Woodley got a amazing KO. Why are a certain group of people so salty?

Not sure people are salty. But I think many are having a hard time embracing Woodley as the WW champ for 2 main reasons... Firstly, they don't see him as one of the best 170lb fighter in the world, and second, he took about 20 mins to make it abundantly clear he has absolutely no intention of defending his belt against a fighter who is widely regarded as one of the 3 best WW's in the world, and the most deserving of a title shot.

Congrats to Woodley, I think it was a wonderful shot he landed... and I wish him the best... but I suspect there is going to be a lot of issues getting him in the ring with certain fighters.

BTW.. full disclosure.. For the record, Woodley is a great success story, and while I think he is definitely a top WW.. I suspect he is going to be in over his head against 3 or 4 fighters.. perhaps I am wrong.. what worries me is that instead of seeing those match-ups, we are going to see the most second coming of a Riddick Bowe title reign.. bring on Jesse Ferguson..

Because people love Lawler and Woodley has been in some stinkers recently whereas Robbie's put on nothing but back to back entertaining performances since returning to the UFC

Lawler was easily my favourite champion, and I have never been much of a Woodley supporter, but I think most fans can appreciate a quality knockout. The "hate" against Tyron is being dramatically overstated.

Salty is the new hater or nutthugger. The lack any creativity here drives simple people to over use these more often than not incorrectly. These phrases in and of themselves are fine as accoutrements, not he main course. If you're going to start shit and troll at least put a little thought and effort into it please.

Shutup.
Just not saying he is the GOAT doesnt = salty

Is anyone actually salty? I haven't seen it. I'm a huge Lawler fan but he got clipped. That can happen when you fight a beast like Woodley. I think Lawler wins that fight 6-7 times out of ten, but all that matters is the one time they actually fight, and he got fucked up. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't see a lot of hate for him, but you're probably used to playing the victim and imagining people are against you when they have no regard for you either way. Having said that, I think Lawler lost the fight more than Woodley won it. Lawler has wars with everybody then goes out with one punch? he fought stupid. He had no offense, so he never came forward, yet he never went backwards either. He just stood there waiting on Tyron.

Never gonna end bro. I got told I was a racist yesterday on here for posting a picture of Simeon Panda, one of my biggest inspirations.

This place has gone downhill so fast.

it's gotten to the point that we can't even discuss black fighters. i posted a thread yesterday praising the greatest fighter's of color, and that was even completely removed from the site.

Look, there will always be racism towards Woodley being a black dude regardless if he's a great person and champion. However, since he is the champ there will be hate towards him warranted or unwarranted. Comes with he/she who wears the crown. But I haven't seen too much 'salt' towards him unless it was from Lawler fans.

Woodley seems like a pretty stand up dude and I'm happy he got a win against a dangerous opponent after such a long layoff. No salt here.

1. there were a lot of threads implying Robbie was shot. Here's one I saw and posted in sometime after the fight. http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/do-mma-fighters-have-glass-chins-or-its-just-bad-defense.3304059/ despite the complaining about quick KOs in boxing versus MMA (a stupid argument anyway), the barely hidden subtext of the thread is "Waah, Robbie got knocked out by Tyron. Waah!!" Not a lot of people seemed to care all that much that Lawler was the champ, but they seemed to care more about the fact that Tyron was the one who beat him.

2. People viewed Tyron's title shot as undeserved (2 wins and a loss), but you could say the same thing about Condit's (1 win, and a loss to Woodley before that). When Tyron's fight with Lawler was announced in May, Thompson had already been scheduled to fight Rory.

3. So he goes after a big money fight in the post-ppv press conference. What else is new? Bisping chose Dan Henderson. How many people from how many different weight classes were calling out Conor after Aldo? The UFC will be the one who chooses who Tyron fights, and more than likely, it will be Thompson. Given the way he lost the Condit fight, Thompson is kind of a nightmare match-up for Woodley, so I'm not too surprised he's trying to hold onto the belt. If he does end up fighting Diaz, that's on the UFC.

Champs shouldn't call out people, they should take on contenders.

Nothing but why does doing something wrong in the past mean we have to keep doing it?
I agree but nobody complained about condit getting a shot and all you hear is ppl complaining about woodley getting a shot. Woodley was promised a title shot after hendricks missed weight and he got it and won the strap, dont see why everyone is so salty and bitter about it.

I would hardly consider a fight with Georges St. Pierre ducking.

In any case, we should wait he has a fight scheduled before we start chasing our tails with ducking claims.
I would. Gsp hasn't fought in 3 years. Wonderboy is ready right now. If tyron doesn't fight wonderboy next he should just retire & withdraw from the public eye forever.

I don't know about racism, but let's be real: if it were some blonde hair blue eyed dude who blitzed Lawler like that Sherdog would be a whole lot more celebratory. He'd be hailed as some viking god that hits with the force of Thor's hammer.

I agree but nobody complained about condit getting a shot and all you hear is ppl complaining about woodley getting a shot. Woodley was promised a title shot after hendricks missed weight and he got it and won the strap, dont see why everyone is so salty and bitter about it.
I think the main reason people are salty & bitter is bc he won the belt & immediately called out a guy who hasn't won in 5 years & another who hasn't fought in 3.

I don't know about racism, but let's be real: if it were some blonde hair blue eyed dude who blitzed Lawler like that Sherdog would be a whole lot more celebratory. He'd be hailed as some viking god that hits with the force of Thor's hammer.
Bullshit. Maybe if the guy was Russian or European. If it had been a white American sherdog would have been shut down from all the bitching.

Because he won the title and then called out somebody who hasn't won a fight in 5 years.

Back