Social WR Lounge v 215 Stick in the Mud of Uranus

Have you been tested for Corona Virus/COVID 19?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of surprised. About the second part, that is. It strikes me like the ultimate seasoning. It hits me right in my happy place. And to think I never even heard of it before about 2012 and I'm in my 50's now.

@BEER I don't know if you've recently had any experience like this where you felt like "Where's this been all my life?" but man, if you're not even 40 yet don't give up on a happy life FFS. My life was absolute shit until I was almost 50 yet the last 8 years have made it all worth it to keep going. There's so much incredible shit out there to experience, and you just have to hang in there no matter what because you never know what incredible fucking thing could be around the next corner.
I’m a huge fan of plain rice. The only rice I’ll season is Basmati or Jasmine rice

Nah. Never met an Asian chef that didn't use a rice cooker either.

If anything rice in a restaurant setting requires a much higher degree of consistency.
Fair enough. Makes sense. I’ve never worked in a commercial kitchen.

I just know that of the thousands of Asian people I know from Hawai'i to North America to Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand... all own rice cookers and all use them cooking at home.

Fair enough. Makes sense. I’ve never worked in a commercial kitchen.

I just know that of the thousands of Asian people I know from Hawai'i to North America to Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand... all own rice cookers and all use them cooking at home.
It's also fucking stupid. Do Italians hand cut their fettuccini? Ravioli stamps not exist? Why mix dough in a kitchenaid stand mixer, you can clearly do it by hand.

Consistently is what a chef strives for most. Perfection is the ultimate goal of a chef.

Can confirm the Chinese joint I worked at used rice cookers. Three of 'em at least.
Actually my first job was working at a Thai restaurant that my friend’s family owned. But I only bussed tables and don’t even remember what they had in the kitchen besides the hentai lmao. I was 13.

Back then I guess you could have a 13 year old working front of house and nobody looked at it funny. I was a huge 13 year old though also tbf

Actually my first job was working at a Thai restaurant that my friend’s family owned. But I only bussed tables and don’t even remember what they had in the kitchen besides the hentai lmao. I was 13

Thai is some of the best cuisine. Lucky you.

I've been using this brown rice medley of long grain brown rice, black barley, and daikon radish seeds, it's great. I mix it in with whatever legume combo stew I'm rolling with for the bean/rice complete protein combo, good for making gains while eliminating meat, and my colon has never been happier.
How is your relationship with your colon?

It's also fucking stupid. Do Italians hand cut their fettuccini? Ravioli stamps not exist? Why mix dough in a kitchenaid stand mixer, you can clearly do it by hand.

Consistently is what a chef strives for most. Perfection is the ultimate goal of a chef.
A lot of Italians do make all of that by hand.

How about some white rice with plain pasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back