WTF Happened to Edward Norton????

He refused to do promotional work for The Hulk because he didn't like the final cut, so I've heard. Too bad, I liked that Hulk movie and it did very well.

Besides The Dark Knight that Hulk movie is my favorite superhero film. Was pretty bummed when I found out Norton wasn't gonna play the hulk again.

It's not about that either. It's about being able to use your potential. Norton seems to have a very artistic point of view. He also has a deep history of activism. If he could make just ONE blockbuster a year, I'm sure he would use the money to finance his other projects.

For example, a guy like Keanu Reeves does that. Since the Matrix, he's on a steady diet: 1 blockbuster for every 5 independent/artistic projects. He uses the money from movies like John Wick to finance his other projects. It grants him some freedom in his choices.

Norton doesn't seem to have that option because he's been blacklisted.

Its because he's an asshole and thinks he has enough to clout to push people around. He's a great actor but he consistently pushes for edits to scripts and cuts to films he has nothing to do with. On the Hulk he kept screwing with production and wouldn't come back unless he could make casting and writing choices. Many people don't like him.

I've always heard/read the rumors that the guy is ridiculous difficult to work with. Like, to use a wrestling analogy, he's like Hulk Hogan circa the late 90s and early 2000s with fucking creative control and shit refusing to "do the job" to guys like Shawn Michaels or Jeff Jarrett. I've always heard/read that Norton essentially wants to make the decisions that producers and directors and writers make.

Only differene between Hollywood and the world of TV wrestling is there are ways for the "wrestlers" to get back at a guy like Hogan.

Unfortunately actors don't have the ability to publicly embarrass people like that.

It's like he fell off the face of the earth? At one point he was super hot and did a bunch of awesome movies.

American History X
Primal Fear
Italian Job
That one with deniro stealing
Fight Club
Rounders
The Illusionist
Red Dragon

I know he has done a couple artsy fartsy movies, but what gives?? He can play good guys, bad, guys, multiple personalities, meek guys, tough guys, etc.
Well, let's just that, in Hollywood, when you keep turning down pedophilic themed parties, and won't make a triangle symbol that discretely incorporates your left eye whn you take pictures... people kinda stop inviting you to do stuff. Movies included.

Its because he's an asshole and thinks he has enough to clout to push people around. He's a great actor but he consistently pushes for edits to scripts and cuts to films he has nothing to do with. On the Hulk he kept screwing with production and wouldn't come back unless he could make casting and writing choices. Many people don't like him.
I heard that. He also directed some small movies and there were echos of abusive behavior. I think he also bullied the production for edit rights in American History X. The Hulk debacle happened because of that: I assume the producers got tired and said "no more" so Norton just decided not to promote.

I can't help but point out that it doesn't change my point: Norton was blacklisted after Hulk and never made another blockbuster. I admit that I jumped the gun on assuming HE decided not to come back: maybe he was told not to come back or just the casual "don't call us, we'll call you" catchphrase...

Primal Fear
AHX
Fight Club
Red Dragon
Illusionist
Birdman
GBH

Guys great

People be forgetting Death to Smoochy. Though Robin Williams deserves a lot of credit for that one as well.

I've always heard/read the rumors that the guy is ridiculous difficult to work with. Like, to use a wrestling analogy, he's like Hulk Hogan circa the late 90s and early 2000s with fucking creative control and shit refusing to "do the job" to guys like Shawn Michaels or Jeff Jarrett. I've always heard/read that Norton essentially wants to make the decisions that producers and directors and writers make.

Only differene between Hollywood and the world of TV wrestling is there are ways for the "wrestlers" to get back at a guy like Hogan.

Unfortunately actors don't have the ability to publicly embarrass people like that.

This brilliant post pretty Mich sums up why getting back into wrestling at age 31 helped me gain a savvy perspective on masculinity, promotion, macho interactions of all kinds.

I understand josh hartnett was pretty rich and was basically sick of it. He left stacks on the table kind of like when Ricky Williams did.

mark-ruffalo.jpg

Was it Abercrombie that Ruffalo did his underwear modeling for?
Mark ruffalo is hot and talented I thought he was really good in the brothers bloom.

Great actor. He dated Salma Hayek's fine ass back in the day

One the more overrated actors out there. He plays Edward Norton in every movie.
????

He is known for playing multiple personalities, he can play meek or hard, good guy or bad guy??

Are you sure you are thinking of the right guy?

"Ed-ward Nor-ton? What kind of dumb cunt name is that?!" - Sammy Bagel Jr.

DEL_S0116_bagelSammy_jd_v01.jpg

But in that case, I think the Hulk probably came out better with his micromanaging. Same when he took control over American History X. Otherwise they would have used the alternate ending where Derek reverted back to his skinhead roots after his brother was shot dead.

Back