Social WR Lounge v 215 Stick in the Mud of Uranus

Have you been tested for Corona Virus/COVID 19?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has a microwave too. Is it because it cooks eggs better?

Although, I must clarify that I don't believe it doesn't do the job, just that it's unnecessary. It's rice after all.
That's just more proof the only rice you've ever made for yourself is minute rice. Unless you have no job.

I think charging the former governor who can't possibly have been directly responsible is a bit much personally.

Former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder Charged in Flint Water Crisis

https://www.courthousenews.com/former-michigan-governor-rick-snyder-charged-in-flint-water-crisis/

FLINT, Mich. (CN) — Former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder was criminally charged Wednesday for his role in the Flint water contamination catastrophe that left thousands of his constituents poisoned.

Snyder, who fashioned himself as a businessman candidate when he was elected in 2010, was charged with two counts of willful neglect of duty according to an online court record in Genesee County District Court.

Court records show Snyder is being charged by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel. Spokesman for the AG, Kelly Rossman-McKinney, told the Detroit Free Press she could not confirm or deny the charges, but Nessel is scheduled to make a major announcement about the case on Thursday.

It is the first time in the 184-year history of the state that a governor or former governor had been charged with crimes related to their time in that office. Snyder served in the position from 2011 to 2019.

In August 2020, the City of Flint agreed to a $600 million settlement from the state over the crisis, a figure that increased to $641 million by the time the deal was finalized in November.
It’s about time imo.

Hopefully we see politicians held accountable for the crimes they commit while in office more often.

Be interesting to see how the stuff in Seattle shakes out with that over time @Social Distance Warrior

The thing is, I can accept ignorance if there's some openness to change. I didn't know anything but minute rice when I was a kid in PEI in the 70's. Honest to fuck, Uncle Ben's was exotic shit to me, even as my mother served curry and zucchini forward ratatouille. I just had no idea until I grew up and experienced the world. But I'm pretty sure you're both in Toronto, one of the most cosmopolitan cities on earth, where you can be exposed to nearly every culture in the world if you choose to. How do you to treat all of it with disdain?

He's not allowed in Toronto.

It's a convenience for lazy people. It is not a miracle machine.
I don't understand what you mean here. With basically any cooker you put in the rice, put the water, and press a button, possibly several. This is pretty much all the attention rice deserves, how is that lazy?

I just can't even

That's just more proof the only rice you've ever made for yourself is minute rice. Unless you have no job.
To be fair when I looked at his first comment again he said “chefs” and not “cooks” if we’re going to call in Captain Pedantic.

But yeah I think a rice cooker is a super convenient and great appliance for anyone who plans on, you know, eating good rice.

You're gonna have to explain this logic. I have only cooked minute rice, because cooking actual rice is impossible and requires a device? This also somehow means I have no job? LOL.

It's rice. It's not like you've gotta smoke it for three days, or anything. If anything, you're proving that you only know how to cook minute rice, and require aid with anything more complicated.

You're gonna have to explain this logic. I have only cooked minute rice, because cooking actual rice is impossible and requires a device? This also somehow means I have no job? LOL.

It's rice. It's not like you've gotta smoke it for three days, or anything. If anything, you're proving that you only know how to cook minute rice, and require aid with anything more complicated.

I make simple for you. Rice no hard, but issue is cook through all way. If just pot like white caveman, not cook even. Microwave nasty. Rice cooker like a science, make perfect every time. Help with life, can chop veggie or cook meat while machine make perfect every time. Not so expensive cheap machine.

I don't understand what you mean here. With basically any cooker you put in the rice, put the water, and press a button, possibly several. This is pretty much all the attention rice deserves, how is that lazy?
I'm trying to picture that weasel hovering over a boiling pot trying and divining the perfect moment to remove the rice from the heat to achieve the perfect cook on the rice time after time just like a rice cooker.

I make simple for you. Rice no hard, but issue is cook through all way. If just pot like white caveman, not cook even. Microwave nasty. Rice cooker like a science, make perfect every time. Help with life, can chop veggie or cook meat while machine make perfect every time. Not so expensive cheap machine.

I'm trying to picture that weasel hovering over a boiling pot trying and divining the perfect moment to remove the rice from the heat to achieve the perfect cook on the rice time after time just like a rice cooker.
Great minds and all that.

This is like Devils advocate on steroids

? You will never beat the machine, not in time, or quality or taste.

The taste comes from the spices. Without any spices, you're just eating bland poor people food, no matter how well it's cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back