With Jones & McGregor pretty much done…Who is the UFC’s biggest star?

Alexander Volkanowski?

EL9IU9fU0AAn4xV.jpg

Israel Adesanya?

6-75Sp7z_400x400.jpg

Kamaru Usman?

1232509719.jpg

These guys combined have a total of 5 fans in the USA(where it matters most).

tumblr_m8cpbnWMK01rq0hnm.gif

Who has got their Kamaru Usman t shirt on?

Exactly, nobody.

I assume Dana is the biggest star the UFC has.

Maybe Izzy, it was Jorge for a while in 2019/early 2020 but Usman put out his momentum.

Theres no need to worry anyway. Theres always been hot years and cooler years, 2021 was hot, 2022 might be a little less so. Things will keep on coasting along and eventually someone else will catch fire, and when it does happen its often quite a quick process too.

this is actually sad....

MMA golden era is far gone imo.

People were saying this years before Conor even showed up.

I think the most popular guys right now aren’t even the champs. Guys like Nate Diaz, Masvidal and Gaethje all have a solid fanbase and are known widely. They don’t generate the interest that Conor did, but they are very popular.

There are no top tier level of superstars like Brock, Honda, Conor, GSP, Chuck. Not even tier 2 folks like Jones and Anderson. Israel and Usman are not there and might never be. Jorge could have but he doesn’t have the consistency nor belts.

Masvidal lost a lot of momentum,Usman got 2 wins against popular guys this year but idk
Gaethje seems to be really popular, especially in that youtube algorithm phase
I dont think anyone are tier 1 stars rn, israel, masvidal are probably the biggest ones with connor inactive

Back