Would Jon Jones vs Ngannou be the biggest fight in UFC history

Nah but it would do well though, jones doesnt sell like that and neither does ngannou.

Sure we can speculate about their perspective but I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed Conor to box again if the money is right. I just think it's pointless to speculate about this whole thing, specially knowing that Dana and the UFC backtrack on so many things, like when he said that women would never fight in the UFC lol. I understand your pov about the legacy thing but I disagree with the notion that Fedor, Khabib or Francis got their legacies hurt by the unknown, some people might feel that way but I find it silly. The UFC has more depth but my whole point was that there's talent everywhere, someone like Cain didn't have a resume full of former UFC fighters or name recognition when he signed with the UFC but that clearly didn't matter, Bellator has actually signed many former UFC fighters through the years and they are merging with PFL now

I think Conor is the only guy they would let box now. And the main reason why is that it doesn't really affect his position in rankings or as a champion. They can let him box and then he can not fight all he wants, it really wont affect em as much now.

You never know what would happen if they let Francis box and if he stayed with the UFC. The UFC just made a judgement call on it, of course without any certainty.

On the topic of Cain? Cain was signed as a prospect and developed in the UFC fully, I don't think his one fight with SF has any relevance. But yes, there are many fighters signed with other promotions that talent is seen early and they develop into elite fighters. Many many fighters. Bellator is a prime example of that, I think they developed the best talent outside the UFC. PFL on other hand, I don't quite see that yet. But they've only been around like 3 years.

I would say for sure it would be the biggest fight in MMA history. The lead up would be massive.

Honestly, I think its something that could happen and benefit all parties. But it isn't the UFC MO to ever even think about it. Only way I could ever see them do this as a one off is its basically heavily branded as a UFC event and the revenue split be like 70% for the UFC and the rest to the fighters and PFL or middle east money paying a heavy fee behind the scenes to the UFC.

The UFC shills have to let it go. Ngannou has moved on to bigger and better paying things. Dana has to settle for crippled Jones vs geriatric Stipe, a vacant belt and a broken HW lineage. At least he didn’t have to pay anyone Deontay Wilder money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back