WTF Happened to Edward Norton????

CableandThanos

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
It's like he fell off the face of the earth? At one point he was super hot and did a bunch of awesome movies.

American History X
Primal Fear
Italian Job
That one with deniro stealing
Fight Club
Rounders
The Illusionist
Red Dragon

I know he has done a couple artsy fartsy movies, but what gives?? He can play good guys, bad, guys, multiple personalities, meek guys, tough guys, etc.

He was awesome in Birdman. Hollyweird is fickle as fuck.

Apparently he is a gigantic asshole to work with.

Too bad, great actor.

He is trying for character roles now. He was in Grand Budapest hotel, sausage party. He does not want to be typecasted.

kingbaldwin3.jpg

campaigning, family, and stage (IIRC) has probably taken up his time of late. he's been acting pretty consistently since the 90's, too.

Last I saw him was in Pride & Glory. He was also the Hulk that failed.
Isn't he also that smart guy in that popular tv show Game of Thrones?

Last I saw him was in Pride & Glory. He was also the Hulk that failed.
Isn't he also that smart guy in that popular tv show Game of Thrones?
That's Aidan Gillen he was also in the wire.

Isn't he a voice over in Seth Rogan's Sausage Party movie?

Too bad, great actor.

I've heard that. He had huge problems with Tony Kaye on American History X and, from what I understand, found a way to push Kaye out and re-edit the film to his own liking.

He's probably financially at the point where he can do only the roles he wants to do. Maybe he hasn't found one he likes.

Seems like he has a hard time getting along with people and isn't willing to play the game. Incredibly talented though.

If you're thinking this about ed Norton think about how much josh hartnett disappeared.

Never refuse to play a superhero OR ELSE. Especially when they try to build a franchise but you refuse to come back. It happened to Norton: after refusing to return as Hulk, he found himself out of work and disgraced by the big Hollywood studios. Same thing happened to Michael Keaton after he refused to return as Batman. Sure he still got roles here and there but no more blockbusters. Yet, the first Batman was one of the biggest blockbuster of the early 90s.

They were both great in Birdman, a movie that has a big satirist point of view toward superheroes refusing to put the costume on "one more time". Life goes in circle and if we're lucky, both Norton and Keaton will make a return and get more love from big producers.

As for myself, I prefer watching them in more artistic work but I understand why it would be good for them to have a blockbuster here and there to help "put food on the table".

Too bad, great actor.

Was going to say the same. Honestly he looks like he would be an ass hole to work with but you never really know.

IMO Red Dragon and American History X were both good. His a-pex performance was in Primal Fear.

I think Norton picks and chooses what he wants to be associated with these days. I don't know if he does that many studio movies anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back