Will the UFC allow Jones to hold onto the belt and duck Aspinall for two consecutive fights?

I think Aspinall will be dealing with Gane before he would potentially get the Jones fight. If he loses to Gane it makes no sense for Jones to rematch Gane and I can see the UFC doing the Pereira fight instead.

You mean like when they previously ignored Tony, Colby, and Nog's interim titles?

Interim titles mean nothing except helping with PPV sales unless the UFC wants them to.

Is tom injured? This reminds me of some interim champ a long time ago that kept defending that belt. That's the way you do it.

If tom is the interim champ, just keep fighting. You'll be active, you'll be in the spotlight, and honestly, a belt that is defended is better than one that only has one fight, despite how its called.

For those talking about offers, Jones is clearly dictating who he is fighting, not the UFC lol. The UFC doesn't care about Jones vs Stipe but Jones does and they care about Jones since he is one of the few stars they have right now. If Jones says he wants Pereira and Pereira agrees they will book that fight. Rankings should mean something, the interim belt should mean something.

I don't think jones will be fighting two more times as he is entering Priesthood soon. Meeting up with other religious leaders to achieve world peace and spread the teachings of Jesus is his true destiny.
Also gaying the streets up at 3am takes up a bunch of his time.

Last edited:
Yes, the vip treatment he gets is to make him a legend, he'll be the Pelé, Ali, Woods of MMA or whatever you want to call it. Adding to his cartel with the greatest heavyweight in UFC(Stipe) history and one of the greatest combat athletes in history(Alex) will speed up the process a lot.

Is tom injured? This reminds me of some interim champ a long time ago that kept defending that belt. That's the way you do it.

If tom is the interim champ, just keep fighting. You'll be active, you'll be in the spotlight, and honestly, a belt that is defended is better than one that only has one fight, despite how its called.

Pretty sure Tom is on the upcoming UK card. His opponent hasnt been announced tho.

Tom should be fighting blaydes nevermind Jones he got exposed all these tom fans need to stop munching on fish and chips and go see the dentist!

At this point I feel like they might be afraid that Jones will beat Aspinall, to be honest. I agree that it doesn't make sense to protect Jon Jones at this point. He's got 1, maybe 2 fights left as a big draw. This is the time when you pit him against a young lion like Aspinall to build up the next generation.

It's always possible that Jones is ducking Aspinall, but that doesn't fit Jones personality. Jon is a narcissist, and there's no way Jon will allow himself to believe he would lose to Aspinall. I hate Jon as much as the next hater, but I just don't see Jones ducking Aspinall. I also don't see Jones going out of his way to fight Aspinall. Jon Jones wants money, so fighting big money fights makes sense for him.

If they truly allow Jones to fight Stipe and then Pereira, I can only see it being to protect Aspinall from losing to Jones, so he can be built up as the next big HW star.
True, the other side to this is what if Aspinall loses to Jones? That hurts the UFC's interests and they wouldn't get the 2 money fights from Jon vs Stipe and Alex. Perhaps they feel Aspinall would lose and I can't really blame them for thinking that.

Fucking connor "to good to defend the belt and would rather fight mayweather" mcgregor held up two divisions for over a fucking year and the UFC did diddly about shit....

the only incentive jones has is he is much less of a draw and pisses away money like a sailor on shore leave...

Barao.

And yes people acting like defending the interim title is a new concept when it isn't the UFC just abandoned it in favor of stripping champs quick. What the UFC is doing here is a return to past practice. A practice from a much happier time.

Tom should be fighting blaydes nevermind Jones he got exposed all these tom fans need to stop munching on fish and chips and go see the dentist!
What are you on about... Darren 'The Dentist' Stewart hasn't fought in the UFC in years...

How can one duck a fight he was never officially offered ..

Just cuz someone says hey i want to fight that guy...doesnt mean its a real fight..

This is professional fighting ...a business...

Contracted offers are the only thing that matters when talking about ducking
Which fight are you talking about?

How can one duck a fight he was never officially offered ..

Just cuz someone says hey i want to fight that guy...doesnt mean its a real fight..

This is professional fighting ...a business...

Contracted offers are the only thing that matters when talking about ducking
Only fighters that can "Duck" are champions. No fighter is obliged to fight another. However a champion is obliged to fight the number 1 contender. There is no more clear #1 contender then someone holding an Interim Title.
If UFC never offered an Aspinall fight, is it really ducking?
Yes it is when you hold what you claim to be an Undisputed Title yet publicly declare you are not fighting the Interim Champion.

Bro. Aspinall is the INTERIM CHAMP. There is a MANDATE that they fight to unify the belt. C'mon you know better than that
Ask yourself, does the UFC want to make that fight right now? Has Jon been offered the fight? If the answers to these questions is no then how can you duck something that isn't even on the table?

Back