Woodley got a amazing KO. Why are a certain group of people so salty?

Well, Woodley does a great job at knocking out fan favourite Lawler, but he also does a great job at acting like an idiot and is constantly whining about something. I'm not a fan of Lawler and I was looking forward to a new champ though I was rooting for him to KO Woodley. Woodley had not worked his way up to get a title shot and it pisses me off that Wonderboy, who crushed the former champ, was not first in line. Woodley is usually in exciting fights though so at least we still have good WW title fights to look forward to.

If youre suggesting white people are mad(Certain groups comment)...well...theyre going to have to deal with that shit...however, i dont think thats the case because look at how many fans jon jones has. And im damn sure all of em arent black.

This aint a race thing.

Jones has fought white guys before...but not many come think of it.

Regardless, i like both guys but alot of guys were partial to robbie. And yea, the closet racist are having suicidal thoughts now so its showing here but id like to believe they are in the minority.

johny-hendricks-tyron-woodley-2005-big-12-tournament.jpg

Nfl Genetics and leader for the black nation is what drives The Chosen One

Lol @ you proving his point

How? I'm stating facts. He sat out waiting for an undeserved title-shot and then ducked Wonderboy to his face on live TV. Anyway, I can't find any of those hate threads that TS is talking about.

Last edited:
He sat out, then avoided the #1 contender.

It's not hard to figure out why nobody is jazzed about this guy.

It's pretty obvious sherdog hates black people, no black champion gets any respect around here, not even a dominant one like MM.

Pretty much this, black fighters can have a small following or be liked as a contender, but the second they win a title it's all over, the hate pours in and mma fans turn on him. It's literally happened to every single black champion that's ever held a belt in MMA. MMA fans can't stomach a black champion when there are perfectly good white fighters who they feel deserve that spot. They will make every excuse in the book as to why they hate but will never admit the truth. Again we've seen this time and time again, remember when Jones beat Shogun, fans turned on him immediately and never let up until they got him out the sport. This is just the reality of the sport and it's majority fans.

No he would not. He would get the Jones,Rampage and Rashad hate no matter what.
Whoa, what? Jones came back to huge fan support this year after doing all that shitty stuff he did, only to do more shitty stuff. People dislike Jones right now because he seems like a genuine piece of shit. I was so psyched for his return but any hate he gets now is totally justified. He will still get a ton of support if/when he comes back.

Rampage gets hate because he is an absolutely whiner. He used to be a huge fan favorite until he dedicated all his mic time and interviews to whining about everything. When Rampage isn't whining, he's a cool dude.

Didn't think Rashad was hated aside from Shad face. I think there was a lot of sympathy when he lost to Glover. He also does very good analytic/commentary work.

None of those guys are hated because they're black, but rather because of unpleasant personality traits. Shad was annoying af at times during his tuf days.

I liked Woodley until the obvious ducking...

He wants nick diaz now???

Pretty much this, black fighters can have a small following or be liked as a contender, but the second they win a title it's all over, the hate pours in and mma fans turn on him. It's literally happened to every single black champion that's ever held a belt in MMA. MMA fans can't stomach a black champion when there are perfectly good white fighters who they feel deserve that spot. They will make every excuse in the book as to why they hate but will never admit the truth. Again we've seen this time and time again, remember when Jones beat Shogun, fans turned on him immediately and never let up until they got him out the sport. This is just the reality of the sport and it's majority fans.
This is retarded. No one was ready to see Shogun lose like that. It was a brutal beatdown and domination of an MMA legend. Seeing greats like that come to an end is not pleasant for anyone. Just like when Frankie smashed Penn for the third time. Has nothing to do with race, but rather not being prepared to seeing a legend fall. The attitude from the victor afterward helps as well. For example, Edgar was apoologetic for whooping Penn.

Also, Shogun wasn't white. And isn't Lawler half black? I honestly don't know his background. People want Wonderboy to fight for the title not because he's white, but because he deserved it by utterly destroying Hendricks and shutting down Rory.

I just cant understand why. Woodley is a class act and got an amazing KO yet there is so much salt. I wonder why, for the life of me cant understand why Sherdog is in tears.
He won by amazing KO, but the very first thing he did was duck the number one contender and say he deserves easy fights now that he has the belt. That's punk shit, no matter what your subtle inferences may suggest about the people who are shitting on him. This after he publicly complains the company doesn't do enough to make him a star, when they gave him a TV analyst job. Good fighter? Yeah. Class act? Heh. Compared to whom?

are u implying Racism ??
Of course he is. Ever since Woodley won the belt, the race-baiters have been out in force. They claim anyone turned off by Tyron's attitude has ulterior motives for saying so. Fuck those weak-minded victim-fetishists.

People are frustrated that the guy who just won the belt from a gift title shot refuses to defend against the guy who actually deserved the title shot and who most people expect to win it easily.
Can't fault the win, he should defend the belt against the number 1 guy though.

Back