Wlad Klitschko/Jennings 4/25 at MSG

Man i could go on for days on how Fury would beat Wlad but to put it simply the only chance Wlad would have winning this fight is if he went in and fought a firefight with Fury, because if he tried to do his standard routine of working behind the jab from the outside he would get outhustled, outboxed, outjabbed and destroyed.
But even if he tried to slug it out with Fury (and Fury would welcome it cause the dude is a true fighter unlike Wlad) he would probably get KO'd again.
/discussion

Next year at the earliest. I haven't seen a whole lot, other than power, that shows me he beats Wlad. I was very impressed how he outboxed Stiverne behind that jab, but I won't outbox Wlad like that.

You won't outbox Wlad at all. Don't take the fight. He'll kill you.

Man i could go on for days on how Fury would beat Wlad but to put it simply the only chance Wlad would have winning this fight is if he went in and fought a firefight with Fury, because if he tried to do his standard routine of working behind the jab he would get outhustled, outboxed, outjabbed and destroyed.
But even if he tried to slug it out with Fury (and Fury would welcome it cause the dude is a true fighter unlike Wlad) he would probably get KO'd again.

You can go on all you want. You still just seem like someone who is a tad bit enamoured with Tyson rather than a realist.

Enjoy the Hammer fight.

You can go on all you want. You still just seem like someone who is a tad bit enamoured with Tyson rather than a realist.

Enjoy the Hammer fight.

Ok, maybe i went a bit overboard but i think you're underestimating Fury and i think Wlad isn't crazy about fighting Fury.

Ok, maybe i went a bit overboard but i think you're underestimating Fury and i think Wlad isn't crazy about fighting Fury.

If you think I'm underestimating Fury you should try reading my posts on him. You're overestimating him when you claim Wladimir can't beat him or that everyone was ducking him.

If victory was so assured then Fury would have agreed to any terms of K2's as he'd have Wlad's number. Instead Fury has spoken about wanting it to be a massive fight, and of his respect for the Klitschkos. Fury talks a lot of trash but he's also stated plenty of times that Wladimir is underrated and the Klitschkos are his blueprint.

Wladimir would be delighted with a Fury fight right now. Fury doesn't have the seasoning and it'd be a stadium sell out in the UK, with TV interest from the States. Fury wants it now as he has self belief. It's Mick's job to get the fight at the right time.

Fury needs to try to fight fighters bigger than Chisora and that can challenge him, just as much as he has to keep his public profile. He's not ready now. It's down to him, his camp and his handlers to get him there.

Jennings would probably beat Arreola but yeah not Wlad. He had a draw (I really don't coutn it as a win) against Perez ok against out of shape perez but still.

jennings is talented both athletically and skill wise but he hasn't fought anyone close to the level of Wlad or close to the size of Wlad

Well it's a win whether you count it as such or not. It was a close enough fight that I don't understand the "he didn't win" attitude.

Jennings' only real chance in the fight is to close the distance and work from the inside. Which isn't going to be easy; I'm not convinced he'll get past WLAD's jab consistently. And if he can, does he have the power to take advantage?

Was Jennings/Perez controversial? I don't recall controversy over that decision.

Was Jennings/Perez controversial? I don't recall controversy over that decision.

Not really. But the ref took a point at the end of the fight that cost Perez the fight. It would have been a draw if he had that point. The point deduction was unpopular.

Enjoy the Hammer fight.

... I just have to get but in on this conversation and point out to you. Tyson has won 3 world title eliminators so far and should which he tried hard to get.

-One against Johnson for the WBC, Vitali had no comment.
-The second against Cunningham for IBF, Wlad said he was just not impressed by his performace in an interview when he was asked about it.
-The third now against Chisora, whome somehow got the shot at Vitali that Fury didn't. How did He earn it? by beating Johnson who'me Fury also beaten already? That's bullshit and you're blind.

I love both Wlad and Fury, and recognise that Wlad has the highest skill level today in HW, but Wlad is ducking him, Fury is his fucking mandetory for the second time! fact!
You seem to call everybody a casual while u turn out to be the noob who doesn't even check fact, but rely on your fanboism and emotion.

... I just have to get but in on this conversation and point out to you. Tyson has won 3 world title eliminators so far and should which he tried hard to get.

-One against Johnson for the WBC, Vitali had no comment.
-The second against Cunningham for IBF, Wlad said he was just not impressed by his performace in an interview when he was asked about it.
-The third now against Chisora, whome somehow got the shot at Vitali that Fury didn't. How did He earn it? by beating Johnson who'me Fury also beaten already? That's bullshit and you're blind.

I love both Wlad and Fury, and recognise that Wlad has the highest skill level today in HW, but Wlad is ducking him, Fury is his fucking mandetory for the second time! fact!
You seem to call everybody a casual while u turn out to be the noob who doesn't even check fact, but rely on your fanboism and emotion.

Chisora actually fought Vitali on the back of a highly controversial loss to Helenius. K2 were of the opinion that he won the fight.

You might want to fact check though as I:

-) Don't call everyone a casual
-) Don't use words like "noob"
-) Know who Chisora fought before getting his title shot

If you're so solid on facts, remind us of when K2 and Mick last held talks about Fury challenging? Remind us of when any of the sanctioning bodies ordered WLAD to defend against Fury? Being in a mandatory position doesn't necessarily get you a title shot. (And Fury/Cunningham was built as an eliminator - not a final eliminator. Fury opted not to fight Pulev in a final eliminator, and understandably pursued a more lucrative fight with Haye.) Maybe you should actually be on point yourself before going in all guns blazing.

You seem to be the one getting emotional, dear. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Is it because I bumped this thread rather than post in your duplicate one? I'm sorry. Have a hug.

tumblr_n26tnkL6C41t0umapo1_400.gif

Last edited:
I like the turnaround from being called "the gypsy's fan boy" years ago on here for posting that Fury had a far higher ceiling than Price and would be the dominant heavyweight post-Wlad and possibly the one to best him - and for suggesting that a lot of the stick he gets is down to his background/heritage - to being called a fan boy for rejecting the notion that Wladimir is ducking him.

Everyone knows I'm a big Fury fan and have been from the start, but no way is Wlad ducking him or anyone. Say what you wany about him, he has fought everyone on the radar throughout his reign. The Fury fight is his toughest, but he can hardly be accused of ducking, if negotiaitions have never been started. As for Price, he was alway a big puncher with a balsa chin.

Fury's spoken before of not wanting to be a voluntary for Wlad so that he doesn't need to accept K2's terms. Which is understandable. But he opted not to pursue the IBF route in the past, which was understandable; Pulev was a high risk fight with few in the UK knowing who he was, whereas the Haye fight could have elevated Fury into a different level of stardom.

Fury definitely respects Wladimir as both a fan of his and from sparring. He's still confident that he could beat him now. Which makes sense. Successful fighters need that level of self belief. But I doubt that Mick wants the fight now. Not for fear of Fury losing. I just think if I was in his shoes I don't think the fight is as "big money" as it could be. It's about timing. And I'd expect Mick to want to build some momentum for Fury after the layoff for the fight that didn't happen with Haye; momentum both in terms of the public talking and in terms of Fury himself.

The Haye fight would have made the Klit fight so much more lucrative for both Wlad and Fury you're right. Still pissed at Haye really, I thought then and still do that Fury would have smothered him and wore him down. I don't think anyone can beat Wlad at the moment, short of Wilder hitting a home run, or Fury getting inside the lazer guided jab.

I also thought Fury was going to knock Haye out. Was absolutely gutted for him. In terms of a Klitschko fight it would have been the difference of a few million pounds in terms of purse offers, but more importantly it would finally have gotten Fury more respect. I really do think he's often overlooked because of his background, but beating Haye would have made that much harder.

Wladimir's not young and still wants to win the WBC belt and defend the undisputed alphabelts a few times. I can see him eventually getting beaten, to be honest. It just comes down to timing. I think Fury has the best odds of beating him as it is, but the more experience he gains combined with Wlad getting older certainly helps.

I think a lot of hws are waiting wladimir out. Not only fury but quite a few that I won't name

klitschkojennings2.jpg

klitschkojennings4.jpg

klitschkojennings6.jpg

Courtesy of Fighthype.

Will be flying in from Europa for this fight. Was aiming for Mayweather-Pacman but that just won't happen. And if it does a week later, we'll still see because then we're at least already on the right continent. :icon_chee

Back