Social WR Lounge v 215 Stick in the Mud of Uranus

Have you been tested for Corona Virus/COVID 19?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting little scumbag trying to make rice some uneventful cheap little meal because he makes it in a microwave. I wish I had a bowl of rice to just mash on-top of your head while I give you a noogie, uncle bens too since the packaging is a black man.

? You will never beat the machine, not in time, or quality or taste.
Or consistency. But yeah the main thing is you set it and forget it. It sings a little tune when it is ready, you fluff it up a bit, and let the machine keep it hot until the rest of the meal is ready. All of the above goes for our bread maker, though it takes a bit of fiddling to get the recipe right depending upon the local environment. Otherwise, it's the same, put in all the ingredients and let it go. Out comes a loaf of bread. And it's damned good.

Or consistency. But yeah the main thing is you set it and forget it. It sings a little tune when it is ready, you fluff it up a bit, and let the machine keep it hot until the rest of the meal is ready. All of the above goes for our bread maker, though it takes a bit of fiddling to get the recipe right depending upon the local environment. Otherwise, it's the same, put in all the ingredients and let it go. Out comes a loaf of bread. And it's damned good.

Dude why use a bread maker. You can make it yourself so easily. Also, it's all in the spices for the bread, not the consistency.

I've been using this brown rice medley of long grain brown rice, black barley, and daikon radish seeds, it's great. I mix it in with whatever legume combo stew I'm rolling with for the bean/rice complete protein combo, good for making gains while eliminating meat, and my colon has never been happier.

I've been using this brown rice medley of long grain brown rice, black barley, and daikon radish seeds, it's great. I mix it in with whatever legume combo stew I'm rolling with for the bean/rice complete protein combo, good for making gains while eliminating meat, and my colon has never been happier.

Don't mention the colon part too loudly, there is a lot of guys here who would love to take advantage of that.

Dude why use a bread maker. You can make it yourself so easily. Also, it's all in the spices for the bread, not the consistency.
LOL
Mind you, this shit is the bomb,
2190613-005.jpg

Ever had furikake? Man, that is so fucking good...

@Gregolian I can't help but wonder whether it's hard to come by in Utah. Do you eat much Japanese at home? I hope you don't mind my curiosity. A store imitating a combini i.e. selling Japanese food products, snacks, the makings for gyoza, curry, and various other things opened up here recently. When I met her, my wife was in the habit of travelling to a bigger city about 4 hours away around 4 times a year to supplement what she sent back from Japan on her trips there (mostly for the mayo). But now we have an authentic Japanese restaurant (as in Japanese owners, chef and wait staff) with great--though expensive--ramen, and a Japanese food store. We feel very fortunate.

To be fair when I looked at his first comment again he said “chefs” and not “cooks” if we’re going to call in Captain Pedantic.

But yeah I think a rice cooker is a super convenient and great appliance for anyone who plans on, you know, eating good rice.
Nah. Never met an Asian chef that didn't use a rice cooker either.

If anything rice in a restaurant setting requires a much higher degree of consistency.

LOL
Mind you, this shit is the bomb,
2190613-005.jpg

Ever had furikake? Man, that is so fucking good...

@Gregolian I can't help but wonder whether it's hard to come by in Utah. Do you eat much Japanese at home? I hope you don't mind my curiosity. A store imitating a combini i.e. selling Japanese food products, snacks, the makings for gyoza, curry, and various other things opened up here recently. When I met her, my wife was in the habit of travelling to a bigger city about 4 hours away around 4 times a year to supplement what she sent back from Japan on her trips there (mostly for the mayo). But now we have an authentic Japanese restaurant (as in Japanese owners, chef and wait staff) with great--though expensive--ramen, and a Japanese food store. We feel very fortunate.
We eat curry, mabo tofu, and other Japanese meals my mom scrounges up. I’m not a huge fan of furikake though.

Over here in Toronto @irish_thug @Wet Blanket we have a paper here called 'The Sun'

It is notoriously sold to people who read at an 8th grade level. Big letters, simple writing style. Your posts always remind me of a sun article.

Thats too harsh man.

Besides, The Sun is quite right wing and SCSA is def a weirdo lefty like myself.

He's no left wing Joe Warmington or Sue Anne Levy.

He just needs a ittle more chill.

venas-roti-restaurant-owner-passes-away-toronto

I got some pretty big personal news.

I've come to realize I don't have it in me to be an accountant for the next 29 years of my life so I just let my company know that I'm leaving the profession in the next 2 months. I'm going back to school to become a Nurse (Murse?). My VP thinks I'm crazy, which could be true but 12 years of excel spreadsheets has taken it's toll so C'est la vie.

When that happens I'm going to start working a menial job 2nd or 3rd shift as I go to school so my posting is going to take a serious hit in May.

Congrats on the move, man.

My brother's been a murse for 20 years and is doing very well for himself. He got a Master's to become a nurse anesthetist and has been absolutely raking in the money. Like, the bare ass minimum with no experience and straight out of school for that is $150k.

He would tell me that he had single friends who'd pick up extra surgeries on weekends and bring in close to a quarter million a year.

Fact - White people don't wash their rice before cooking.

Fucking noobs.

@HereticBD @Sketch

You guys got me craving rice now.

I've never craved rice.

Edit - wild rice is the best and my wife cooks it like a wizard without even measuring water or rice and just eyeballs it....aaaaaand doesn't even use a lid.

We eat curry, mabo tofu, and other Japanese meals my mom scrounges up. I’m not a huge fan of furikake though.
I'm kind of surprised. About the second part, that is. It strikes me like the ultimate seasoning. It hits me right in my happy place. And to think I never even heard of it before about 2012 and I'm in my 50's now.

@BEER I don't know if you've recently had any experience like this where you felt like "Where's this been all my life?" but man, if you're not even 40 yet don't give up on a happy life FFS. My life was four fifths of a pile of shit until I was almost 50 yet the last 8 years have made it all worth it to keep going. There's so much incredible shit out there to experience, and you just have to hang in there no matter what because you never know what amazing fucking thing could be around the next corner. Let's not fellate any gun barrels, ok man?

Same goes for you @AgonyandIrony, you endearingly misanthropic little ginger fuck toy. You're way too young to think all your options are exhausted. And you're way too smart to believe that anyway. Just give yourself a break and try not to be in such a hurry. As @senri will attest, your most succulent flesh will manifest in the fullness of time if you will only allow it to fulfill its potential through the process of aging the flesh and the synapses.

And with that,
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back