Will they wrestle in the rematch? (Usman vs Colby)

Colby has to, even if he outlands Usman 2 to 1 his weak MAGA punches can't hurt anyone.
Usman was a trump suporter as it got closer to the the election .
Even going to a rallie type event with masvadal .
My butts been wiped

Usman was a trump suporter as it got closer to the the election .
Even going to a rallie type event with masvadal .
My butts been wiped

He only went for Ali, he doesn’t give a shit about Trump.

Yeah I guess, I just don't think his opponents striking is as good as some people think. Burns really isn't that good on the feet and Masvidal is old, these guys are kind of amateurish compared to real seasoned strikers but the UFC doesn't really have many decent strikers.

Terrible terrible comment. Masvidal is one of the best boxers currently in mma and Gilbert is a beast

In their first fight both were claiming they were the better wrestler and neither shot for a single takedown

We all want to know who the better wrestler is
they might claim they are the better wrestler, but they BOTH do not want to find it out in public...
it will be same as last fight.

Usman has the most underrated tdd in history. Colby won’t be able to take him down and if he does, no way he keeps him there.
"Usman has the most underrated tdd in history"
Only by people who don't understand wrestling. People don't realize how good a wrestler Usman is. I don't think Colby has a chance at outwrestling Usman but is it worth it for Usman to try and wrestle with Colby? Usman's jab and 1-2 have come a long way. The question is how far along has Colby's striking come since their first fight. Usman has that warrior spirit and champion mindset, i'm not sure if Colby is on the same level there. I'm looking forward to seeing the questions answered later in the year.

Colby gonna be shooting for Usmans legs after he tastes his newfound power.

Usman has developed serious power and serviceable striking. Unless Colby has made similar strides, he may have to wrestle to stay competitive.

Colby should go for the take down early. He gets it and does some damage on the ground, it could really change the mindset of Usman.

I find Colby's wrestling rather toothless and more for points and momentary control than to inflict any serious damage. The smaller RDA was able to getup from under him multiple times even taking Colby down himself.
There was good reason why Colby chose not to wrestle the first time until he got seriously fisted and had to panic wrestle from a vulnerable position.

People on this site acting like the fight wasn’t tied going into the 5th. Or like Colby has just been sitting on his ass and not preparing and training for Usman this entire time.

Here’s the thing, Colby was the better fighter in the original, Usman faked the nut shot and eye poke because he was gassing hard and he used it to recover, if it wasn’t given I think Colby would’ve finished him. HOWEVER, Usman has improved so much since that fight that I believe it really won’t be close in any sense, I think Colby will get Ko’d like Masvidal round 2
You almost had me with that post, but once I read “Colby would’ve finished him” I knew you had to be trolling.

Thanks for the laughs tho

Probably depends who can get the most EPO in and get their hemocrit the highest

Will they? Sure. If Usman wants to embarrass Colby even more.

How was the first fight an embarrassment? It was a great fight. No shame in getting knocked out in a war like that.

Was Robbie v. Rory an embarrassment?

Colby should want to wrestle or at least clinch with Usman.

Cosby's best chance IMO is to put on a crazy pace and hope he doesn't get KO'd for long enough that he tires out/hurts Usman.

On paper Usman is better at everything, even more so than the first fight. Colby did tag him a number of times, it wasn't a one way beat down.

Probably not. Colby knows he can't take Usman down and Usman probably doesn't think it's worth the effort cardio wise and his striking has gotten better.

The only way Colby has a chance if is Usman fell in love with his power too much and head hunts and whiffs some shots. He was doing that a bit against Masvidal. In their first fight Usman pulverized Covingtons body with with punches and the straight kick. That said, even if Usman head hunts, Colbys defense is pretty shit so he might just get Masvidal'd.

Performances against RDA are irrelevant, because Usman enjoyed a massive size advantage while Colby only had a minor one. Amateur wrestling careers outside of MMA mean nothing, they're not wrestling on a mat. Only way to determine who's the better wrestler is to shrink Usman to Colby's size and make them wrestle.

it doesn't matter who has better wrestling p4p, it matters who has better wrestling at WW. Size is a factor. Honestly the Colby being a small WW narrative is a bit oversold. He didn't look outsized by Usman as I thought he would, and he looked quite bigger than Woodley.

I fully expect Colby to come out wrestling. Usman will stuff alot of his attempts and then it'll be a banger on the feet again. Lets hope. Colby Via decision.

Back