Woodley's vs. GSP's best wins and common opponents

Name one guy Woodley beat as good as GSP?

I should make it fair.... Name a guy woodley beat that is nearly as good as GSP. lol. I await silly responses like Robbie Lawler or Wonderboy.

It's not just about "which opponents were better", because we will never be able to answer that conclusively. What we can answer is "whose opponents were at the top of the game". Who faced more no: 1 contenders? What was the win/loss ratio of each fighter's opponents? How many opponents were/or will be UFC HOF'amers or legit legends?

Of course the bottom line, when comparing these two particular fighters, is who would win if hey fought tomorrow?

I've always liked Tyron but my money would be on GSP.

Out of all of woodly's past opponents who is better than gsp?

I think Hendricks from back then would of given Woodley a tough challenge.
Hendricks was too easily hit. He jumped in with that knee to the midsection too often and too unprotected. If Woodley lands, game over.

Oh and I forgot that was pre usada. Still gets ktfo.
[smull1]

Maybe prime Hendricks (Pre USADA lol)

Other than that, None

GSP could stil win a fight vs Woodley tho. we will never know :(

Today's Tyron Woodley annihilates any prime GSP opponent and probably finishes GSP by KO.

Today's Woodley arguably lost or lost half of his last 8 fights. Woodley is not a dominant champ at all

The game has evolved, but I wouldn’t be surprised if prime GSP could decision Woodley. WW is weak right now with only a few people looking like they’re operating at the highest level. Those that are Woodley has either destroyed convincingly or shown to be superior by a noticeable margin.
But it’s not obvious to me that GSP is better or worse than Woodley.

Since the game has clearly evolved, I’m not sure more than 1 or 2 people GSP has fought could still do well. Hendricks was a scary dude there for awhile. Fitch and Shields both did whatever they wanted to do to strikers most of the time, despite their own limited stand up.

The game has evolved, but I wouldn’t be surprised if prime GSP could decision Woodley. WW is weak right now with only a few people looking like they’re operating at the highest level. Those that are Woodley has either destroyed convincingly or shown to be superior by a noticeable margin.
But it’s not obvious to me that GSP is better or worse than Woodley.

Since the game has clearly evolved, I’m not sure more than 1 or 2 people GSP has fought could still do well. Hendricks was a scary dude there for awhile. Fitch and Shields both did whatever they wanted to do to strikers most of the time, despite their own limited stand up.

Its been like 8 years, not 50. Hell guys from GSPs era were still contenders and champs at WW not that long ago

Personally right now, I think Ping would would beat woodley.
Looking back at competition, I would say that Shields, Fitch, Hendricks, Condit, Alves, and Nick Diaz could all conceivably get the job done.

I look at Woodleys record and he has a few respectable names but I am also looking down the pipe at what he will be facing and I find non of those guys nearly as impressive. Alves was a scary mofo when he challenged for the belt, so was fitch, they all were at the top of their careers at the time.

Why are we worried about this again?
The guy lost to Jake and Rory, in between he beat Koscheck and I don't count the Condit fight because that was a goofy situation. Since losing to rory he beat Dong, Kelvin and Lawler which is cool but not some crazy shit.
He defends the belt with three decisions, one a draw, one a majority and then a ud. At this point, everyone including his own boss were wanting to run him out of town.
Now GSP is back on the scene and Woodley hits one brabo for a finish and suddenly he is a goat. Wtf are you people smoking?
It is very clear that we have GSP haters and Conor protectors working their tiny little bags off trying to shit on GSP as much as they can by pretending that they are Woodley fans and this is the legit fight to make.

I like Woodley, he is a dangerous guy. I can even nearly tolerate all his weird sjw bullshit because he can be very good when he is actually fighting to win.
Hell he may even give GSP a good fight. Lets not blow shit way out of proportion. He has made 4 defences so far, lets wait and see how some more of his fights turn out before we label him as a destructive farm animal.

In your honest opinion?

So Bisping, Hendricks, Diaz, Fitch, Shields Hughes etc?

GSP is the GOAT, and I was to see him fight Woodley not Conor or Khabib.

I say this as a GSP fan.

Difficult to say, times have changed. Nearly impossible to compare fighters with almost a decade difference.....

Same as why you actually can't compare pele or maradonna to ronaldo or messi other than they were better than others at the time they competed....

Directly comparing? Probably none

Taking the fact that it was almost a decade ago into consideration? Alves, Fitch, BJ, Hughes, Shields

None.. And todays woodly cleans them out twice...
Good luck gsp fan that match only happens in your dreams.

Gsp fights were horribly boring he never finished 85-95 percent of his fights and hes terrified of gsp.

None.. And todays woodly cleans them out twice...
Good luck gsp fan that match only happens in your dreams.

Gsp fights were horribly boring he never finished 85-95 percent of his fights and hes terrified of gsp.[/QUO hes terrified of woodley i mean

Ah, well you say he is terrified so it must be true cbum.

Hey guys, it's over. No need to debate anymore, cbum say's GSP is scared of Woodley. We can all log out now.

Back