Would you change anything in your past?

Would you change anything in your past?

• Total voters
Yes anyone saying no is a liar

This isn't true. I'm where I want to be doing what I want to do and any messing with the past in any way shape or form could undo it all. Why would I want to risk that ?

Maybe you think anyone who says is lying because you aren't happy where you are ,

This isn't true. I'm where I want to be doing what I want to do and any messing with the past in any way shape or form could undo it all. Why would I want to risk that ?

Maybe you think anyone who says is lying because you aren't happy where you are ,

Lying twice isn't a good look man

Is there something that happened in your past that you would change in a heartbeat?

Or would you just keep the past the past. Leave it for what it is?

I think I wouldn't be who I am now without those trials and tribulations. Those mistakes give you the opportunity to learn.

So no I wouldn't change anything.

main-qimg-365ba120a3831dd5566173fd30183bd3-lq
Starting healthier habits at a younger age would have been good.

Lying twice isn't a good look man

I didn't lie once let alone twice. The question wasn't are there things you regret or wish played out differently.

It's just that I believe fuckin around with your past is good way to absolutely fuck up your life in ways that we don't even think of. One wrong move and maybe your kids not born or you are addicted to dope or you end up dying somehow and so on. It doesn't seem wise to me.

Ya know I actually spent a ton of time thinking about the subject when I read that Stephen King book with the Kennedy assassination. Just because you think you can change something for the better doesn't mean it's all going to work out for the best and any change in the slightest might not only alter your timeline for the worse but maybe the world in general. It doesn't seem wise to me.

The prevailing thought to this question is simply that I would have started whatever I did way earlier.

You either answer this question or not at all. There is simply no point in bothering with some fucking back to the future type time travel manipulations on a literal sense.

Knowing everything I know about building a credit score now I would have a way better credit score by the time I was 22 and probably would have been on my 3rd house purchase by now. I would have cut off toxic family members at age 18 instead of dealing with them for decades then cutting them off.

practical stuff yeah....I transferred from a party school to a much tougher college after my sophomore year, went from rural to urban in the switch too. Did one semester, a semester when the college actually went on strike, hated the city, hated not having my friend group, hated it all, so I went back.......Now I wish I had stuck out those 2 years, even if they sucked because I had a plan and the city gave me opportunities to pursue it that the country school didn't have.........Short term gain of getting back to my comfortable lifestyle but probably long term mistake.

I'd also have bought a bigger first house in a slighlty better neighborhood. Plan was stay in starter house 5 years.. going on year 24

If you want to make god laugh, tell her your plans.

@Woldog what's your combat sports history? Did anyone ever knock that mustache off in the cage?

I'd also take back a lot of stupid drunken hijinx I did that I thought was funny at the time but looking at it now, I feel like I was really kind of a dick. I have a few guilty memories of being mean to people that still really bother me. For instance, I once asked a professional fighter if he ever had his mustache knocked off. Dumb shit like that.

I used to clepto little weird items at parties and stuff, nothing valuable, just shit that caught my fancy like a weird tiki glass or a small stone statue, or a sweat shirt......all shit I wish I could reimburse the people for now. hell I stole my prom suit from a church thrift store.....then paid them back about 35 years latter when I was there for a christening.........so yeah....regarts fo sho.

Cute redhead girl that worked at Costco. Everyday I miss you. Also the DUI would probably be great.

No. Not that I am proud of everything that I've done in my life, or happy with how everything turned out. But I am quite happy with where my life is right now. I have a wife and kids that I love, A home that I am happy with and career path that has gone better than I expected.

I am a firm believer that we are the sum total of our life's experiences. Change one thing and you potentially change your entire path. Sure there are certain expenditures I've made that I would not make if I had them to do over again, I would never have started smoking, shit like that. But if I change them, who know what else changes.

So no.

I have so many things I wish I could change:

I wish I never used steroids
I wish I never invested in biotech
I wish I spent more time with my childhood dog
I wish I spent more time with my dad
I wish I never ghosted the girl who loved me
I wish I told the girl I loved how I really felt
etc etc

People say they have no regrets, because it makes them the person they are today. I AM FULL OF RAGRETS (including some bad tattoos), and I don't really like the person I became.

I have so many things I wish I could change:

I wish I never used steroids
I wish I never invested in biotech
I wish I spent more time with my childhood dog
I wish I spent more time with my dad
I wish I never ghosted the girl who loved me
I wish I told the girl I loved how I really felt
etc etc

People say they have no regrets, because it makes them the person they are today. I AM FULL OF RAGRETS (including some bad tattoos), and I don't really like the person I became.
I love every single one of my shitty tattoos and I have a lot. Fingers, arms, chest, legs. Most shitty was done by some chick on a party high on mdma that looks like a washed out sort of tribal root thingy some edgy kid wouldve drawn in their gothic phase. Another one is a very shitty drawing of a Vampire Pope lying under a lovely bedsheet looking out on my upper leg.

I have Aphrodite, Dionisus, a friendly bat, an afraid cat sitting on an afraid skull, a pipe smikong reaper, a knife that says stay sharp a crashing airplane, mermaid, shaking hands of devil/monster and human etc.

No ragrets here.

It's never too late to change! I was quite miserable at times and would've probably listed a couple things I regretted back then. Keep up your head, man!

Last edited:
I've had a shitty past, been through a lot of things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Died once, was a drug addict for 15 years, was physically abused as a kid...been homeless twice and a host of other things I don't feel like talking about.

I wouldn't change anything because I wouldn't be who I am today, and I worked hard to make it through all those things.

Our past creates the future or it ruins it if you let it....I created and now I'm free.

Last edited:
Back