Woodley's vs. GSP's best wins and common opponents

Bumping this, since recently there are some discussions about how Woodley would do against GSP's opponents.

Clearly you haven't seen any of sherks fights

The guy was tiny , same height as Frankie just more heavily muscled

5'6" is actually short for thst weight class

L06rFi2.jpg

He was same weight as GSP when they fought 183 pounds.

Prime Shields and Fitch would both give him fits. I dont understand the woodley hype personally, yall understand in his past 13 fights he is 9-3-1, and of those 9 wins he had two questionable decision wins. He could concievably be 7-5-1 in his past 13. He's nowhere near as dominate as GSP was. None of Woodleys opponents would beat GSP btw.

Woodley's timing is, unfortunately, perfect. He'd get Marquardt'd by Kos and Hendricks.

Maybe Shields by holding him, the rest I very much doubt.

Lol @ people who compare Woodley to Josh Koscheck. I've seen this a few times now and it's laughable.

We can start with Woodleys defensive boxing, speed and leg kicks for starters.
Start with cage IQ. Woodley plans and executes way, way better than Kos. His physical tools make that possible, of course.

Prime Hendricks, Hughes and Shields are at least comparable to Woodley. He’s an excellent fighter, so were they. I don’t think Fitch, Penn, Alves, Diaz etc. are at that level.

I don’t want GSP to derail TWood’s reign to just relinquish the belt.

Tyron is the best WW not named GSP.

Hah, kinda funny.

Personally I don’t think Penn (too small) or Fitch were at Woodley’s level at WW. He’s really good. The other three are for sure.

If it wasn't for GSP I think Fitch would have had a very long tittle reign.

I would say Shields, Condit, and arguably Fitch. Bisping wouldn't be an easy fight for Woodley either.

He was same weight as GSP when they fought 183 pounds.

He isn't a natural WW by today's standards... USADA. There is a reason why WW now adays are not 5' 6" and weigh 183lbs.

And Sherk failed PED test during the pre-USADA era.

If it wasn't for GSP I think Fitch would have had a very long tittle reign.
Really?

Fitch had a terrific streak, but it wasn’t choc full of top notch fighters. The UFC kept him away from contenders becase they didn’t want him to smother them. That, unfortunately, meant he couldn’t ever prove just how good he was. Sanchez, Pierce and Alves x 2 were good wins for sure.

I could certainly see prime GSP jabbing current Woodley to death. I could also see Woodley landing a big hook. If Serra could do it I'm sure Woodley could. GSP didn't exactly fight against a lot of guys with KO power. Very few actually. I think the wrestling would cancel out and it would be a striking affair. GSP's volume vs T-Wood's power.

Is that a serious question? Prime Fitch, prime Alvez, prime Shields FOR SURE (the fucking guy beat DAN HENDERSON...). Prime Koscheck is == to Woodley, they are basically the same fighter. Prime Johnny Hendricks is a slightly better version of current Woodley.

Woodley is benefiting from a weak 170 pound division. You'll see.

What?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back