With Jones & McGregor pretty much done…Who is the UFC’s biggest star?

It’s pretty bad when we consider Usman to be star.

Probably Izzy, Masvidal.

Khamzat, Pimblett, and O’Malley in the future.

Kamaru's charisma is a good as a leather shoe, Volk isn't that that likeable either but at least he's better than usman personality wise and Izzy comes sometimes as a dork but at least he's finishing people, Moreno is a draw for mexican fans but we have to wait, WMMA is irelevant IMO, Glover is too nice to be a dick and Jiri's probably going to KO him but that's speculation from me.

For the things i've seen it's probably Dustin and Chimaev's been groomed by dana. let's see what happens

I pick Justin Gaethje. Never in a boring fight.

Kamaru's charisma is a good as a leather shoe, Volk isn't that that likeable either but at least he's better than usman personality wise and Izzy comes sometimes as a dork but at least he's finishing people, Moreno is a draw for mexican fans but we have to wait, WMMA is irelevant IMO, Glover is too nice to be a dick and Jiri's probably going to KO him but that's speculation from me.

For the things i've seen it's probably Dustin and Chimaev's been groomed by dana. let's see what happens
Adesanya has 4 finishes in 11 UFC fights, he's not exactly flattening fighters left, right and center.

I'd say Nate Diaz and Conor, that's about it. The die-hards tune in and know most of the fighters, the casuals would be lucky if they could even name 10 fighters on the UFC roster.

The UFC might have more stars if they actually marketed the fighters better. Instead, they rely on the fighters themselves to do it and then use their lack of abilities to sell well as a reason to pay them less. If the UFC wants to place blame for not having many legitimate draws, they shoulder the lion's share of the blame.

I'm pretty sure no one has a Jon Jones or McGregor t-shirt on either.

I think both Izzy and Ngannou are pretty popular with the casuals.
yeah this. no one likes a cokehead and a racist like mcstretcher and cokesjones

francis makes the most sense

usman is good but the fans arent really behind him

i'm not sure if he wins the belt, but sugar sean is the type of guy that can reach the levels of connor or jones. But let's see him fight someone good before annoiting him.

Alexander Volkanowski?

EL9IU9fU0AAn4xV.jpg

Israel Adesanya?

6-75Sp7z_400x400.jpg

Kamaru Usman?

1232509719.jpg

These guys combined have a total of 5 fans in the USA(where it matters most).

tumblr_m8cpbnWMK01rq0hnm.gif

Who has got their Kamaru Usman t shirt on?

Exactly, nobody.
If you asked Dana that question he'd probably say something like Adesanya, Usman, Shevchenko, Nunes.

If you asked me that question i'd say Shevchenko but I do understand that she's perhaps too understated to be considered a "star". Being a "star" is a bit different from being "the Best".
- I'm a big fan of Volkanovski, I think he's achieved great things.
- Big fan of Poirier, he's also doing great things, and gets his shot at undisputed champ very soon.
- Petr Yan is amazingly good, but hardly well-known or a 'star'.
- I do think Gaethje will be Lightweight champion one day, probably next year and he is amazing.
- Rose is amazingly good, but again, far too shy and retiring to really be a 'star'.
- Ngannou -- nope, not really in my view.
- Finally....Masvidal def has a star following. No he prob won't ever be Champ but he has star qualities, as does Nate Diaz, but in a different way really. Diaz is more of a West-Coast MMA celebrity.

Last edited:
Izzy probably at this point. The Diaz brothers are probably second

Back