Will you be mad at the UFC if they cut Sheilds like Okami and Fitch

LOL @ cutting a guy off a main event. If they do that they should really think about what they are saying at that point. Selling us this guy as the headliner then saying he is not even good enough to fight in the promotion.

I guess it's not completely unfeasible given that Jacare/Okami was co-main.

No I can't stand Shields. I would rather have Okami in the ufc over him.

Will you be mad at the UFC if they cut Sheilds like Okami and Fitch

1.) I wasn't mad about Okami being cut, not at all. Perform well or don't perform at all. Don't give us these GSP-safety-dance fights, we don't like them.

2.) I will be happy when he's gone. He's been given his chance to step it up, and he's failed to do so as of now. Dana has been MORE than generous to let him go as long as he has, I would of ditched him after his last showing. Hell, I would have never signed him to begin with. I predicted his performances here would be no different than ones in the past with Strikeforce. He's very predictable. So I never would have brought him over, ever. You get nothing in return for it besides people being pissed off at you because they had to pay hard earned money to see boring-smotherfest fights.

His fights are painful to watch. Fitch and Okami to a lesser extent were boring grinders but at least they were good at wat they did.

Shields just sucks at fighting. Not his skills, but his fights suck. Theyre always awkward

Different circumstances. Shields hasn't established a track record anywhere near Okami's in the UFC. Shields hasn't looked impressive in really any of his wins either. In fact all of his wins there are people that had him losing. The one acception being the Herman fight, which was overturned.

So while I don't think a loss to Maia deserves a pink slip, I wouldn't totally dispute the decision. Skating by on boring fights is a death sentence.

Although I'm not a fan of Sheilds fighting get real Okami wins against great opponents and loses to the elite ones just like Sheilds so how is he above him? Jake also took 2 rounds from GSP did Okami do that to Anderson?

I didn't realize jake shields was still in the UFC.

Im mad at you for comparing them.

Whilst i dont think Shields should be a cut in a big division of guys hes beaten, hes not ranked anywhere near as highly as Okami.

It would still be a stupid cut, but it doesnt annoy me when UFC ridicules itself, its quite funny. I just feel sad for the sport and all the fighters impacted by Dana inventing his own martial art and declaring himself their new sifu.

I disagree you can't go off of rankings in comparison to Okami. The media had Okami ridiculiously ranked I mean above Sonnen.

I'd actually be really happy as a fan. On a personal level, it's hard for me to root for the guy to lose his job though

Why would someone be mad? The UFC paid him a ton to come here because "we" over hyped him. Per the norm, when the guys who made a name outside the UFC get here they flop.

see ya jake...it hilarious that he trains with some of the most exciting fighters....but he tends to put everybody asleep.

I would think it's a bad cut, but I would be less upset about it than when Okami was cut.

Since Okami and Fitch were cut, then if Jake losses, he should be cut as well.

Back