Social WR Lounge v261: Opium-Free Heroin, for those trying to quit but still wanna shoot up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll respond to the other posts after work, easier with a keyboard.
Glen Danzig

Punk rock can't exist with cancel culture

Young whackers

Lol OK boomer lol you're just being silly grandpa.

Few days later ... nofx you can't come to punk rock bowling cuz of that shit you said bout the Vegas shooting

Young whackers.... crickets.
Danzig can fuck himself. A young queer black dude literally gave satan a lapdance and the video has millions of hits.

Also NOFX stepped back from PRB they weren't removed. The death threats were coming from country fans.

Danzig can fuck himself. A young queer black dude literally gave satan a lapdance and the video has millions of hits.

Also NOFX stepped back from PRB they weren't removed. The death threats were coming from country fans.

I wish I could've said something more meaningful to you aside from the vanity driven skin care post. :( It's just legit incredibly difficult for me to personally relate to things like alcoholism, drug abuse, depression and suicidal thoughts. I dunno what to say.

The fact that's all it takes is exactly how cancel culture works . Right wing types though they say they hate it play the game too. It's lame no matter which group does it and it shouldn't be given an inch to grow.

Also it's become quite acceptable to be queer. Lucifer doesn't have the same shock value anymore either . He now has a hit tv show and a mainstream band sings song about him.... but i have a hard time believing something like holiday in Cambodia or white punks on hope wouldn't be a huge issue today ...maybe I'm wrong about that and you could post me a link

The fact that's all it takes is exactly how cancel culture works . Right wing types though they say they hate it play the game too. It's lame no matter which group does it and it shouldn't be given an inch to grow.

Also it's become quite acceptable to be queer .... but i have a hard time believing something like holiday in Cambodia or white punks on hope wouldn't be a huge issue today ...maybe I'm wrong about that and you could post me a link
The point is really that punk evolves with the times. There are plenty of good punk bands that exist now.

Also it's become quite acceptable to be queer. Lucifer doesn't have the same shock value anymore either . He now has a hit tv show and a mainstream band sings song about him.... but i have a hard time believing something like holiday in Cambodia or white punks on hope wouldn't be a huge issue today ...maybe I'm wrong about that and you could post me a link

So you’re saying in no situation should someone be “cancelled” or as they called it every other year “getting fired,” for obscene public comments?

So you’re saying in no situation should someone be “cancelled” or as they called it every other year “getting fired,” for obscene public comments?

No punk bands probably shouldn't be fired or forced to drop off a show for obscene comments. I have different expectations for different groups

That’s an enthusiastic response lol: The best punk has always been radically leftist, if, for example Minutemen existed today their ideology would be the same but the systems they challenge would be those of now.

No punk bands probably shouldn't be fired or forced to drop off a show for obscene comments. I have different expectations for different groups
Was Jello canceling people when he sang nazi punks fuck off?

That’s an enthusiastic response lol: The best punk has always been radically leftist, if, for example Minutemen existed today their ideology would be the same but the systems they challenge would be those of now.

Your countering an argument I never made.

Sure just about every punk band leans to the left..... but a lot of them didn't used to give a fuck about being offensive and you might see it differently than I do but I find that attitude to be lacking today.

Your countering an argument I never made.

Sure just about every punk band leans to the left..... but a lot of them didn't used to give a fuck about being offensive and you might see it differently than I do but I find that attitude to be lacking today.
I think the point is punk bands who focused on being offensive were confusing edgy, hyper masculinity for punk. A lot of that stuff was bad back then imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back