Would Cain beat the competition Fedor faced in the past?

i dont think Cain has shown the explosiveness needed to beat people from early pride era.

Oh, you're one of those "prime" Fedor guys huh?

Oh let me guess. You think there's no such thing as a prime right? Kevin McBride would've beaten prime Tyson and Trevor Berbick would've beaten prime Ali right?

haha you're a joke.

Fedor lost 3 fights at the very end of his career. Fights he was winning and lost because of his own mistakes due to being rusty and complacent with his training plus getting older and slower. Meanwhile his opponents were as motivated as ever to try to take the biggest scalp of their careers and two of them were loaded up on a now banned substance.

cain would of won all of them with ease, anyone that says otherwise is clearly a delusional fedor nuthugger and hate the fact that fedor wasnt as good as they thought he was

Ya because Cain, JDS, Werdum, Aldo, Barao, Bigfoot, Jones, Gustafsson, and many of fighters/champions past and present consider him as a legend of the sport and the HW GOAT but that doesn't mean much right? What do they know? Are they Fedor nuthuggers too? Are they delusional? Jones and Gustafsson even went to Russia to meet Fedor and take a picture with him. That is real respect instead of sitting on your chair on sherdog keyboard trashing him.

Last edited:
Think he beats everyone of fedors opponents

Then why couldn't Roy do shit to him? He got knocked out instead lol. Arlovski wasn't landing shit on Fedor and Fedor was reading him. It was only a matter of time.

Werdum admitted Fedor knocked him down.
Nelson looked like a bum standing with Werdum. Fedor would've knocked him out easily in his prime.

No, Roy just murks guys that Fedor had close decision career defining fights with. Roy wins a few more fights he surpasses fedor for certain.

As long as he could adapt to the ring, Cain's cardio and pace would be devastating in a 10 minute round. I don't see many people making it out of rd 1 with Cain as he is now.

Oh let me guess. You think there's no such thing as a prime right? Kevin McBride would've beaten prime Tyson and Trevor Berbick would've beaten prime Ali right?

haha you're a joke.

Fedor lost 3 fights at the very end of his career. Fights he was winning and lost because of his own mistakes due to being rusty and complacent with his training plus getting older and slower.

i dont know if you were an mma fan around that time but no one back then was saying hes old and rusty. just about everyone felt he was going to "take over" and was just getting warmed up after he beat rodgers

him losing had nothing to do with his age

its the fact that he finally grew some cajones and took on real competition and he got smashed for it. oh well, you can keep living in your fantasy land where werdum, big foot and hendo dont exist and those losses never happened! but the rest of us live in reality and know for a fact that fedor is nothing mor9e than a typical pride overhyped mediocre fighter.

those are irrefutable indisputable facts :icon_chee

haha you're a joke.

Fedor lost 3 fights at the very end of his career. Fights he was winning and lost because of his own mistakes due to being rusty and complacent with his training plus getting older and slower. Meanwhile his opponents were as motivated as ever to try to take the biggest scalp of their careers and two of them were loaded up on a now banned substance.

No those guys wouldn't beat Tyson and Ali in their primes, Buster Douglas however smashed a prime mike Tyson, as did Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo a prime Fedor.

No those guys wouldn't beat Tyson and Ali in their primes, Buster Douglas however smashed a prime mike Tyson, as did Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo a prime Fedor.

Nope, they beat an at-the-end-of-a-long-career Fedor. Unfortunately for you Fedor never lost during his prime. Cain did.

Randleman and Cro cop would be the biggest problems

I refuse to compare the fighters of yesterday to the fighters of today, not trying to knock older fighters, but the things fighters got away with back then would get people ko'd or subbed today. dont worry in ten years we will probably say that about these guys.

Good question.

I think prime CC in a ring poses the biggest stylistic problems. To be fair however, Fedor's strategy for that fight (vs CC) was pretty much the precursor to Cain's strategy against JDS. Funny how history repeats itself...

I refuse to compare the fighters of yesterday to the fighters of today, not trying to knock older fighters, but the things fighters got away with back then would get people ko'd or subbed today. dont worry in ten years we will probably say that about these guys.

I agree but it's the fact that people tend to completely shit on every fighter from the past without knowing the history of the sport or how it was like back then. Everyone in their book is considered a can it's pathetic and like you said in ten years people will say the same shit about the fighters of today.

I agree but it's the fact that people tend to completely shit on every fighter from the past without knowing the history of the sport or how it was like back then. Everyone in their book is considered a can it's pathetic and like you said in ten years people will say the same shit about the fighters of today.

fedor was a can

half his fights were against middleweights or fighters that barely had more than 4 pro fights

he had it easy until he stepped up and came to america and he got OWNED

Nope, they beat an at-the-end-of-a-long-career Fedor. Unfortunately for you Fedor never lost during his prime. Cain did.

Fedor didn't really have a "prime" he had three solid wins and went to the US to fight Sylvia and AA (in fights they were paid substantially more than Fedor) and garnered no public interest (look at the ppv numbers). Then he beat a Sams club employee, got destroyed in his next three fights only to return to Russia to live in obscurity.

fedor was a can

half his fights were against middleweights or fighters that barely had more than 4 pro fights

Fedor was a MW himself.

fedor was a can

ya he sure was a "can" in his time. So I leave you with this.

"Fedor is the baddest mother-f_cker walking the planet."

-Joe Rogan, UFC commentator. (radio interview)

"Fedor is the best and greatest fighter and Martial Artist of all time"

-Chuck Norris, seven-time World Karate Champion and Judo and BJJ Black Belt (Sports-Express, December 2007 interview)

"Fedor is my favorite."

-BJ Penn, two-time UFC Champion. (NWFS 7/9/06)

"Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from B.J. Penn, those two are the best fighters in the world."

-Rampage Jackson, former UFC title-holder (video Sherdog interview, while preparing for rematch with Chuck Liddell)

"The best fighter in the world right now in heavyweight division is probably Fedor"

-Randy Couture, UFC Heavyweight Champion (UFC 74 postfight press conference, available on YouTube)

"Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, and I would pick him to beat Randy Couture. Randy is a great fighter, but my opinion

Fedor didn't really have a "prime" he had three solid wins and went to the US to fight Sylvia and AA (in fights they were paid substantially more than Fedor) and garnered no public interest (look at the ppv numbers). Then he beat a Sams club employee, got destroyed in his next three fights only to return to Russia to live in obscurity.

I guess that's why he's the Russian president of MMA, carries the olympic torch for his country and dines with the president a.k.a. worlds most powerful man 2014 (Forbes) lol.

Back