WRL62

Which of these "egret facts" are actually true? (answers will be revealed in August)

• Wealthy landowners, generally speaking

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had more than a small hand tool kit of like wrenches and shit from Amazon I would build my own.

A guy in the VGF suggested buying like countertop material and using a small file system from IKEA for the "legs" essentially. There's a part of me that wants some cheap Ikea shit though so that when it breaks when I move out all I have to do is "shrug... I'll just get a new one" and move on.
You might as well just buy the table top from IKEA if you're going to buy the legs from them.
They have a section of "build your own" tables. Pick a tabletop style/dimensions, and then attach your preferred legs to it. The no-frills ones are reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Speaking of desks...
@curryjunkie Was I talking to you on here about a built in desk project I was working on? I finished it recently:
full

I ended up using boards instead of plywood. I got things pretty straight with a hand planer, pocket screws, and a bunch of clamps. The stain is a an aged grey with a gloss poly seal. It looks like paint in the pic, but you can see the grain irl. Its a little warped in the picture because its not screwed in place. I added shims to flatten it out. There's still a little gap towards the back, but I've since hidden it with a lamp and organizer. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. Learned a lot from the project and ready to take on a new one.
good stuff,next up...a house!

TBH, they don’t have much of a choice. PC culture has dictated the tone where advertising is a concern. Free speech has been replaced by saying only things that aren’t offensive to the intolerant Left.
What kind of things are not tolerated?

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?"
-Rep Steve King
So in addition to his white supremacy, he's a closet incest/rape fan who is really bad at math?

He's trying to make the point that abortion in the cases of rape and incest shouldn't be allowed
I bet he's not the brightest guy, but someone should have told him that there are arguments against abortion that don't sounds like you advocate decriminalizing rape and incest.

Last edited:
You might as well just buy the table top from IKEA if you're going to buy the legs from them.
They have a section of "build your own" tables. Pick a tabletop style/dimensions, and then attach your preferred legs to it. The no-frills ones are reasonably priced if you aren't looking for something crazy.
you could get a half sheet of good birch ply and some hairpin legs and make a pretty good desk, round over the edges or chamfer them and put a few coats of finish on, looks pretty contemporary and if you bash up the top, just get a new sheet and replace it. im goin to see a guy with a shed full of live edge slabs , pick some of the smaller ones out, add some good steel legs after flattening it, and carve designs into the border with my CNC machine, sell em for good money cos its all custom work.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?"
-Rep Steve King

He's trying to make the point that abortion in the cases of rape and incest shouldn't be allowed

What is he even kvetching about?

Just looking for some of that sweet sweet, "Handmaid's Tale" action.

you could get a half sheet of good birch ply and some hairpin legs and make a pretty good desk, round over the edges or chamfer them and put a few coats of finish on, looks pretty contemporary and if you bash up the top, just get a new sheet and replace it. im goin to see a guy with a shed full of live edge slabs , pick some of the smaller ones out, add some good steel legs after flattening it, and carve designs into the border with my CNC machine, sell em for good money cos its all custom work.
I've wanted to try something with a live edge and epoxy, but I'm kind of at a point where I don't really need any new furniture.

That gives me an idea for radio ads that sound similar to cellphone ringtones.
There’s a parrot in a pet shop here that can mimick the facebook message sound (or whatsapp, I don’t have either). Funny to see everyone reaching for their stupid smartphones while the parrot and I have a larf

There’s a parrot in a pet shop here that can mimick the facebook message sound (or whatsapp, I don’t have either). Funny to see everyone reaching for their stupid smartphones while the parrot and I have a larf
source.gif

"In US, driving takes 51min/day, & causes 40K of 2.8M deaths. That's 3.5% of time, but only 1.4% of deaths. So relative to its place in our lives, driving is not that dangerous."

What....huh?

This is so illogical that it's hard to explain.
“Only” 1.4% of deaths seems pretty high considering most people die of old age hahahah

Just looking for some of that sweet sweet, "Handmaid's Tale" action.
btw this post reminded me, google search is now picking up things that you look at for just a couple seconds and then google. Example here, I wanted to look up something about that show, and it came up when I typed "Han." I think they must do it with a temporary html cache so it can quickly compare your typing with the text from where you were just browsing, which would be pretty simple, but it's a little freaky that it's effectively done in real time. I like it because it's really handy, but I hope it makes people feel very paranoid.

“Only” 1.4% of deaths seems pretty high considering most people die of old age hahahah

*cancer and heart disease

Not sure if cancer has taken over the number one spot in the States yet. I suspect it depends where you look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back