Elections Wisconsin Rs attempt to destroy democrats

Where have any progressives or even neoliberals tried to take power away from an incoming governor and AG after losing an election?

Since apparently it was missed.

A Deomocratic or Republican legislature curtailing the power of the executive branch is 100% part of their purpose. But doing it in a hurry during a lame duck session because the other party won is abhorant.

The Wisconsin legislature clearly doesn't have a problem with executive powers, except when it's the other party that gets to use them

Future WR president @luckyshot is going to end the shenanigans of spamtards like EH! :)
We can only hope that such justice shall prevail.

Since making this thread I've discovered that, in apparent retribution for a recently passed citizen-led constitutional amendment restricting gerrymandering, the OH GOP has added an expiration limit on signatures for citizen-led legislative initiatives and made the deadline for submitting signatures to now be in April, meaning that they will all have to be collected in the dreadful Ohio winter weather. They've also taken power away from the new Dem SoS.

It never ends.

Wow the self-ownage itt and then still acting up.
<6>

No I'm thinking of the ridiculous ways libs have been acting in the last 2 to 3 years. Brexit, Trump, etc

What does bad behavior of people on the left excuse a chipping away of the democratic process by a state assembly comprised of Republican leaders?

What does bad behavior of people on the left excuse a chipping away of the democratic process by a state assembly comprised of Republican leaders?
Props for acknowledging there is bad behavior on the left. I guess we have a tone to obstruct & disrupt by any means necessary. Its not ideal and doesn't excuse it, but like I said they're just following the left's lead.

Yes, yes. I am aware. "Moran" is an intentionally comical misspelling based on a popular meme.

EUKK8JEh.jpg

Last edited:
https://apnews.com/27a08a42972b484fa0590264bee43b57

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/us/wisconsin-lawmakers-republicans-power.html

Republicans in the WI legislature are planning to, tomorrow:

1)Take the power from the Attornery General and Governor to decide whether to stay in the ACA lawsuit joined by the previous governor and AG

2) Move the WI presidential primary away from the date when an extreme far-right WI SC justice is up for re-election in order to try to suppress Dem turnout at a cost of at least 7 million $

3) take control of the state jobs board from the governor after Scott Walker had it for his entire term

4) cut early voting in a third (6 to 2 weeks) to try to suppress Dem votes

5) in general, restrict in any way possible the power of the duly elected statewide positions, which Winconsin voters gave ENTIRELY to the Democratic Party.

All this while the republican legislature received a minority of the votes and yet is retaining a strong majority in the legislature for next term due to horrendous gerrymandering.

Similar measures are being considered in Michigan, where voters also chose Democrats to run the government for them.

Republicans are literally attempting to undo the results of an election before our eyes.

More here:

<{cuts}>

Props for acknowledging there is bad behavior on the left. I guess we have a tone to obstruct & disrupt by any means necessary. Its not ideal and doesn't excuse it, but like I said they're just following the left's lead.

Do you consider some members of a particular political persuasion acting like irrational idiots with systemic corruption by the political party on a state level as being equal in any way?

Do you consider some members of a particular political persuasion acting like irrational idiots with systemic corruption by the political party on a state level as being equal in any way?
I would say similar slimy tactics are being used. Its hard to say if they're equal.. Could be close.

I would say similar slimy tactics are being used. Its hard to say if they're equal.. Could be close.

Please provide similar democratic examples on the state level by an outgoing D party. Riotings with assaults are different from systemic corruption within a representative republic.

If Murkans dont want to live in a Fascist third-world zhithole, getting rid of the GOP would be a good start.

If a party has to destroy government institutions or destroy the voting process because they lost or might lose they shouldnt ever be anywhere near holding office.

SCott Walker needs to be shot into a dying star. The people of Wis. finally got their wits and told him to get Fucking Lost.

If Murkans dont want to live in a Fascist third-world zhithole, getting rid of the GOP would be a good start.

If a party has to destroy government institutions or destroy the voting process because they lost or might lose they shouldnt ever be anywhere near holding office.

They’re the most dangerous political party on earth.

Back