Would you change anything in your past?

Would you change anything in your past?

• Total voters
I've had a shitty past, been through a lot of things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Died once, was a drug addict for 15 years, was physically abused as a kid...been homeless twice and a host of other things I don't feel like talking about.

I wouldn't change anything because I wouldn't be who I am today, and I worked hard to make it through all those things.

Out past creates the future or it ruins it if you let it....I created and now I'm free.

<mma1>

Your an inspiration to us all sir.

I have so many things I wish I could change:

I wish I never used steroids
I wish I never invested in biotech
I wish I spent more time with my childhood dog
I wish I spent more time with my dad
I wish I never ghosted the girl who loved me
I wish I told the girl I loved how I really felt
etc etc

People say they have no regrets, because it makes them the person they are today. I AM FULL OF RAGRETS (including some bad tattoos), and I don't really like the person I became.
I love my shitty tattoos. And I think you're a solid dude (not just because of the muscle mass).

@Woldog what's your combat sports history? Did anyone ever knock that mustache off in the cage?

I'd also take back a lot of stupid drunken hijinx I did that I thought was funny at the time but looking at it now, I feel like I was really kind of a dick. I have a few guilty memories of being mean to people that still really bother me. For instance, I once asked a professional fighter if he ever had his mustache knocked off. Dumb shit like that.

I used to clepto little weird items at parties and stuff, nothing valuable, just shit that caught my fancy like a weird tiki glass or a small stone statue, or a sweat shirt......all shit I wish I could reimburse the people for now. hell I stole my prom suit from a church thrift store.....then paid them back about 35 years latter when I was there for a christening.........so yeah....regarts fo sho.
Competing in boxing from the age of 12. Spent a lot of my life as an amateur because I liked to fight, got bored with boxing and started doing Muay Thai in my early 20's fighting in both boxing and Muay Thai regularly. Went pro in boxing, undefeated as a pro. Injury to my hand that wouldn't go away after a year. Retired from fighting and training aged 30. At the end of the spending the majority of my life in boxing gyms all I have to show from boxing is a boxrec and sore joints and hands. I'm not bitter about it. I just feel like I could have spent my time more productively doing something better with my life lol. Every now and again I feel like going back but I just don't know if I can be fucked doing it all again.

And no, no one ever knocked my moustache off in the ring. I was never knocked out nor ever stopped via punches to the head as an amateur or a pro (I have never had a concussion that I know of). I was however stopped multiple times via bodyshots.

Impressive.

Body shots suck and I've only been hit with a few of them. The worst shot i ever took was a shot to my back as I was getting on a school bus. kid cheap shotted me in the back and I guess he hit the liver because my entire body just froze. I'm standing on the bus steps unable to move but holding on the little rail thing and the bus driver, who has no idea what just happened behind me is just staring at me like WTF are you just standing there for?

in my very very short time training boxing and muay thai in my 40's, I met some pretty fun characters and got a couple of good stories out of it. i imagine a life in boxing gyms has left you with buckets full of stories and that is more than a lot of people got out of their youth.

Thanks for the good reply.

Impressive.

Body shots suck and I've only been hit with a few of them. The worst shot i ever took was a shot to my back as I was getting on a school bus. kid cheap shotted me in the back and I guess he hit the liver because my entire body just froze. I'm standing on the bus steps unable to move but holding on the little rail thing and the bus driver, who has no idea what just happened behind me is just staring at me like WTF are you just standing there for?

in my very very short time training boxing and muay thai in my 40's, I met some pretty fun characters and got a couple of good stories out of it. i imagine a life in boxing gyms has left you with buckets full of stories and that is more than a lot of people got out of their youth.

Thanks for the good reply.
A lot of good stories and a lot of great friends. But ultimately I ended my life with nothing to really show for it. I'm sure that's a quite common result for fighters though. But what's more important a world title or a purple name on sherdog. The first time I experienced a true liver shot while sparring a cruiserweight (I was a welterweight at the time) I saw it coming, felt it land and thought "LOL that wasn't that bad" before my body shut down and I just dropped. Had to roll out of the ring under the ropes and almost crawl outside to vomit lol. About a minute later another welterweight was out vomiting next to me. Turned out the cruiserweight had picked that day to work on liver shots.

I love every single one of my shitty tattoos and I have a lot. Fingers, arms, chest, legs. Most shitty was done by some chick on a party high on mdma that looks like a washed out sort of tribal root thingy some edgy kid wouldve drawn in their gothic phase. Another one is a very shitty drawing of a Vampire Pope lying under a lovely bedsheet looking out on my upper leg.

I have Aphrodite, Dionisus, a friendly bat, an afraid cat sitting on an afraid skull, a pipe smikong reaper, a knife that says stay sharp a crashing airplane, mermaid, shaking hands of devil/monster and human etc.

No ragrets here.

It's never too late to change! I was quite miserable at times and would've probably listed a couple things I regretted back then. Keep up your head, man!
Hugin, Munin, Mjolnir, Fenris, Jormungandr, Yggdrasil, Sleipnir, Odin, Loki, Valknut, Gungir, Solar Cross, Triple Horn, a bunch of elder futhark text and a butt load of blacked out lightning bolts.

I've had a shitty past, been through a lot of things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Died once, was a drug addict for 15 years, was physically abused as a kid...been homeless twice and a host of other things I don't feel like talking about.

I wouldn't change anything because I wouldn't be who I am today, and I worked hard to make it through all those things.

Our past creates the future or it ruins it if you let it....I created and now I'm free.
Fucking right bud.

Terrible friends helped me realize the value of good ones. Following others for so long taught me that being a leader doesn't take much other than speaking and moving first. Starting late with boxing allowed me to approach it from a more analytical perspective than just simply coming in and being a tough guy.

I think the only thing I would've changed is taking that damn call center job for a company that catered to rich materialistic assholes. Customers (clients) were ok but the punching bags I worked with hated that I was always smiling. Word got around one day that mans was first newbie to scoop up a perfect eval widda $800 bonus mans even got balloons on my desk ting was mad lit had mans feeling vital to the company's success 🔥 🤑 💰 gyaldem/boydem started buckin' widdem h8r point shells even popped one of my balloons fam 💯 🎈 🦌 🦌 🦌 Mans started ducking but few got thru fam fucked me up for a minute str8 dipped one day drove home cryin like mans saw da Notebook shit was mad weak fam never again ain't my fault your voice is all busted callin a sofa a couch like some brokeazz bucktee fam don't h8 that job aint teach me shit just keepin' it a buck they aint even pay me royalties for using my voice for training purposes 💯 🦌🗣️ 🚫💰

I guess it lowered my expectations of people in a healthy way though so it's all goodie fam I rate it 👌💯

Last edited:
I would make every opposite decision from the one I had originally made.

I would change everything, for better or worse.

First thing that came to mind was buying a condo when it was still affordable when i was 20-21

I would change nearly everything if i could.

I yelled at my imaginary hot Asian girlfriend. I felt bad knowing that I could have done a better job at controlling my emotions.

Yeah. Way things worked out I got a lot of free time to ponder stuff like that. Problem is, if I go back and change things I'll still be me so I'd just fuck something else up instead.

Last edited:
stopped multiple times via bodyshots.
ha-gay-6.gif

Joking for sure, a solid body shot literally shuts down your body.

theres some people in my past who i shouldnt have trusted.

Yeah, a bunch of stuff. I always used to answer no to this question but as I've gotten old, I've started reflecting on better decisions I could have made to make me better today.

My line of work.I would have definitely enjoyed a 9-5 type of gig with the education I have. BUT I decided to muff it all up and take the entertainment arts route. It's fun as hell. I get to meet stars and get VIP access to everything. It definitely lead down a dark and drug/booze flled kind of life style, unfortunately.

Back