Would Joanna beat Carla and Penne if they were same size as her?

JJ made her name off beating up two girls who should be at 105. Anyone who says size advantage doesn't help hasn't trained.

She barely beat gadelha and the Lima fight was close as well. Both girls are similar in size to jj.

You think Joanna could make atomweight like Penne?

No JJ could not make atomweight because she has a lower BMI than Penne does, which is about fat vs muscle, not about size in frame/height.

Height =/= size.

He is clearly talking about her reach was it really confusing to you?

I don't know ts, her length is a big part of her game and she uses it expertly. Of course those girls would probably have to give up some strength and speed to be as tall as JJ and weight 115.

Sherdog like JJ as champ = size doesn't matter, that was all skill

Sherdog doesn't like Jones = omg he only wins cuz of his reach

He is clearly talking about her reach was it really confusing to you?

I don't know ts, her length is a big part of her game and she uses it expertly

Well then Penne had the reach advantage in their fight, so what else?

Are you guys saying Joanna`s size advantage had nothing to do with Carla failing 16 out of 17 takedown attempts and gassing because of that? Carla didnt want to strike with Joanna, you know? She is a wrestler, she wanted to take Joanna down but couldnt. Are you saying size difference had nothing to do with that? Why? Because you like Joanna more than Carla? Any other reasons?

size had nothing to do with it was jj hand speed and takedown defense how the hell did you watch that fight and say to yourself jj won because she's bigger WTF drugs are you on

JJ made her name off beating up two girls who should be at 105. Anyone who says size advantage doesn't help hasn't trained.

She barely beat gadelha and the Lima fight was close as well. Both girls are similar in size to jj.

And every pound makes more difference the smaller the weightclass is.

size had nothing to do with it was jj hand speed and takedown defense how the hell did you watch that fight and say to yourself jj won because she's bigger WTF drugs are you on

Are you saying size advantage doesnt help in wrestling/defending takedowns?

Haha so true. Like using reach is cheating when Jones does it

Are you guys saying Joanna`s size advantage had nothing to do with Carla failing 16 out of 17 takedown attempts and gassing because of that? Carla didnt want to strike with Joanna, you know? She is a wrestler, she wanted to take Joanna down but couldnt. Are you saying size difference had nothing to do with that? Why? Because you like Joanna more than Carla? Any other reasons?

1. Carla's wrestling looked terrible in that fight. She didn't set up or disguise her takedowns at all. She was smaller than Joanna, and it certainly mattered, but the skill differential had a much greater impact on the fight. Joanna is a much better fighter than Carla Esparza.

2. Carla is a small strawweight. Using her as if she were the average size of Joanna's other opponents is a bit dodgy.

Height or weight wasn't going to help Carla that night. Take a look at the destruction

Joanna%2BJedrzejczyk%2BBeats%2BUp%2BCarla%2BEsparza%2BUFC%2B185.gif

come on man....

Longer reach would have helped Carla.

Of course it works in reverse as well. If it is bullshit that Jones only wins because of his size/reach, it is likely to be bullshit when making the same claim about Joanna.

TS is the WMMA equivalent of those who claim Jones only wins due to size. Are you defending his position?

Its more of the weight on fight day Carla cuts 3-4 pounds, im not sure how much Jedi cuts and gains back on fight day...come on people tell me u didn't see a size difference with Ghadela vs Aguilar(maybe 8-15 pound advantage for Ghadela on fight day). Size does matter especially when on fight day one fighter can gain a lot more weight to benefit them.

Its not saying Jedi isnt good, its more saying if they were similar in weight and size the fights would be more competitive.

You could ask the same about Jon Jones vs all of his opponents.

There is no way to determine this unless you find a way to shrink Joanna and then give them rematches.

Justine Kish has recovered from her knee surgery and is back in training for her UFC debut. She is a flyweight dropped down to strawweight, makes a very big weight cut, and she's a Muay Thai champion (WMC). I think there is nobody who could give JJ a striker battle like Justine could. Justine is a powerful beast. Her MMA record is 4-0, with one of her wins being over Randa Markos.

988583_1121257814557002_4716805559654952389_n.jpg

Justine Kish has recovered from her knee surgery and is back in training for her UFC debut. She is a flyweight dropped down to strawweight, makes a very big weight cut, and she's a Muay Thai champion (WMC). I think there is nobody who could give JJ a striker battle like Justine could. Justine is a powerful beast.

She needs a credible win first before challenging for the belt.

If Rand doesn't fight Joanna in December, I say feed her to Kish first. Yeah they fought before but it was a decision win so let's see if either has improved. My second choice would be Calderwood, see how good her striking really is against someone who has been called overrated. I expect a lot of red in both fights.

Justine Kish has recovered from her knee surgery and is back in training for her UFC debut. She is a flyweight dropped down to strawweight, makes a very big weight cut, and she's a Muay Thai champion (WMC). I think there is nobody who could give JJ a striker battle like Justine could. Justine is a powerful beast. Her MMA record is 4-0, with one of her wins being over Randa Markos.

988583_1121257814557002_4716805559654952389_n.jpg

Yup⬆, cant wait hopefully they give her a tune up fight then maybe Jedi.

Back