Will you be mad at the UFC if they cut Sheilds like Okami and Fitch

And if you watched the fights before that where he wasn't given dudes with absolutely no ground game he has the same exact grinding style.

His fight with Mayhem was entertaining because Mayhem is a good grappler.
Hendo was entertaining because he almost knocked out Shields.

NOTHING was different on Shields part, he went in and tried to out grapple the dude.

Like I said, what do you expect him to do? He is facing top guys now and when he is able to get it to the ground he tries to do what he always does.

The dude is a grinding type grappler and we all knew that when he was coming into the UFC.

1 thing that has changed is hes looked weak and sickly since going up to MW and then dropping back down, he fights how he looks a WW tired and exhausted

To be 100% honest I could see Shields being cut if he loses to Maia. Would you all become Sheilds fans and feel bad for the guy like you did with Okami and Fitch if he gets the pink slip too

Im mad at you for comparing them.

Whilst i dont think Shields should be a cut in a big division of guys hes beaten, hes not ranked anywhere near as highly as Okami.

It would still be a stupid cut, but it doesnt annoy me when UFC ridicules itself, its quite funny. I just feel sad for the sport and all the fighters impacted by Dana inventing his own martial art and declaring himself their new sifu.

Boring fighter. Doesn't give you what you pay for.

Cutting Shields would be undeserved imo like Fitch and Okami.

The difference is Shields would have 7 fights in the UFC not close to 20 like Okami and Fitch. Okami and Fitch had been guys that had been around so long they deserved to be able to finish out their contracts. No one got mad at the UFC for not re signing Kongo. Would have been a non issues if both guys would have been allowed to finish their contracts out. It wasn't right to cut them.

No and I wasn't upset at Okami either. I thought the Fitch cut was major grade A Bullshit though. The guy was the number 2 WW on the planet for what.............like 4 or 5 years or something ridiculous like that. Sure his style wasn't fan friendly but he was legit.

Nope. Would love to see him gone. Would love more if he can trade places with Okami.

Nope. In fact, considering the current trend, I'm rather shocked that he wasn't cut BEFORE Okami & Fitch...

one of my least favortie fighters in the promotion. the only fight of his i really enjoyed was versus ellenberger.

so would i be upset? no, but he still deserves to be in the ufc.

Why would anyone be mad?

There will always be more fighters

If you really care about Jake Shields, you'll watch him fight regardless of what organization he fights for

yes... Hes lost twice in the past 9 years. Wins over Okami, Dan Henderson, Carlos Condit, Martin Kampmann, Robbie lawler, Tyron woodley, etc.

I'm not a fan of the trend but that particular cut wouldn't add any insult to offense

Is Dana sending Maia out to cut fighters he doesn't like?

I would be upset, I don't want to see any fighters lose there job.

The thing is Shields hasn't really been Lay n prayin that much, hes literary been wall n stalling and mesmerizing people with his stand up to the point where nobody realy throws anything at him. It amazes me nobody besides the Berger has thrown heat at him

People don't throw heat because they're afraid of being on the ground with him, I think.

And my point on GSP was that if he's "boring" and given so much, then everyone who is "boring" should be able to do so without worrying about their job. I mean, if GSP loses again, will he be worried about being cut? If not, then why should anyone else be worried?

As long as GSP is still allowed to lay around, so should everyone else.

Stupid statement. GSP is a long time reigning champion. Talked about in P4P discussions.

Shields - nowhere close to that.

Back