Social Wr Lounge V253: I hate when my buds fight

You can have a full on conversation with one of the following and you both understand each other;

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it would be very easy if you just pretended to be a right-winger. The intellectual bar is so low there that anyone who is in the top 10% of thinking and writing ability could easily build a big audience and make millions off it if that's their goal.
My goal isn't to make millions off being a right wing personality. My goal is to make enough of a following to fight Jake Paul so he can pay for my goddamn house.

If you would be so crazy to make a thread on this, can you guess what the first 6 replies would be?
Different culture, hard to judge.
He's just trying to get through a very tough job.
People shouldn't give cops an excuse to plant drugs on them in the first place.
The people he stopped were all probably criminals to begin with and he was just hurrying things up.
Is he white? Cause you know, if he's white it has to be due to racism.
Are the people he stopped all black? If not it definitely wasn't racism.

How am I doing so far?

My goal isn't to make millions off being a right wing personality. My goal is to make enough of a following to fight Jake Paul so he can pay for my goddamn house.

If you build a following as a right-wing personality, maybe you can use the platform to encourage more construction, which will bring house prices down.

But also, if you have enough people following you, you'll get his attention if you call him out.

Different culture, hard to judge.
He's just trying to get through a very tough job.
People shouldn't give cops an excuse to plant drugs on them in the first place.
The people he stopped were all probably criminals to begin with and he was just hurrying things up.
Is he white? Cause you know, if he's white it has to be due to racism.
Are the people he stopped all black? If not it definitely wasn't racism.

How am I doing so far?
That's amazing.
I've pondered becoming a right wing grifter. If Charlie Kirk and Candace Owens can do it, it can't be that hard.
Do you have a conscience? Principles?

I've pondered becoming a right wing grifter. If Charlie Kirk and Candace Owens can do it, it can't be that hard.

Please do it.

I'm interested in how realistically sustainable it is for a left winger, or even just a decent person who is actually interested in politics/policy.

I imagine that the inevitable end is either that you break character because you can't stomach the dishonesty (of the facade and of the conservative policy platform generally) or you eventually become an actual right winger from drinking from the fountain of stupidity and attention.

But also, if you have enough people following you, you'll get his attention if you call him out.
I figure if i shitpost him enough I could get him angry enough to want to shut me up. It's just whether I have the dedication to do so or not.

The assfuck is a MW calling out LW and WWs. Call out at or above your weightclass pussy.

Please do it.

I'm interested in how realistically sustainable it is for a left winger, or even just a decent person who is actually interested in politics/policy.

I imagine that the inevitable end is either that you break character because you can't stomach the dishonesty (of the facade and of the conservative policy platform generally) or you eventually become an actual right winger from drinking from the fountain of stupidity and attention.

And from getting attacked by the left. I wonder if Queen B or PBI/El Viejito/whatever his current name is (something Samoan-sounding, I think) is actually moving left as a result of that effect (that is, having rightist morons yell at him all the time causing him to legitimately identify the other way).

I don't think BEER could pull it off, but I think you probably could. You should try it as an experiment.

Kurt Vonnegut wrote a book about a guy who pretended to be a Nazi propagandist to help the Allies (with coded messages in broadcasts). Written as memoirs by a guy on trial for war crimes in an Israeli prison. The character somewhat accepts his own guilt. "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

I don't think BEER could pull it off, but I think you probably could. You should try it as an experiment.

Weirdly, I honestly take this is a great compliment. But, no, I definitely couldn't pull it off.

I remember how, after Heath Ledger died, the internet was full of rumors that he got his psyche into such a dark place with his method acting for the Joker role that it plunged him into a suicidal state from which he couldn't escape. It ended up being completely bullshit, but I think it's a proper analogy for what would happen to me if I pretended to be a right wing hack for more than a few weeks.

Do you have a conscience? Principles?

Unfortunately.

Please do it.

I doubt I could keep it up, but only because I'd be afraid I'd actually radicalize people to the far-right.

Weirdly, I honestly take this is a great compliment. But, no, I definitely couldn't pull it off.

I remember how, after Heath Ledger died, the internet was full of rumors that he got his psyche into such a dark place with his method acting for the Joker role that it plunged him into a suicidal state from which he couldn't escape. It ended up being completely bullshit, but I think it's a proper analogy for what would happen to me if I pretended to be a right wing hack for more than a few weeks.

What I think would be more attractive than a grift (which I agree would feel terrible) is someone smart legitimately making the best arguments for rightist positions (not necessarily the positions currently held by the movement) to just fill that gap. I think someone doing that would not be as successful in terms of building an audience but they could legitimately make a positive impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back