Will they wrestle in the rematch? (Usman vs Colby)

We might see some wall n stall from Usman (being the bigger guy), maybe a brief takedown just to mix things up and keep Colby guessing, but no cardio intensive wrestling from either guy. They both know whoever gets tired first is fucked.

I think Covington will try to mix in takedowns with his punches.

Well Colby definitely should try to wrestle Usman, because he'll get pieced up on the feet this time.
I thought his boxing looked crisp and he got the best of the stand up until... Well he didn't lol

There's a reason they didn't wrestle the first time. Takes alot of energy to wrestle for position. Whoever gasses first is fucked.

Fight will probably look something like GSP/Kos 2

Colby will try this time or he's getting knocked out earlier

Usmans striking isnt very good, his best chance is on the feet

I think Colby definitely will. Usman will probably use defensive wrestling, as I believe he is very confident in his hands especially after his last fight. Which is likely smarter for Usman, as he will preserve more cardio.

No, there's no need for it.

Might happen in the trilogy or the 5th time it's rebooked.

Usmans striking isnt very good, his best chance is on the feet
100.gif

In their first fight both were claiming they were the better wrestler and neither shot for a single takedown

We all want to know who the better wrestler is
Here’s the thing, Colby was the better fighter in the original, Usman faked the nut shot and eye poke because he was gassing hard and he used it to recover, if it wasn’t given I think Colby would’ve finished him. HOWEVER, Usman has improved so much since that fight that I believe it really won’t be close in any sense, I think Colby will get Ko’d like Masvidal round 2

Back