Will you be mad at the UFC if they cut Sheilds like Okami and Fitch

He hasn't had entertaining fights, isn't winning the big fights, has had poor showings due to bad weight cuts, and has been suspended due to failed drug tests. If he gets worked by Maia, it may be time to send him packing to WSOF or Bellator.

Anyone who says they are disappointed with Jake since he came to the UFC obviously never watched him fight outside the UFC.

Jake lost to two top guys in GSP and Burger and has beat everyone else in Shields fashion.

He actually hasn't done bad in the UFC but you guys wouldn't know that because like I said, you obviously never watched him outside of the UFC.

I was upset about Fitch and Okami but Shields I wouldn't be. The Kampmann win was pretty close. Then lost to GSP and Ellenberger. He should have lost to Sexyama and then pissed hot against Ed Herman. His Woodley win was terrible.

I beleive he should probably be cut with a loss

I'd be very happy, one less eye raker in the UFC

cutting okami and fitch are much much worse than cutting shields.

Shields my favorite WW so yes I would be enraged to say the least. Unlike Okami and Fitch Shields actually made the UFC money with their biggest live gate ever at UFC 129.

LOL

GSP would have sold that place out against a broomstick.

Anyone who says they are disappointed with Jake since he came to the UFC obviously never watched him fight outside the UFC.

Jake lost to two top guys in GSP and Burger and has beat everyone else in Shields fashion.

He actually hasn't done bad in the UFC but you guys wouldn't know that because like I said, you obviously never watched him outside of the UFC.

Wait, what?

So you can't critique his fights in the UFC unless you have seen his fights outside of the UFC, how does that make sense? lol

To be 100% honest I could see Shields being cut if he loses to Maia. Would you all become Sheilds fans and feel bad for the guy like you did with Okami and Fitch if he gets the pink slip too

No, I wouldn't feel bad for him one bit. I watch fights because I want to be entertained not because I wanna watch guys be wall fucked for 3 rounds. Take that shit to bellator lol.

Meh, I could take him or leave him. Just like Okami or Fitch. I will watch him fight in other orgs though.

don't perform
don't make the cut

huge disappointment
thought he'd be the one to dethrone GSP
at first

fucking delusional

Nope, not at all. The more of Cesar Gracies disciples they can remove form the UFC, the better......................

I wouldn't really care, I don't like watching any of his fights, but I can see why others might and I'd expect them to be upset.

His record is pretty impressive, no matter how you look at it, and a cut would be undeserved.

Honestly not even comparable in my opinion. Shields is 3-2-1 in the UFC and hasn't made much noise.

No. This isn't the same Shields from EliteXC and Strikeforce. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Bellator cage.

As far as their UFC careers are concerned I always thought Fitch and Okami were more skilled than Shields. More exciting as well.

If Shields is cut, Okami should be brought back.

The only reason they keep Jake Shields around is because his name leads casuals to believe he could be a Mortal Kombat character.

What are you talking about? Shields was subbing guys in strikeforce in the first couple of rounds like he did against Daley, Larson, and Lawler off the top of my head, or he dominated the fight on the ground like he did against Mayhem and Henderson. In the UFC he has won fights primarily through his use of powerless striking such as against Akiyama and Woodley while failing to secure takedowns over and over.

His fights in the UFC hasn't looked remotely like his fights in Strikeforce so I think you're the one that hasn't watched Shields outside the UFC.

Back