Will GSP ever finish another opponent?

There is a greater chance of an alien coming to your door, telling you his name and homeworld, and then shoving a probe up your ass than GSP finishing a fight.

Seriously people, he is going to finish Hendricks? Hahaha. Oh man, pass me some of what you guys are smoking.

Here come the master troller again...

Why not answer what I asked you yesterday here

He could, but I doubt it. If (and he should) he survives Hendricks' onslaught in the first few rounds, he should be able to control him on the ground and get him gassed enough so that he could submit him. Will he go for a sub? I doubt it. GSP is an amazing fighter and athlete, but he fights not to lose. He barely throws any combinations and doesn't take any risks on the ground to look for a finish. At the end of the day, he doesn't have to. He has an enormous fan base, great name-recognition and sponsors, and has cemented himself as one of the greats of all time. Why would he try to finish someone like Hendricks or Diaz and put all of that on the line and risk losing? (that seems to me to be his mentality, I myself wish he took more risks because I think he'd still win).

GSP thinks too much when he fights. He looks at fighting like a math problem. If he sees an arm bar but he's in side controller, he's just going to stay in side control and remain dominant. With his thinking, he's in control where he is. If he goes for an arm, he's going to be on his back and if the arm bar fails, he's now in a bad position.

Instead of over thinking things, I wish he would just let the fight flow naturally. If he fails the arm bar, he's good enough to get out of the situation without much danger. He would be much more respected for at least trying to finish and his legacy would be greater than it is.

Exactly this!

I want to see at least some risk from him, go for arm triangle when you have a side control for half a round, take back and try rnc at least once, throw one KO power punch. Anything, just to make me believe he wants to finish a fight. Right now he is not doing that, but with all the weapons he has his choice is to not work for a finish and just be happy with wining rounds.

If Hendricks doesn't gas badly, and I mean like Soa Palelei vs Krylov level of gassing, I don't think GSP will risk anything...50/45 all day

Here come the master troller again...

Why not answer what I asked you yesterday here

Oh god... why are you guys so sensitive? Every single GSP fan, I swear.

I don't like GSP or his fanbase. His fans think he is perfect and unbeatable, which is laughable. They try and make it seem like he cannot be hurt and that every other fighter is just terrible compared to him. Oh and, you have to like him! If you don't, you're a troll. Let's not forget that he is incredibly boring, he wouldn't take the chance to finish a fight even if his life depended on it. His ducking of Hendricks was pretty bad, too.

Could well finish Hendricks in the c'ship rounds... shpuld be big odds on a 5th round finish!!

Imagine being the guy who gets finished by GSP after all this time. He would probably hear no end of it :D

Oh god... why are you guys so sensitive? Every single GSP fan, I swear.

I don't like GSP or his fanbase. His fans think he is perfect and unbeatable, which is laughable. They try and make it seem like he cannot be hurt and that every other fighter is just terrible compared to him. Oh and, you have to like him! If you don't, you're a troll. Let's not forget that he is incredibly boring, he wouldn't take the chance to finish a fight even if his life depended on it. His ducking of Hendricks was pretty bad, too.

And why not ignoring threads about GSP instead of trolling em? Why not let people be fan of their favorite fighter and do the same on your side? If people are fan of someone else it has nothing to do about you, so you shouldn't feel concerned with it.

Except if your goal is actually to troll those threads... which looks like it since you show up in every of those threads... Why not man up a little bit and accept that people can have different point of you than yours?

Not trolling but do you think GSP will ever finish another opponent before he retires?

no, i don't see it happening.

if he tried, he could. but he's too afraid of taking risks and losing.

And why not ignoring threads about GSP instead of trolling em? Why not let people be fan of their favorite fighter and do the same on your side? If people are fan of someone else it has nothing to do about you, so you shouldn't feel concerned with it.

Except if your goal is actually to troll those threads... which looks like it since you show up in every of those threads... Why not man up a little bit and accept that people can have different point of you than yours?

It's a forum... for mixed martial arts... Georges is a mixed martial artist...

You need to man up and get the fuck over it.

He wont. He doesnt seem to try much anymore.

I really don't think he cares to finish at this point. He couldn't even finish Dan Hardy of all people.

Why ask a question that you already know the answer too.

another 50 posters could come in and say the same thing, but its not a finish in the original sense. if YOU finish me, then you would have to knock me out or submit me. a cut that may happen in the first few seconds or even minutes of the fight is not decisive, me with a big old cut on my eye could still have come back to win the fight. if you knock me out or submit me, there is no coming back from that, I would then rightfully say "you finished me"

i'm with you on this one. people like to hide behind the technicality of what is considered a finish, but it's not a finish in the true spirit of the term.

It's a forum... for mixed martial arts... Georges is a mixed martial artist...

But why you use it to antagonize each other? You look like someone who want to drag the attention on himself all the time. Doesn't it sounds immature to you?

I can have arguments with alot of people here that we disagree with eachother but still are able to have fun conversation... but I don't see anybody having this kind of discussion with you... all you do is rubbing people the wrong way, being arrogant, condescending...

Seems like there is alot of anger in you... Is it possible your mother weaned you too early?

But why you use it to antagonize each other? You look like someone who want to drag the attention on himself all the time. Doesn't it sounds immature to you?

I can have arguments with alot of people here that we disagree with eachother but still are able to have fun conversation... but I don't see anybody having this kind of discussion with you... all you do is rubbing people the wrong way, being arrogant, condescending...

Seems like there is alot of anger in you... Is it possible your mother weaned you too early?
Get. Over. It.

No anger here.

He fight's about once a year, so I doubt it, there's not many enough fights left for him to finish someone.

But I'm sure he will get finished before he retires.

the only way i could see him finishing someone is by headkick or getting the sub on a gassed opponent in round 4 or 5 or somethin. for hendricks i could see a 4th or 5th round sub but probably not.

Back