Economy Will Florida Become The Next New York?

Peter_Panner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Pro-Business Climate
Florida’s huge market and pro-business climate help companies reach growth and expansion goals with ease.

Florida consistently ranks among the best states for business, thanks to its pro-business state tax policies, competitive cost of doing business and streamlined regulatory environment. Government and economic development leaders work together to ensure that the state’s business climate remains favorable to companies of all sizes, including some of the nation’s leading corporations.

Beyond that, Florida offers a cost-efficient alternative to high-tech states with more affordable land, labor and capital than its competitors. The state’s regulatory agencies and local governments provide quicker, less costly and more predictable permitting processes for significant economic development projects without reducing environmental standards. Florida’s zero percent personal income tax also makes it easier for you to build the business of your dreams. More money in your pocket today means more flexibility to spend on your business, your family and your future.

READ charts here: https://www.enterpriseflorida.com/why-florida/business-climate/

So recently I guess the Governor of New York approved a weed parade and declined to approve a Memorial Day parade.
That is New York state of mind for you.
You couldn't fucking pay me to live or visit New York. That governor used his black wife and black children to get elected. He is a motherfucker that doesn't know what he is doing.

The governor of Florida is on social media honoring first responders, honoring police.
He opened up his state and giving people the chance to be people.

States like Florida and Texas are gaining a lot of people and I hope those people all voted Red.

Pro-Business Climate
Florida’s huge market and pro-business climate help companies reach growth and expansion goals with ease.

Florida consistently ranks among the best states for business, thanks to its pro-business state tax policies, competitive cost of doing business and streamlined regulatory environment. Government and economic development leaders work together to ensure that the state’s business climate remains favorable to companies of all sizes, including some of the nation’s leading corporations.

Beyond that, Florida offers a cost-efficient alternative to high-tech states with more affordable land, labor and capital than its competitors. The state’s regulatory agencies and local governments provide quicker, less costly and more predictable permitting processes for significant economic development projects without reducing environmental standards. Florida’s zero percent personal income tax also makes it easier for you to build the business of your dreams. More money in your pocket today means more flexibility to spend on your business, your family and your future.

READ charts here: https://www.enterpriseflorida.com/why-florida/business-climate/

So recently I guess the Governor of New York approved a weed parade and declined to approve a Memorial Day parade.
You couldn't fucking pay me to live or visit New York. That governor used his black wife and black children to get elected. He is a motherfucker that doesn't know what he is doing.

The governor of Florida is on social media honoring first responders, honoring police.

States like Florida and Texas are gaining a lot of people and I hope those people all voted Red.

People aren't fleeing NYC or NY state, NY state lost less than 1% of it's population since last census and since the decline of covid cases and the easing of the lockdown people are returning to NYC.

Sorry but Texas is gonna be flipping blue within the next few national election cycles, the Republican margin of victory in Texas has been steadily shrinking which is why Texas Republicans have suddenly become so concerned about election security(voter suppression). It won't help, Virginia had very restrictive voting laws and it still flipped blue, it went from a solidly Republican state and is on it's way to being a solidly Democratic state.

People aren't fleeing NYC or NY state, NY state lost less than 1% of it's population since last census and since the decline of covid cases and the easing of the lockdown people are returning to NYC.

Sorry but Texas is gonna be flipping blue within the next few national election cycles, the Republican margin of victory in Texas has been steadily shrinking which is why Texas Republicans have suddenly become so concerned about election security(voter suppression). It won't help, Virginia had very restrictive voting laws and it still flipped blue, it went from a solidly Republican state and is on it's way to being a solidly Democratic state.
CA didn't even lose that much of its population either as was previously thought I see plates from other states here a lot I think people are even moving in instead of moving out the covid exodus seems to be over.

I think mobile alabama had the potential to be an a huge metropolis or a charlotte NC.

CA didn't even lose that much of its population either as was previously thought I see plates from other states here a lot I think people are even moving in instead of moving out the covid exodus seems to be over.
Also the reason people who are leaving California is not because it's some woke hell on earth, shit people were still coming to California in droves when it was absolutely crime infested in the 70's 80's and 90's it's because of the absurd cost of living, especially housing costs. Hard to keep living in a state when you can't afford a decent roof over your head.

Also the reason people who are leaving California is not because it's some woke hell on earth, shit people were still coming to California in droves when it was absolutely crime infested in the 70's 80's and 90's it's because of the absurd cost of living, especially housing costs. Hard to keep living in a state when you can't afford a decent roof over your head.

NYC is just as expensive as CA.

NYC is just as expensive as CA.
You are very right and people aren't fleeing NYC and people aren't fleeing CA. CA experienced the 3rd highest population growth of any state in the past decade, it's just not growing as fast as in the past.

My hope is that the companies remain in New York, or one of the other surrounding states such as New Jersey. These all to often radical woke Wall Street types should work to improve their states. Florida is a nice state in the winter time, but in the summer it is hot and muggy. I doubt the New Yorkers would enjoy that.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if many wealthy New Yorkers made their official residence in Florida but commute between the states. The internet age has allowed for easier remote working too.

This morning I was reading something interesting. After the last couple of years of high crime and defunding of police in New York city, the top two candidates for mayor are running on making the police force stronger. New York City won't be able to recover without a funded police force.

NYC's Top 2 Mayoral Candidates Competing Over Which is More Anti-Police Defunding

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/...dates-competing-over-which-daniel-greenfield/

How does Florida plan to fund its budget without increasing taxes by taking ALL of these people from NY and CA?

F**k Florida. I feel the same way about that sweaty swampland as TS does about my native New York state.

Back when I was boxing, I was invited to move down to Miami with my friend Elvis Yero. I would have had free rent, a gym to train at & the guarantee of at least three fights per year. But I turned the opportunity down to train with Emile Griffith in New York. I can't stand the mix of heat & humidity. So, I knew I would hate it.

Besides, even back then, years ago Florida's political climate was not something that I wanted any part of. As far as I'm concerned the entire state could be sawed off the rest of the continent to go floating off into the Atlantic like in the cartoons. :D

FL and Texas ate run by leaders not woke, self serving bourgeois nepotists who care nothing about the people and only their own power and self serving interests

Pro-Business Climate

Just remember, Florida was 1% of the vote away from electing that Democrat was found passed out on a motel floor getting banged by a homosexual prostitute. You could've bet everything you had that that guy would still have Florida locked down and with mask mandates. BLM and antifa would have a presence there. The UFC would not have been having events there like they are this year. Critical Race Theory would be pushed by the wokes. 1% of the vote different and the whole state of Florida would be a lot different today.

Can you afford to relocate your business when there's a chance that a Leftist shutdown Democrat gets elected next time?

Last edited:
When I worked in Pharma my company tried to open a studio in Florida thinking they'd save a huge amount of money between labor and real estate tax. They had this phase in plan where they'd hire 25%, then make it 50%, then 100% and shut down their NJ studio.

So they spend a fortune in shareholder money to build a new facility down there, and once it opens they can't find enough people with significant marketing or creative studio experience because Florida doesn't have a huge market for that kind of work like the NY metro area does. Then when they did find it, those people wanted to be paid relative to their skills, not the market they lived in. So labor was just as expensive as NY/NJ. Meanwhile, they still had to keep the NJ office open. So taxes are now up. In the end they just ran two partially staffed less efficient offices at greater cost and called this whole disaster a win.

So yeah, I can see some businesses trying to make the move, I can see others doing it. But you can't just move an industry away from the expertise overnight. The one's that try may find it's not the smoking gun solution they were looking for.

FL and Texas ate run by leaders not woke, self serving bourgeois nepotists who care nothing about the people and only their own power and self serving interests

Florida and Texas may not be woke, but they are absolutely run by self serving bourgeois nepotists who care nothing about the people and only their own power and self serving interests. That's who gets into politics barring the occasional exception here and there.

Florida and Texas may not be woke, but they are absolutely run by self serving bourgeois nepotists who care nothing about the people and only their own power and self serving interests. That's who gets into politics barring the occasional exception here and there.
It's better to be free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back