Social WR Lounge v286 armchair quarterback edition

Do you know what a piss window is?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it important to control and be aware of who enters the country?

Why do you keep ducking the question? I think it's because you're trying to have it both ways here.

Trump’s racism w/r/t immigration probably had more to do with his distaste for Black immigrants from “shithole” countries and his desire for more immigrants from Nordic countries, not to mention lots of other racism directed at immigrants, but that’s just my thinking.

Racism definitely plays a part in the sense that people think that non-white immigrants are having a dysgenic effect on the country. You'll see that pretty explicitly from many. But there's also "common sense" to people who don't think through their positions that adding more workers means that wages will fall and unemployment will rise (and those people also tend to think that non-white immigrants increase crime rates and drain the safety-net system). Further, believers in that narrative think that it's obviously true and everyone knows it, but an unholy alliance of the left and right allows it anyway because of a desire for cheap labor on the right and a desire for votes on the left. That shields them from any felt need to actually engage with the evidence or logic.

8-8 nfc east champ looms. Go Fitzmagic tho.

He isn't guaranteed the starting job. Hopefully he loses out to Heincke because I'm not looking forward to 3 TDS and 5 INTs every other week.

Does anyone remember a poster in the war room who was pro Trump and had a Ben Askren avy and posted in the bet threads?

Of course! Waiguoren. Legend around here. Also contributed to the WR bet threads.

Of course! Waiguoren. Legend around here.
Yeah that’s him. He was pretty nice to me but I think I broke his brain when I told him I was for open borders, which was weird because I think the right so often says that is exactly the policy of the left.

Anyone watched this trilogy? Just stumbled across 'em. Pretty riveting shit. Politically motivated mass murder.

@sickc0d3r

rampage-movie-poster-2009-1020711693.jpg

rampage-capital-punishment-53f45b2185b25.jpg

rampage-president-down-57f904ea46c87.jpg

Why do you keep ducking the question? I think it's because you're trying to have it both ways here.

Says the guy who says he against illegal immigration and ducks the question as to why. Didn't you say it was beneficial to the economy?

Yeah that’s him. He was pretty nice to me but I think I broke his brain when I told him I was for open borders, which was weird because I think the right so often says that is exactly the policy of the left.

He was a very odd fellow:
squatted on his toilet seat to shit (i.e., on a regular, American-style throne)
had a phase of calling everyone "Mr. (some portion of their name)"
got banned for calling a black poster an ape, and then kept getting it again because he disagreed with the moderation call and continued pushing it
had a thing about plums
really into this guy Jesse Lee Peterson
had a bunch of weird rules for men (a man should never apologize; a man should never get angry)
didn't understand the concept of a joke
claimed to have developed an election-prediction model (wouldn't talk about it, though, because it was proprietary)
Etc.

Really, I could go on forever. When you hear people call Limbo "Fake History Man" or talk about plums here in the Lounge, those are wai allusions. Fawlty acknowledged that he was in the 89th percentile, which also got some mileage. He was obsessed with beating me in a bet, and when we finally had one and I won (I'm 11-0 in the WR Bet Thread), he stayed away for the duration of his punishment period rather than sport the sig I gave him. For all that, IMO, he was arguably the best right-wing poster in the WR and a fun poster. I think he tried to be a good guy, but he was kind of messed up emotionally.

Says the guy who says he against illegal immigration and ducks the question as to why. Didn't you say it was beneficial to the economy?

I answered the question. I can expand on it, but when you keep ducking what I ask you, it kind of feels unfair, y'know? I already addressed your point. Just because someone opposes something doesn't mean that they have to agree to every negative claim made about that thing. You can be honest about the economic impact even if you oppose it.

I've never been there myself but based on the location and their Yelp pictures it seems like it's an upscale establishment. I think you'll be fine.

If you do come to town, hit me up and I'll grab a beer with you
I'll pm you soon if that's cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back