Will Diaz Vs Pettis be leg kick city?

Anderson Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think in a 5 rounder, Nate would work Pettis.... As long as he does not take too much leg damage.

In a 3 rounder, Pettis may just target the legs of Diaz

If Pettis was able to land a ton of leg kicks on Wonderboy... He’ll chop Diaz’s lead leg to bolivian.

Leg Kick City.

<{dayum}>

giphy.gif

The real question is : will Nick Diaz be in the corner ?

Feel like boring Pettis is going to turn this into a boring point leg kick affair and ruin everyone's fun

It's going to be close. I expect Nate to take over in the 2nd half of the 2nd round. It will probably be a controversial decision either way.

I think in a 5 rounder, Nate would work Pettis.... As long as he does not take too much leg damage.

In a 3 rounder, Pettis may just target the legs of Diaz

Not sure i follow, if pettis can hurt his legs in 3 rounds hed do much worse by the time round 4 and 5 come around. It's not like throwing leg kicks takes a ton of cardio.

I think if pettis comes with a safe game plan like that it might work, but he'll probably bang with nate and even go to the ground a few times. I would much prefer that any way.

If Pettis is smart yes. He kicked the fuck out of Wonderboy's legs and if he comes with that same approach Nate will be in trouble

The blueprint for him is the Thomson fight

Cut angles and kick. Nate is better than he was then, but he's still the same fighter, just better at the things he was good at before

Obviously , Pettis is gonna stick and move while kicking Nate's legs.

Pettis has great kicks which are Diaz's bro kryptonite, but at the same time Nate is great at applying pressure which is Pettis' kryptonite

I can't see how this fight won't be fight of the night or performance of the night. I'm very interested in how Diaz looks after a 3 year layoff full of partying. Maybe he still has it and if he does I'll be shocked. Whatever happens, the winner of this fight should be fighting for the title after Masvidal/Lewis winner.

Yes. but he may come in a little too cocky and decide to stand. If he does not utilize leg kicks... his pride will make him do other wise and possibly lose.

All this 5 round nonsense. Nate has seen a 4th round twice in his career and lost both decisions. Apart form one 3rd (!) round finish all his finishes have come in the first or second round.

This is an underrated favor in this fight, I remember Nick throwing that towel in the Thompson fight

Yeah, I would do the same if it was my brother but a lot of us want to see a good old post-fight brawl RIGHT ?

If Conor used that strategy, and he isn't a leg kicker, Pettis will absolutely 100% use that approach.

Didn’t Michael Johnson try to hit Nate with the leg kicks but got his ass one twoed all night?

Everybody is going to attack Diaz bros legs. Nate needs to apply the pressure, and walk him down if he wants to win.

Back