Would Cain beat the competition Fedor faced in the past?

No way Cain beats Semmy Schilt, Fujita, Goodridge, Nagata, Ogawa, Kosaka, Martins, Lindland, Choi, Sylvia, Rogers, Monson, Ishii, Rizzo.

Are u kidding me a old rizzo kills Cain lol Cain beats rizzo

Could Cro Cop have beaten all of the competition that GSP has faced? Serious question.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who I would've favored over Cain, but I think prime Cro Cop would've given him trouble, especially if they fought in a ring. People forget but during his peak Cro Crop was incredible at negating his opponent's wrestling and forcing them to strike with him.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who I would've favored over Cain, but I think prime Cro Cop would've given him trouble, especially if they fought in a ring. People forget but during his peak Cro Crop was incredible at negating his opponent's wrestling and forcing them to strike with him.

People don't forget that. They forget that Cro Cop absolutely hated being pressured. It's why Fedor beat him. Don't let Cro cop pick his shots. Get in his face and dictate the pace and he hates it. Cain is a nightmare for Cro Cop. He's relentless like no one else.

Before Cain exposed JDS, nobody was able to do it. They would of either got KO'd or outworked by the speed and boxing of JDS.

JDS can KO anybody including Fedor if he lands.

Of course Cain would beat competition Fedor faced. Relentless pace, Cardio, wrestling, and decent kickboxing is good for HW.

It would interesting to see how Cain would adapt to fighting in a ring with center restarts and a 10 minute first round.

I honestly think Cain would be scarier in a ring than in the octagon. In the octagon it's harder to cut off a fighter. Cain's bread and butter is his constant forward pace where he's trying to clinch you in a corner and beat the crap out of you or throw your butt on the ground and proceed to beat the crap out of you.

Imagine Cain Velasquez with access to soccer kicks and knees to the head.

I think he'd wreck prime CC btw. The reason Fedor beat Crocop was he pressured Crocop instead of letting Crocop stalk him in their fight. Cain is never the fighter that is back pedaling. He's constantly coming at you. Cain in a ring would just make it even easier to cut off a fighter into a corner and do what he does best.

Cain vs Fedor would be interesting. Both forward pressure fighters. Both with a high instinct to finish you once they got you rocked or in a bad spot. Both with endless cardio in their primes. It would be interesting to see which one had to back pedal first or which one crumbled against the other's pressure ultimately.

Fedor was clearly the best of his era. Had Fedor been 21 in 2006 and come up in the sport later maybe he competes with the best today.

But that doesn't mean we just create a fiction where his prime is somehow better than the best today.

Worth mentioning that I don't think MMA would be where it is today without Fedor.

Many fighters look upt to him and learned a great deal from how he fought.

Had the current crop not had that advantage they would be different fighters.

Last edited:
He's fought the same two guys since 2010. Any fight someone can get knocked out/submitted and Fedor went 10 years without losing. Randleman, Cro-cop, Nog, Arlovski (in 09 of course) are all interesting, but the thing is it's in a ring and he can't do his cage thing in the ring.

He's fought the same two guys since 2010. Any fight someone can get knocked out/submitted and Fedor went 10 years without losing. Randleman, Cro-cop, Nog, Arlovski (in 09 of course) are all interesting, but the thing is it's in a ring and he can't do his cage thing in the ring.

Wow. Randleman was a middle of the road 205er, that would be like Cain fighting Bader even though bader is much more well rounded, more skilled, and more proven than Randleman.

Wow. Randleman was a middle of the road 205er, that would be like Cain fighting Bader even though bader is much more well rounded, more skilled, and more proven than Randleman.

He was still a gritty fast wrestler with fast hands. If he showed up like he did vs Cro Cop it would be interesting. Obviously he fell apart and his record shows that but he wasn't an easy chump in Pride. Bader and Randleman aren't alike

He'd be a favorite against all of them. But it's hard to go for that long without messing up and losing. Really hard.

Comparing Fedors era to now is like trying to compare Royce's to Fedors...

Fighters get better.

Comparing Fedors era to now is like trying to compare Royce's to Fedors...

Fighters get better.

Not really.. Can't see much of that at heavyweight. Only Cain and DC are arguable, but DC is an Olympian in the first place. JDS is one dimensional. Travis Browne?? Isn't half the top ten from Fedor's era?

Back