Would Joanna beat Carla and Penne if they were same size as her?

Carla had a one successful but brief takedown against Joanna. Had Joanna been a little smaller/weaker or Carla little bigger/stronger who knows what would have happened? Joanna might have never gotten up there. I think we all can agree that size matters (a lot) in MMA.

size had nothing to do with that fight it was johanna stand up on you on drugs

Height or weight wasn't going to help Carla that night. Take a look at the destruction

Joanna%2BJedrzejczyk%2BBeats%2BUp%2BCarla%2BEsparza%2BUFC%2B185.gif

come on man....

this WTF size had absolutely nothing to do with this beatdown ts has not a clue what hes talking about

I'd take Carla. At her current size, she'd be a midget in the 105 lb division. Joanna isn't that great at wrestling, as shown by the Gadelha fight.

Gadleha was going full bore for take downs that entire fight and Joanna fought most of them off. She also did a great job getting back to her feet.

I think you drew the wrong conclusion. JJ has very good TDD.

I'd take Carla. At her current size, she'd be a midget in the 105 lb division. Joanna isn't that great at wrestling, as shown by the Gadelha fight.

wat.jpg

Joanna has great wrestling, but she kept getting put in the clinch against Gadhella but still managed to stuff the vast majority of Gadhella's clinch work and takedowns.

Joanna looks like a completely different fighter from then. She's very good at getting out of the clinch and circling now. gonna be a lot different fight this time

Height or weight wasn't going to help Carla that night. Take a look at the destruction

come on man....

Carla just got dismantled. She could have been the same exact height, weight and reach and JJ still would have beaten her down.

they all weigh 115 right?

Perhaps if Carla wasn't a 1 dimensional wrestler she would have made it more of a match in her fight with JJ.

come on man....

I'm not saying Carla would have won but it's silly to act as if height and weight wouldn't assist with a takedown attemp.

joanna is a twig, it'll always end with joanna completely wrecking them because she's BETTER.

height =/= size, i don't know why so many of you don't understand this yet.

carla-esparza-weigh-ins-185.jpg

How big factor do you think Joanna`s size advantage was against Esparza and Penne? Joanna is a former flyweight, while Penne came up from atomweight which would also be a better weightclass for Esparza.

There are always a lot of talk about champions size advantages over their opponents, but I havent really noticed any when it comes to Joanna. Any reason for that? I mean, when she faced a legit opponent of her size (Gadelha) she won a controversial decision. Joanna and Gadelha are bigger than almost everyone else in the division, and they also happen to be clear top2 in the division. Coincidence?

First of all you are dead wrong about JJ being larger than Penne. Penne actually has the larger frame, with broader shoulders and wider hips. The only reason that Penne was ever able to make 105 is because of her BMI, she carries more of her weight in fat, not muscle ... weight held in fat is easier to cut than muscle, and doesn't put performance in jeopardy the same way that cutting with a higher muscle to fat ratio would. Fat cells also hold more water, making the dehydration aspect of weight cutting also easier than for someone who holds more weight in muscle.

The fact is that Penne IS NOT smaller than JJ is, which is also the reason that you didn't include her staredown photo in your OP as well .. you suck at spinning TS.

Find another topic to spin in favor of your agenda driven perspective. You are not a woman, and therefore you have no basis with which to speak about our bodies, their size, and muscle to fat composition.

"size had nothing to do with that fight"

So, if hypothetically Meisha 5'6 1/2 made 115, do u believe Joanna gets back up, if taken down??

I personally think Carla let things go her head, same as Magny vs Maia and Holms vs Reneu. They went into the fight already screwed and worried too much of the opponents resume, rather than fighting their fight.

Carla should put on a better performance if her head is in the right place.

come on man....

this WTF size had absolutely nothing to do with this beatdown ts has not a clue what hes talking about

Are you guys saying Joanna`s size advantage had nothing to do with Carla failing 16 out of 17 takedown attempts and gassing because of that? Carla didnt want to strike with Joanna, you know? She is a wrestler, she wanted to take Joanna down but couldnt. Are you saying size difference had nothing to do with that? Why? Because you like Joanna more than Carla? Any other reasons?

Carla had a one successful but brief takedown against Joanna. Had Joanna been a little smaller/weaker or Carla little bigger/stronger who knows what would have happened? Joanna might have never gotten up there. I think we all can agree that size matters (a lot) in MMA.

It only starts to matter when the skill level is equal.

Are you guys saying Joanna`s size advantage had nothing to do with Carla failing 16 out of 17 takedown attempts and gassing because of that? Carla didnt want to strike with Joanna, you know? She is a wrestler, she wanted to take Joanna down but couldnt. Are you saying size difference had nothing to do with that? Why? Because you like Joanna more than Carla? Any other reasons?

no because size has nothing to so with it idiot wtf every other girl carla fought was bigger and she got them down wtf are you talking about :eek:

You are not a woman, and therefore you have no basis with which to speak about our bodies, their size, and muscle to fat composition.

This is not a good perspective. Should you be silent about any issues related to the strength or size of male fighters?

Human beings can understand one another, even those of different sexes. Women are obviously going to have more subjective experience related to female anatomy, but it isn't some sort of proprietary information that can't be knowledgeably discussed by males.

Back