Will you be mad at the UFC if they cut Sheilds like Okami and Fitch

Wait, what?

So you can't critique his fights in the UFC unless you have seen his fights outside of the UFC, how does that make sense? lol

How can be disappointing in the UFC if he is preforming the same exact way outside the UFC?
Not too hard to comprehend.

I just don't know what people expected him to do? Was he suppose to go from a grinding grappler to a knockout artist just because he joined the UFC?

Out of his 4 wins in the UFC, two have been iffy and one was overturned. He's a great fighter, but doesn't have that hallmark performance to keep him around

No I won't because he isn't very good.

Shields my favorite WW so yes I would be enraged to say the least. Unlike Okami and Fitch Shields actually made the UFC money with their biggest live gate ever at UFC 129. Before that he hadn't lost since 2005 managed to beat Dan Henderson oh and took two rounds from GSP.

all good points. but shields hasn't done much in the ufc. i root for him, and think that losing to maia would be no shame. but i could really see him being cut.

As long as GSP is still allowed to lay around, so should everyone else.

No. Another guy trying to exploit the broken rules. If you're gonna do that you'd better not lose.

How can be disappointing in the UFC if he is preforming the same exact way outside the UFC?
Not too hard to comprehend.

I just don't know what people expected him to do? Was he suppose to go from a grinding grappler to a knockout artist just because he joined the UFC?

Before he came to the UFC he had just had two exciting fights with Hendo and Mayhem, and before that had finished 8 guys in a row (good guys too, like Pyle, Daley, Lawler), and had a ton of momentum behind him, only for him to come to UFC and pretty much bore everybody to death. Even if you had never seen those fights, the hype and reputation he had preceded him, and he didn't live up to it.

What are you talking about? Shields was subbing guys in strikeforce in the first couple of rounds like he did against Daley, Larson, and Lawler off the top of my head, or he dominated the fight on the ground like he did against Mayhem and Henderson. In the UFC he has won fights primarily through his use of powerless striking such as against Akiyama and Woodley while failing to secure takedowns over and over.

His fights in the UFC hasn't looked remotely like his fights in Strikeforce so I think you're the one that hasn't watched Shields outside the UFC.

He had a few nice subs in a row in strikeforce against guys that were lacking a ground game. Before that he was grinding out guys to decisions like he is now.
Not to mention the competition has increased greatly.

Like I said he is fighting the same exact way he was outside the UFC, the difference is he isn't fighting guy who have no ground game or TDD.

If you enjoyed his fight with Henderson I don't see the difference between that fight as his fight with Herman besides the fact he didn't almost get knocked out.
Something like 18 out of 27 wins are by decision, and he hasn't had 18 fights in the UFC.

To me, I enjoy watching the dude fight especially when he can employ his grappling skills but dudes in the UFC aren't the same dudes he fought in shooto or elitexc, guys can stop a takedown.

To me, he has preformed exactly as I expected.

He had the chance against St. Pierre touted as this big 6 yr undefeated streak coming in and laid an absolute goose egg on our eyes.

Nah bro, the Diaz brothers love puppies and shit

No, no, you misunderstand me. I wasn't implying they sacrifice puppies, I do. To my pagan gods, praying that they will lose their next fight.

Still, I attribute it directly to them. If they'd just stop winning fights, no more puppies would need to be sacrificed.......................

I never got mad with a cut, it won't start with him.

As long as GSP is still allowed to lay around, so should everyone else.

The thing is Shields hasn't really been Lay n prayin that much, hes literary been wall n stalling and mesmerizing people with his stand up to the point where nobody realy throws anything at him. It amazes me nobody besides the Berger has thrown heat at him

No, no, you misunderstand me. I wasn't implying they sacrifice puppies, I do. To my pagan gods, praying that they will lose their next fight.

Still, I attribute it directly to them. If they'd just stop winning fights, no more puppies would need to be sacrificed.......................

If I new how to post gift, there would be a gift of Scrappy Do shaping instead of this.

Before he came to the UFC he had just had two exciting fights with Hendo and Mayhem, and before that had finished 8 guys in a row (good guys too, like Pyle, Daley, Lawler), and had a ton of momentum behind him, only for him to come to UFC and pretty much bore everybody to death. Even if you had never seen those fights, the hype and reputation he had preceded him, and he didn't live up to it.

And if you watched the fights before that where he wasn't given dudes with absolutely no ground game he has the same exact grinding style.

His fight with Mayhem was entertaining because Mayhem is a good grappler.
Hendo was entertaining because he almost knocked out Shields.

NOTHING was different on Shields part, he went in and tried to out grapple the dude.

Like I said, what do you expect him to do? He is facing top guys now and when he is able to get it to the ground he tries to do what he always does.
Dudes aren't just going to give him a sub.

The dude is a grinding type grappler and we all knew that when he was coming into the UFC.

Might as well. He doesn't meet the main criteria of being a professional fighter: mass appeal.

No

He should be cut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back