Wlad Klitschko/Jennings 4/25 at MSG

Jennings isn't ready for Arreola ffs.

I like Jennings, and he did beat Mike Perez, so he's a decent HW. Problem is, he doesn't have an advantage in any area over Wlad. In size/speed/movement/power/experience he is outclassed rather badly.

Maybe a better chin?

I hope he's getting paid well for this tussle, 'cause it isn't going to end well for him.

Jennings would probably beat Arreola but yeah not Wlad. He had a draw (I really don't coutn it as a win) against Perez ok against out of shape perez but still.

jennings is talented both athletically and skill wise but he hasn't fought anyone close to the level of Wlad or close to the size of Wlad

Jennings isn't ready for Arreola ffs.

I like Jennings, and he did beat Mike Perez, so he's a decent HW. Problem is, he doesn't have an advantage in any area over Wlad. In size/speed/movement/power/experience he is outclassed rather badly.

Maybe a better chin?

I hope he's getting paid well for this tussle, 'cause it isn't going to end well for him.

We're pretending that Arreola is anything but a crude brawler with a decent jab? Jennings beats him now. He's been "ready for Arreola" for years. Arreola offers nothing but a recognisable name on Jennings record.

Damn, Wlad reallly doesn't want anything to do with Fury

Jessica+Jung+SNSD+Girls'+Generation+Laughing+Princess+GIF.gif

Wait. The same Fury who is fighting Christian Hammer next moth?

1x6Fq73.jpg

Came here to post this...

Fury with his fat rolls and his amazing combinations would completely run right over Wlad...

This is the biggest duck in the Heavyweight division since Bowe vs Lewis.

I'm sure Batkilt agrees.

Cmon, it's clear Wlad is ducking Fury.
Fury > Wlad

I was taking you seriously until this. :p

It's rather obvious that Fury's handlers don't want the fight yet. He could have fought Pulvev to ensure a mandatory route - he didn't. Hell, his team were never in touch with K2 prior to arranging the Hammer fight. They knew Wlad was looking at a date in New York in the first quarter of 2015 - no attempt to get the fight. Why? They want to make as much money as possible and want to catch Wladimir when they think he's on the slide.

I like Fury. I think he's better than most do. But other, than Haye, nobody is ducking him.

It's rather obvious that Fury's handlers don't want the fight yet. He could have fought Pulvev to ensure a mandatory route - he didn't. Hell, his team were never in touch with K2 prior to arranging the Hammer fight. They knew Wlad was looking at a date in New York in the first quarter of 2015 - no attempt to get the fight. Why? They want to make as much money as possible and want to catch Wladimir when they think he's on the slide.

I like Fury. I think he's better than most do. But other, than Haye, nobody is ducking him.

Of course...they are protecting him...hoping for that one big pay day against Wlad.

Can't blame Fury or his handlers.

Stiverene, Wilder, Puvelev all destroy Fury.

Wth? The whole division is ducking Fury, dude can't get a fight. He almost quit boxing cause nobody wants to fight him.

Of course...they are protecting him...hoping for that one big pay day against Wlad.

Can't blame Fury or his handlers.

Stiverene, Wilder, Puvelev all destroy Fury.

Not really. Pulev doesn't destroy opponents - he wears them down over the distance. He'd need to wear Tyson down with body shots, and try to land shots from inside Fury's range. Fury is no longer as open to the overhand right as he once was. I'd favour Pulev on points just now, but a Fury win wouldn't surprise me.

Stiverne? A destroyer? Not really. Again, he'd be looking to win late or over the distance. And I see him implementing a similar strategy as he did against Wilder.

It's easy to point out Fury's flaws; the obvious being his susceptibility to the overhand right. But he's also not bad on the inside, and uses his size more now. He's more disciplined in the ring. Really, I can see him keeping either at bay with his jab.

Wilder? Don't see it. My opinion might change in the future but right now I don't see himsrteamrolling Fury.

Fury isn't being protected any more than Pulev was. It's about maximising the income from a Wladimir fight.

Not really. Pulev doesn't destroy opponents - he wears them down over the distance. He'd need to wear Tyson down with body shots, and try to land shots from inside Fury's range. Fury is no longer as open to the overhand right as he once was. I'd favour Pulev on points just now, but a Fury win wouldn't surprise me.

Stiverne? A destroyer? Not really. Again, he'd be looking to win late or over the distance. And I see him implementing a similar strategy as he did against Wilder.

It's easy to point out Fury's flaws; the obvious being his susceptibility to the overhand right. But he's also not bad on the inside, and uses his size more now. He's more disciplined in the ring. Really, I can see him keeping either at bay with his jab.

Wilder? Don't see it. My opinion might change in the future but right now I don't see himsrteamrolling Fury.

Fury isn't being protected any more than Pulev was. It's about maximising the income from a Wladimir fight.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on all points except the last one...

I like seeing Fury...he's entertaining...he's just holding out for that one big pay day against Wladimir.

Wladimir finishes him in 5

Wth? The whole division is ducking Fury, dude can't get a fight. He almost quit boxing cause nobody wants to fight him.

Aye, sure. Everyone is ducking him except Christian Hammer. Fighters always 100% tell the truth and never exaggerate.

Since we've established that you're not a troll but can't be taken seriously, this concludes the discussion.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on all points except the last one...

I like seeing Fury...he's entertaining...he's just holding out for that one big pay day against Wladimir.

Wladimir finishes him in 5

Or you could give an analysis of how Pulev would destroy him. I've seen just about every televised Pulev fight since he turned pro. He doesn't destroy opponents.

Neither does Stiverne.

Aye, and i'm crazy for trying to talk boxing on an MMA forum.

Aye, and i'm crazy for trying to talk boxing on an MMA forum.

You seem more like an MMA can who casually follows boxing and posting in the boxing section of an MMA forum. Your argument is essentially "wtf everyone is ducking Fury". In-depth analysis indeed.

Or you could give an analysis of how Pulev would destroy him. I've seen just about every televised Pulev fight since he turned pro. He doesn't destroy opponents.

Neither does Stiverne.

I retract the "destroy" part in regards to Pulev...I just seem wearing down Fury to get a pretty lopsided decision.

Fury did someone impress me in his last fight, putting together combinations keeping Chisora at bay and neutralizing him and his offense.

I retract the "destroy" part in regards to Pulev...I just seem wearing down Fury to get a pretty lopsided decision.

Fury did someone impress me in his last fight, putting together combinations keeping Chisora at bay and neutralizing him and his offense.

I can't see any decision being lopsided really. He doesn't punch hard enough to deter Fury or discourage him. He'd be in the position of constantly trying to pressure Fury, walking into hard punches and having Fury clinch and use his weight. I favour Pulev on points just now, but it'd be a hard night's work.

He's fought a few bigger opponents before, but though it didn't help him when he fought Wladimir it may prove useful against Fury. Depends on how patient he is. And how aggressive Fury is.

It's an intriguing fight. And I can see why Fat Mick didn't want it. It's a risky fight for an eliminator. As a fan I think the heavyweight division would attract less scorn if fighters took riskier fights rather than trying to secure the safest route to the title. But from a promotional view, the British public don't know who Pulev is; a loss hurts his stock with them more than the diehards.

I think there are definitely options for Fury. He's not being ducked by the entire division. But his promoter wants him to fight in the UK, Ireland or the USA; he doesn't want Fury to fight in Russia or Germany. But the money on offer from UK TV is such than it'd cost Mick to bring over Pulev or Povetkin, or another fringe contender.

A fight with Mike Perez might work. He won Prizefighter a few years back and is/was based in Ireland. He's 1-1-1 in his last three, but the loss was a close one on the cards to Jennings. Get him a win and that's a decent fight.

Deontay vs Klitschko

Next year at the earliest. I haven't seen a whole lot, other than power, that shows me he beats Wlad. I was very impressed how he outboxed Stiverne behind that jab, but I won't outbox Wlad like that.

Back