Will you be mad at the UFC if they cut Sheilds like Okami and Fitch

Xyiencemma

Purple Belt
Reaction score
To be 100% honest I could see Shields being cut if he loses to Maia. Would you all become Sheilds fans and feel bad for the guy like you did with Okami and Fitch if he gets the pink slip too

Honestly? Not one bit. Shields has looked like shit since he come into the UFC.

Nope. Shields hasn't really done anything spectacular since being in the UFC.

Gotta get rid of dead weight. If you aren't there to give me a good show GTFO so we can get someone who will

Shields didn't amount to much since he came to UFC

No. I don't really care to see him fight.

I am a huge fan of eye pokes, so it would upset me greatly to lose Shields.

I like shields, but he's been a huge disappointment in the ufc.

edit: well maybe not a huge disappointment, but he hasn't done nearly what I thought he could

Nope.. maybe if he was showing off some cool stuff on the ground, but the most exciting fight he's been is was against the sex and that's cuz shields was getting tossed left and right

It depends, and I'm a strong supporter of Jake.

If he just gets run over, or the fight is severely lack luster with him on the losing end? I think there is probably some legitimacy to letting him go.

But if it's highly competitive and he's on the losing end? I don't think that justifies the UFC releasing him.

He's 4-2 since coming to the UFC with his only losses being to GSP, and a flash KO to Jake Ellenberger. A strong showing against Maia (win or lose) I think justifies his spot in the UFC.

I'd probably support it, just like I did when Fitch and Okami got axed.

How many fights was his contract and how much are they paying him might be something to consider.

I think Jake Shields is good enough to be in the UFC but that is not the only consideration in all likelihood.

Shields my favorite WW so yes I would be enraged to say the least. Unlike Okami and Fitch Shields actually made the UFC money with their biggest live gate ever at UFC 129. Before that he hadn't lost since 2005 managed to beat Dan Henderson oh and took two rounds from GSP.

One of the worst strikers I have ever seen in the UFC. Terrible takedowns primarily due to terrible striking (absolutely no setup in his attempts to takedown, resulting in a pretty bad clinch).

The problem I have is there has not been a single hint of change.

Cut him if he wins.

Shields my favorite WW so yes I would be enraged to say the least. Unlike Okami and Fitch Shields actually made the UFC money with their biggest live gate ever at UFC 129. Before that he hadn't lost since 2005 managed to beat Dan Henderson oh and took two rounds from GSP.

Pretty sure that live gate was not a bunch of shields fans

Back