Wlad Klitschko/Jennings 4/25 at MSG

For some reason I thought Jennings was bigger than that. His style isn't the best for the height disadvantage, despite his each not being as much of one. But the leverage Wlad will be getting, will make his shots seem better.

klitschkojennings2.jpg

klitschkojennings4.jpg

klitschkojennings6.jpg

Courtesy of Fighthype.

Jennings looks a little like Cutty from the Wire.

Will be flying in from Europa for this fight. Was aiming for Mayweather-Pacman but that just won't happen. And if it does a week later, we'll still see because then we're at least already on the right continent. :icon_chee

I imagine it'll be a decent atmosphere. It's not right in Jennings' backyard but it is just a drive away from it. I'd be expecting him to bring some vocal supporters. If any Ukrainian-Americans also come out to support Wlad it could be a memorable atmosphere.

I imagine it'll be a decent atmosphere. It's not right in Jennings' backyard but it is just a drive away from it. I'd be expecting him to bring some vocal supporters. If any Ukrainian-Americans also come out to support Wlad it could be a memorable atmosphere.
Incidentally, I have been to Wlad's last three fights (all in Germany). His supporters seem to be pretty calm, though not boring. His last fight agaist Pulev had a great and wild atmosphere mostly because of the Bulgarian supporters that live in Germany, which were batshit crazy. I doubt if this can come close, but I'm certainly looking forward to my first boxing visit on US soil.

What do we know about Jennings? Does he have anything for Klitchko?

Does he know how to slip a jab?

Incidentally, I have been to Wlad's last three fights (all in Germany). His supporters seem to be pretty calm, though not boring. His last fight agaist Pulev had a great and wild atmosphere mostly because of the Bulgarian supporters that live in Germany, which were batshit crazy. I doubt if this can come close, but I'm certainly looking forward to my first boxing visit on US soil.

Yeah, Germans are unfairly stereotyped but their boxing audiences sometimes seem more reserved. I think it speaks to how much of a difference it makes when the opponent has a fan base of their own. Vitali/Adamek in Poland and Wlad/Haye had good atmospheres on the night.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, even without the Bulgarians.

Don't let America down.

What do we know about Jennings? Does he have anything for Klitchko?

Does he know how to slip a jab?

Jennings is an excellent combination puncher. Not a lot of power, solid skills.

So, pretty much nothing. He started boxing about 7 or 8 years ago, so his skills are a bit raw to challenge the number one guy, but he's as ready as he can get.

Wlad always looked like an everyday normal guy besides his height, but now that his hair is graying its even funnier that he is the HW boxing world champion. If you saw him on the street you would think he is an accountant who has never fought a day in his life.

Wlad looking old lol.

Wlad will lose 3 points for nonstop holding, and win by KO. American fans will disown HW boxing for another decade.

Wlad always looked like an everyday normal guy besides his height, but now that his hair is graying its even funnier that he is the HW boxing world champion. If you saw him on the street you would think he is an accountant who has never fought a day in his life.

Of perhaps a doctor.... :wink:

Wlad will lose 3 points for nonstop holding, and win by KO. American fans will disown HW boxing for another decade.

Bomb squaddddddddddddddddddddd

Wilder Da God

Klitschko will win easily, but people are really downplaying Jennings abilities. For me he's the best American HW by far at the moment, followed by Thompson and then probably Wilder. He started boxing only 6 years ago(at 24 years old), has very little amateur experience, so he's kind of a prodigy of you think about it. Bums don't beat Mike Perez, and his wins of Szpilka and Fedosov aren't too shabby either.

Has anyone noticed that Jennings has focused on turning over his punches as of late and how he has loosened up his shoulders? I looked through some of his training footage and I can see a marketed difference from a few years ago.

He appears to be purposing to land his shots correctly, finally. He used to look like he was training himself to slap, that is gone. He also looks like he has learned to to relax his shoulders a bit. The guy is making some real progress, a testament to his work ethic.

I have been plenty hard on Bryant over the years but I like what I am seeing now. I wish his team had waited a year or so more to make this step. I suspect He will do better than most expect from a guy carrying such an experience deficit into the ring with The Champ.

Depending on where Wlad is at his age, this could be a real good scrap.

Klitschko will win easily, but people are really downplaying Jennings abilities. For me he's the best American HW by far at the moment, followed by Thompson and then probably Wilder. He started boxing only 6 years ago(at 24 years old), has very little amateur experience, so he's kind of a prodigy of you think about it. Bums don't beat Mike Perez, and his wins of Szpilka and Fedosov aren't too shabby either.

The rate at which Jennings has improved is impressive. He can also fight a bit on the inside which is far more than you can say for most of Wlad's recent opposition. I don't see this as an easier fight for Wlad than Pulev, honestly (Pulev might be a better fighter than Jennings, but he matched up just about as poorly as you possibly could with Wlad). Still, Jennings isn't special in any way. He's fairly versatile and decent in most areas while lacking a big punch. Wilder is clearly a better HW than Thompson at this stage, as well. I'm not sure how I'd expect Jennings/Wilder to go.

I love Wlad and think he is a GREAT Champion but if there is a America in the Ring with him, I have to root for the American. So USA,USA,USA.

Jennings keeping them belts here where they Belong.

Back