot of great actors who agree.

He's always cared more about the content of a film than its success. He thought Italian Job was so bad that he tried to buy the rights so it couldn't be released. He has different values. Being a part of blockbusters isn't one of them. There's a lot of great actors who agree.

Not to hijack the thread, but what was so horrible about the plot for The Italian Job that made him so worried about it? It wasn’t the best movie, but it certainly wasn’t the worst. It’s been a while, but I can’t recall anything political about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back