Will they wrestle in the rematch? (Usman vs Colby)

Usman's striking has improved significantly. I doubt Colby can hang with him on the feet. On the ground Colby may have a cardio advantage, not sure. 70 / 30 Usman.

Usmans striking has improved dramatically since he’s become champ. He’s not the best in the division, but with his long arms and athleticism and obvious desire to learn, he’s done pretty good. Showcasing 3 kos in 4 defenses.

Yeah I guess, I just don't think his opponents striking is as good as some people think. Burns really isn't that good on the feet and Masvidal is old, these guys are kind of amateurish compared to real seasoned strikers but the UFC doesn't really have many decent strikers.

Would love to see it. Both are fantastic wrestlers and it'd be awesome to know who's the best at WW

In their first fight both were claiming they were the better wrestler and neither shot for a single takedown

We all want to know who the better wrestler is
I think Usman will win the wrestling. Colby's best chance is on the feet.

Colby only needed to keep his mouth closed when punching to win the first fight.

But now Usman looks much more comfortable on feet and Colby has not been active. He should definitely try wrestling.

Usman has the most underrated tdd in history. Colby won’t be able to take him down and if he does, no way he keeps him there.

I hope it goes to the mat and we get to see who can take the wrestling side of this. I expect though Usman will elect to keep it standing and try to make much more quicker work of Colby.

Usmans striking isnt very good, his best chance is on the feet

Looks rather lethal to me.

NINTCHDBPICT000548558868.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

And if is striking isn't very good, why would his best chance be on the feet...?

Colby doesn’t want to catch Trevor wittman trained hands.

I think we will see a very similar match. But it may end earlier. Usman's striking seems be better than it was against Colby the first time.

Colby should go for the take down early. He gets it and does some damage on the ground, it could really change the mindset of Usman.

BlushingFaintHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Usman Wrestling>>>>>>Rafael
Colby can't take down Usman who has the best TDD in his category.

I think we will see a very similar match. But it may end earlier. Usman's striking seems be better than it was against Colby the first time.

Colby should go for the take down early. He gets it and does some damage on the ground, it could really change the mindset of Usman.

Usman is a tank Colby can try use Wrestling and waste energy.

Well Colby definitely should try to wrestle Usman, because he'll get pieced up on the feet this time.
Usman would squash him in wrestling. There's a reason he didn't try that the first match, Usman is the better over all and especially mma wrestler.

BlushingFaintHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Usman Wrestling>>>>>>Rafael
Colby can't take down Usman who has the best TDD in his category.

Usman is a tank he can try and waste energy.

Oh, by no means did I mean it would be smart. But going at it with the same game plan, I see this ending sooner for Colby than the first time.

Either way, I don't think Colby really has the tools to upset Usman. Usman at this point will only lose by a strong striker that just happens to connect and turns his light out and that is easier said than done.

Back