Would Cain beat the competition Fedor faced in the past?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Title says it all. Not too sure about big Nog though. I think he would have wrecked cro cop in a more dominant fashion

We'll never know. Pride Era Crocop was a killer.

I think he would have beaten everyone except Cro Cop. That fight would have probably been 50/50. A fight against prime Nog would have been hard for him as well. I think it's certainly possible he would have beaten all of them, but those 2 along with Fedor could have beaten him as well.

Who knows it was different Era but I do know this thread will turn into shit real soon. It's going to turn into bashers discrediting Fedors career and his opponents.

Would Fedor beat JDS? No way.

I think he would have. He was a versatile striker in his prime with an excellent clinch and submission game. It would have been dangerous for him with JDS' power and boxing, but I think he would have succeeded in taking JDS out of his game like Cain did, but in a different fashion.

I think he beats them all including Fedor (I'm a fedor fan but it's what I think)

Not sure if Cain survives Nog's guard the way Fedor did, but he could beat him up if he kept the fight standing for sure.

Cro Cop... ehhhh... guy's TDD was pretty much unstoppable even though he fought in an era where guys didn't set up shots as well. But if he saw you coming, you weren't taking him down.

Cain would have a better chance of beating him though for obvious reasons (lack of scary octopus death guard).
Actually, Fedor had better kicks, takedowns and defense than JDS.

Not that JDS can't knock out pretty much anybody, but Fedor was so much more well-rounded than JDS is today that it would be Fedor's fight to lose for sure.

I'd favor Cain in a cage, as it gives him extra tools.

However, it's a tough call. Prime CC looked nothing like the CC JDS fought. The Crocop in 06 would give Cain a run for his money. Nogueria is the same thing, but I'd still logically take Cain in both those fight, but crocop would have a good chance of landing in the ring, he could use the ring tricks (boxers/kickboxers know what I'm talking about)

lol is this a joke OP? Hell yeah he would of destroyed them all......

I think he would have trouble against guys like Nog, CC and possibly AA.

Prime Fedor would take him down and submit him in my opinion.
I like your sig and av. :icon_chee

Cain's never had to defend Judo in the octagon before, that's for damn sure. Cro Cop actually defended Fedor's judo pretty well, and even he got socked every time Fedor left the clinch.

Such a brilliant fighter.

Fedor takes JDS. Fedor is just a bad style matchup for him, especially the 2004 Fedor where he was a grappling based fighter.

Cain/Fedor could go either way. Fedor lands one good shot then pounces or Cain smothers him running his cardio down

I like your sig and av. :icon_chee

Cain's never had to defend Judo in the octagon before, that's for damn sure. Cro Cop actually defended Fedor's judo pretty well, and even he got socked every time Fedor left the clinch.

Such a brilliant fighter.

Hey welcome back lol. I heard you got banned what did you do?

Actually I think Fedor matches up with JDS very well indeed, he'd likely have been able to pressure him with aggressive forward movement in a very similar way to Cain in the 2nd and 3rd fights.

Fedor/Cain for me is the much harder what if fight to predict since I still think in some respects Cain isn't THAT tested. Most obviously we've never seen Cain take down and attack a guy with a high level sub game which could be key vs Fedor.

Cain/Crocop for me is a harder match for the former than Cain/JDS simply because Mirko wasn't nearly as vulnerable to being chased down in his pomp. When Cain pushed forward under Jnr's big bombs he didn't really have much else to worry about, against Mirko he would be walking straight into the left straigjt and the bodykick that did for so many people who tried to pressure Crocop.

Its true for all MMA division but especially at HW going undefeated is also more than being better than your opponents on paper. In a sport as open as MMA and with guys this big and powerful one moment of inspiration or a single mistake can put even the best fighter in trouble against opponents who look beneath them(Fedor vs Fujita and Randleman for example). Staying undefeated for along time at HW is as much about dealing with these moment as outclassing everyone.

Last edited:
Cain/Fedor could go either way. Fedor lands one good shot then pounces or Cain smothers him running his cardio down

I think Fedor is pretty much the prototype fighter to beat Cain. He had much more power and his clinch game, gnp and submission game were great. As soon as Cain cut the distance he'd tie up but he would not be able to smother Fedor like he does everyone else.

It would be a real treat to see that fight and see who would win that clinch and grappling battle. The cardio edge of Cain can't be dismissed, though.

Back