Will Diaz Vs Pettis be leg kick city?

Hopefully Nate chooses to defend leg kicks.

While he is never going to develop elite TDD at this point in his career, checking kicks is not a skill that takes 10 years to develop...and it's not like he doesn't have muay thai guys around to learn from. It would plug one of the two gaping holes in his overall game.

I think in a 5 rounder, Nate would work Pettis.... As long as he does not take too much leg damage.

In a 3 rounder, Pettis may just target the legs of Diaz
Pettis would be stupid not to, it's the easiest path to victory. Legs, body, head, in that order. Diaz would be stupid to not have prepared diligently for that assault. If Diaz nullifies the lower body attacks he wins via brutal attrition. That's quite a big ? though.

Was it the same Nate as the one who made Conor look a Thai champion. If Conor had a gas tank him Vs Nate wouldn't be competitive.
Conor doesn't have enough gas because he tries too hard in the beginning. He thought he would KO Nate.
Also, "thai champion"......yeah, no. Seriously......no.

Pettis is going to absolutely destroy Nate. Pettis keeps it on the feet and bloodies and batters Nate easily, leg kicks and all.

Last edited:
God I hope so if he doesnt hes a fucking idiot. Like right out the gate he should be working the leg, and gaining respect from it before Diaz finds his range with his hands. Its gonna be a race to put it on Diaz and never let him get his distance/timing set. Then finish him Josh Thompson style

Was it the same Nate as the one who made Conor look a Thai champion. If Conor had a gas tank him Vs Nate wouldn't be competitive.

If my auntie had a cock and balls she’d be my uncle.

178p8UwKNe7PHuS0ieQUKLZv9eQvnO

If my auntie had a cock and balls she’d be my uncle.

That wasn't my point smartass. I was letting you know that Nate is still vulnerable to leg kicks even a while after the RDA fight.

No need to try and be a smartass because sometimes you end up looking like a dumbass instead.

Nate has developed decent checks over the years. Checks actually stopped Conor from kicking his feet to dust the second fight.

Conor doesn't have enough gas because he tries too hard in the beginning. He thought he would KO Nate.
Also, "thai champion"......yeah, no. Seriously......no.
Maybe not an actual Thai champion but Conor had too much success with leg kicks, a technique he never uses which takes a lot of practice to master.

Nate has developed decent checks over the years. Checks actually stopped Conor from kicking his feet to dust the second fight.

Conor isn't a great leg kicker. Nate still allowed too many low kicks in that fight.

It's going to be close. I expect Nate to take over in the 2nd half of the 2nd round. It will probably be a controversial decision either way.

You talk like as been fighting all this time. I expect Nate to be dragging his ass mid way through the 2nd after a round and a half of real time fighting. From the couch to the cage after 3yrs of hitting bowls is not a recipe to success.

Maybe if Pettis fights southpaw but he's been really favoring orthodox in recent years.

Conor isn't a great leg kicker. Nate still allowed too many low kicks in that fight.
Neither is Pettis. He has better body and head kicks. Low kicks are nothing special. So if a few get checked Nate might box him up.

Feel like boring Pettis is going to turn this into a boring point leg kick affair and ruin everyone's fun
Attacking your opponent's weakpoints is what real fighters do.

Doing otherwise would be a fallacy.

Now Nate knows this. I can't wait to see what he will do.

Didn’t Michael Johnson try to hit Nate with the leg kicks but got his ass one twoed all night?

Nah man. This is a very common misconception that started as a result of Diaz doing way better than expected in this fight. MJ worked him over pretty well in the first, including lots of kicks, Diaz took the second with one-twos, and the third was razor close with both guys landing big shots and MJ dropping Nate (well, kinda looked like a slip) and busting him wide open in the last 30 seconds. Very, very close fight that could've gone either way but because MJ was on a good streak and his last fight involved Diaz looking like death warmed over against RDA a year before, a lot of people chose to perceive this as a major success for Nate and disregard the great work done my Johnson.

And a lot of people just haven't seen this fight and regurgitate the opinions of people with agendas like none other.

Pettis will attack those legs, but Nate's gonna bring the pressure. Pettis' cardio has to be on freakin' point to pull this one out. He can do it though, and if he comes in with the right game plan off of a solid camp he should be able to take this. The fact that it's 3 rounds leads me to believe he's got this one.

Back