Women need to man up.

I'm with the feminism is fine until shit starts getting ridiculous camp.

Its simple.

Feminism is about the infantilization of women.

No responsibility, no bad things, no consequences.

In other words, Females = children.

But it does emphasize the point that Feminism isn't about equality; it's about power. Many college students are taught that Feminism is simply the economic and social equality of the sexes, but it's far more than that. It's about historical power dynamics and the belief in reversing those. Which is problematic because power comes with responsibilities that Feminism largely ignores.
I think this is one of the main reasons many people aren't fans of feminism anymore.
If you are really serious about standing in solidarity with the feminist cause, you should urinate sitting down.
Fuck you man, I pee sitting down sometimes and I ain't no feminist. Sometimes I like to relax when I take a leak or ruminate or whatever...

I think both genders really should just shut up about the whole topic.

Its simple.

Feminism is about the infantilization of women.

No responsibility, no bad things, no consequences.

In other words, Females = children.

You have it right. Modern Feminism basically breaks down to "Having a Vagina means I'll do whatever I want, when I want, and I shouldn't have to take responsibility, or suffer from the consequences for my actions. If I accidentally get pregnant, I'll kill the fetus. If I get too drunk and regret sleeping with a guy, I'll cry rape. If I don't get the job or get fired due to incompetence, I'll cry sexism. If I don't get my way, I'll scream misogyny....Girl Just Want to Have Fun."

I now block anyone who posts stupid shit on my feeds and I tell them to fuck off if they talk feminist shit at me, I feel a lot calmer about the whole thing.

I recommend it.

The feminist movement is going nowhere because we are finding out most women don't actually want to be treated like men. What they wanted was to have the same opportunities men do, which we have made a huge amount of progress on. But you can't force women to go into STEM. You cant force them to be risk takers with their careers. You can't force them to not have babies. And you can't force them to take the initiative when it comes to dating and relationships. These inequalities exist because women are comfortable with it.

The new feminist movement that I am seeing online is all about victimhood and crapping on other people's actions over Twitter, rather than working torwards anything related to gender equality. It needs a real purpose and a real agenda. My advice? Start giving a shit about the women in other countries who have to deal with real oppression. Imo white, middle class, liberal arts major feminists on Twitter are some of the most privileged people in the country. Its ironic they bring up that term.

The feminist movement is going nowhere because we are finding out most women don't actually want to be treated like men. What they wanted was to have the same opportunities men do, which we have made a huge amount of progress on. But you can't force women to go into STEM. You cant force them to be risk takers with their careers. You can't force them to not have babies. And you can't force them to take the initiative when it comes to dating and relationships.

The new feminist movement that I am seeing online is all about victimhood and crapping on other people's actions over Twitter, rather than working torwards anything related to gender equality. It needs a real purpose and a real agenda. My advice? Start giving a shit about the women in other countries who have to deal with real oppression. Imo white, middle class, liberal arts major feminists on Twitter are some of the most privileged people in the country. Its ironic they bring up that term.

Dear you,

Dead on. Just want to point out that not all feminists are the internet victim kind. But it certainly is the brand we see and hear most often. Waaaah a man sat too close to me on the train...Meanwhile in another country, women are stoned to death for falling in love.

Dear you,

Dead on. Just want to point out that not all feminists are the internet victim kind. But it certainly is the brand we see and hear most often. Waaaah a man sat too close to me on the train...Meanwhile in another country, women are stoned to death for falling in love.

Seriously, the whole 'manspreading' type of feminists are the loudest ones and therefore the few we hear about, which is why anyone with half a brain thinks the whole movement is a joke when it's not necessarily the case.

Dear you,

There are real feminists out there. My mother is one. But they are generally older and not on Twitter.

The feminist movement is going nowhere because we are finding out most women don't actually want to be treated like men. What they wanted was to have the same opportunities men do, which we have made a huge amount of progress on. But you can't force women to go into STEM. You cant force them to be risk takers with their careers. You can't force them to not have babies. And you can't force them to take the initiative when it comes to dating and relationships. These inequalities exist because women are comfortable with it.

feminists think that feminism will solve all their personal problems. and blame all of their own and the worlds problems on the patriarchy, sort of how conspiracy folk blame all the world problems on the illuminate or new world order(basically blaming everything on an invisible made up force).

oh, you're fat? smash the patriarchy and get rid of societies beauty standards then people will find your obesity sexy.
oh, you're known as a slut? smash the patriarchy and all of a sudden guys will want a mega slut as his girlfriend/wife.
oh, you went to college and got a useless degree and now get paid less than someone with a legit degree? smash the patriarchy and all of a sudden your liberal arts degree will be worth millions...and so on

none of those problems are ever caused by the individuals poor decision making, it's all because of the patriarchy.

While it's easy to brush it off as 'all the bad feminists are just online loudmouth', it's not all of it. Right here, at the University a mile from where I live, I suspect feminists to have a very strong hold on things.

A couple of years ago they shut down a men's issues group as a 'hate group' and illegally disturbed or otherwise flat out prevented presenters from doing speeches on men's issues. I believe it only toned down after their behavior got so ridiculous that they even lost mainstream media's support.

The latest stint is their hokey team. Last winter there was an incident with a couple of players while the team was out of town. 2 guys were charged and eventually convicted with sexual assault. Good, 2 felons receiving punishment.

The questions starts when the coach was fired for not immediately contacting the school. Then the entire team got suspended for the rest of the season. Then the suspension got extended to the next season (current). Now we learned that they will not have a team for next year either!

This whole thing absolutely stinks of rotten politics. No one understands and the president is giving bogus excuses for these ridiculous decisions. They are apparently waiting on a report from the "Task Force on Respect and Equality" (my eyes nearly rolled out of their sockets), does that sound familiar to you? The entire team was treated as rapists since then, banned from activities and banquets (yes, we are talking about innocent students) and some players have started a class action of 6 million dollars for this.

If you care to read:
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/u-of-o-extends-hockey-suspension
http://globalnews.ca/news/1243579/uottawa-hockey-player-speaks-out-against-team-suspension/

Wanna know why I'm not a feminist? This is why. Way too close to home and far more real then internet blogs.

I think it's pretty spot on.

There was a time period where feminism was about empowering women, and telling them that if they work hard, they can do everything a man can do. The goal was to make it easier for future generations of women to be seen as equals to men.

Now? Feminism is about creating a culture of fear and hatred towards men. Women are told that all men are rapists. They spread nonsense statistics and fabricate bullshit that brainwashes women into thinking they're victims for such heinous crimes as "catcalling" and "dress codes".

There is a legitimate culture of women who feel as though they are abused and victimized by "microaggressions". There is a legitimate culture of women would rather make men out to be the devil than to raise themselves up.

Feminism used to be about empowering women. Now it's about asking the government to chop off the legs of men to make things equal. It's about being offended at such minor bullshit.

Then they turn around and blame "the patriarchy". The Patriarchy, of course, being an umbrella that covers all things that these women are offended about. A way to blame every little personal issue on MEN instead of taking responsibility for themselves.

[Side note: This rant is about feminism in America and most of western culture, where feminism is not needed. I think that feminism is absolutely valid in places that could actually be described as Patriarchal societies.]

my god this

Back