Will Diaz Vs Pettis be leg kick city?

Both Diaz’s have bad defence outside of their fight style.
I love these guys man but their logic with shit like this makes me wanna bang my head on the wall... ‘they just wanna hug, they don’t want a REAL fight’ when they get wrestled. ‘They just wanna kick, not even punch what is that shit’ when they eat 3 rounds of leg kicks.

It’s called a game plan, try having one instead of running your mouth claiming you won decisions you didn’t because someone isn’t fighting the way you want them too.
You're twisting things up there.
Did Nate said ‘They just wanna kick, not even punch what is that shit’ after his fight vs RDA? Give me the link.

I think you're trying to defend the non-fighting game plan here and, trust me, it's not just the Diaz brothers who dislike non-fighters.

I think in a 5 rounder, Nate would work Pettis.... As long as he does not take too much leg damage.

In a 3 rounder, Pettis may just target the legs of Diaz
I was betting that, the diaz bros really dont care much to check leg kicks lol

I put a £5 on Diaz sub victory...

Don't think it's that unlikely. 7/1 odds wields a nice return for a small bet.
I don't like gamble but, if you're going for it, it doesn't seem like a horrible choice.
In the other hand, I'm not that good in predictions. The best thing for me is what some people do; They bet against their fav. If they lose the money, their fav won so who cares and vice versa.

If Pettis is smart yes. He kicked the fuck out of Wonderboy's legs and if he comes with that same approach Nate will be in trouble

The blueprint for him is the Thomson fight

Cut angles and kick. Nate is better than he was then, but he's still the same fighter, just better at the things he was good at before

I agree with most of your post except saying Nate is better than he was.. we haven't seen the guy fight in like 3 years and the chances of him coming back looking better than ever especially at his age and after the beatings he has taken through the years is a bit of a stretch I'd say.

Diaz Armbar Round 2

giphy.gif

I think size will matter in this fight. Nate is coming in cutting weight vs Pettis being a little soft. I think this fight is Pettis's to lose. If he cannot control Nate with lowkicks and middles; Nate is just going to walk him down.

Absolutely, he's going to follow the gameplans that Thomson, RDA and Conor used against Nate. I don't know if he'll go for takedowns like RDA did though but he will definitely kick the legs and body a lot.
Benson Henderson: Am I a joke to you?

TartUnitedBull-size_restricted.gif

SoupyThisHippopotamus-small.gif

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

LOL it's all good man, it's my opinion and I respect your opinion even though it directly contradicts mine.
Cheers! Enjoy the fights my friend.

You too, dude. Who knows what's going to happen? Could be a crazy good striking match, or a crazy good grappling match. I hope we see plenty of both.

Dude would be a fool to not try and chop that front leg up. That being said, I do feel like Nate can pressure really hard in a 3 rounder to make it difficult for Pettis to plant and throw powerful kicks without Nate returning counter combinations up top. Should be an interesting fight. Rooting for Nate but have a feeling Pettis wins a decision, while taking damage and getting on his bike in the third.

if he's any kind of smart, hell yeah. pettis has great kicks and nate has shown he doesn't start really checking them until they're getting fucked up. pettis could very well win the fight that way.

Benson Henderson: Am I a joke to you?

TartUnitedBull-size_restricted.gif

SoupyThisHippopotamus-small.gif

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

lol, I forgot about him but Pettis is more similar in style to Thomson, RDA and Conor than Benson. I think the Thomson gameplan is likely to be the most similar to what he will try to do.

If Pettis wants to win he will. Both of the Diaz brothers are vulnerable to leg kicks

Nate's "pressure" is a little overstated. It really only works when he is able to goad the other fighter into a pure boxing match, like he did against Cerrone and Michael Johnson. These are two fighters who had the tools to beat him but got thrown off their game.

Pettis has also taken a lot of damage in those fights, and gotten broken down in several of them as well. Nate may be rusty, but his style is not based on his timing and athleticism. I dont see how he loses much with the layoff. If anything I think he may look more fresh.

Taking damage and getting broken down is what makes you stronger gets you better gives you more things to work on. Nate hasn't done sh!t in 3yrs. I don't get nostalgic about fighters, even at the top of his game Nate was never a world better Pettis was and closer to fresher & ready than Diaz.

nate is quite a bit taller and makes good use of his reach, however pettis would be an idiot not to try leg kicks. nate hangs his lead leg out there with weight on it. nate is my favorite fighter but you'd think he'd learn.

I agree with most of your post except saying Nate is better than he was.. we haven't seen the guy fight in like 3 years and the chances of him coming back looking better than ever especially at his age and after the beatings he has taken through the years is a bit of a stretch I'd say.

I agree for sure, I was more talking skill wise, he is a better fighter than he was when he fought Thomson, but better in a way where he still carries almost all of the same weaknesses and has just improved at what he was already good at

Back