• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Wilder Trashes Joshua After KO

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Hip hop is my go to and although rap has gone to shit of late, uk hip hop is fuckin bumpin !
Lowkey and Ocean wisdom are on another planet right about now.

Edit : on the topic of top albums - skinnymans ‘council estate of mind’ Should be in everyone’s top ten.

I’m not a fan of uk hip hop tbh though I haven’t listened to that much. I’ve given it a try a few times. Unfortunately I’m fairly old, and one of those people that thinks new stuff ain’t as good as it used to be. It happens to everyone mate!

Love a bit of 90s hip hop; wu tang, redman, biggie, tribe called quest, mf doom is pretty much most of what I listen to nowadays

I’ll give that record a listen though dude

well since his contract said he would fight breazeale for 20M and then AJ for 40M, he'd either fight AJ next or be released from his contract.

you people act like signing the DAZN deal meant that if AJ loses to ruiz, wilder is bound to fight whoever they put in front of him for 5k dollars or not allowed to fight at all. it's a load of bullshit. they paid him 20M for breazeale, but he chose to fight him for 12 instead. but yeah, let's all pretend like wilder is some genious who foresaw that AJ would lose, and that his contract was so shitty he would've been stuck with DAZN fighting bums for peanuts for the next 5 years.
No, you and I both don't know that.
It's a 3 fight deal, like that article I linked, and several other corroborate, the amount of money Wilder would make per fight depended on his opponent.
Regardless of what happens, DAZN is not obligated to release Wilder from his contract or pay him more than they think a fight is worth.

But whatever, you're too biased to realize that you're objectively wrong on multiple things you have said to this point, such as that "Joshua wouldn't have fought Ruiz if Wilder signed the DAZN deal."
It's pathetic how hard you people are coping after Joshua got exposed as a fraud by AJ.

It's a 3 fight deal, like that article I linked, and several other corroborate, the amount of money Wilder would make per fight depended on his opponent.
Regardless of what happens, DAZN is not obligated to release Wilder from his contract or pay him more than they think a fight is worth.

But whatever, you're too biased to realize that you're objectively wrong on multiple things you have said to this point, such as that "Joshua wouldn't have fought Ruiz if Wilder signed the DAZN deal."
It's pathetic how hard you people are coping after Joshua got exposed as a fraud by AJ.
The deal was 20 mil Breazeale and 2 AJ fights for 40 mil each. Thats it. Even if your bs narrative were true and even if AJ still lost, he could still fight AJ for insane $.

Your hindsight attempt is failing missrably.

The deal was 20 mil Breazeale and 2 AJ fights for 40 mil each. Thats it. Even if your bs narrative were true and even if AJ still lost, he could still fight AJ for insane $.

Careful; your gonna be accused of being a Joshua fanboy again!

Careful; your gonna be accused of being a Joshua fanboy again!
Its like you cant just call things for what they are with these guys. Folks would rather just pick a side and blindly defend it to death.

I’m not a fan of uk hip hop tbh though I haven’t listened to that much. I’ve given it a try a few times. Unfortunately I’m fairly old, and one of those people that thinks new stuff ain’t as good as it used to be. It happens to everyone mate!

Love a bit of 90s hip hop; wu tang, redman, biggie, tribe called quest, mf doom is pretty much most of what I listen to nowadays

I’ll give that record a listen though dude

You might not like Ocean Wisdom then tbh, his best track imo is Revvin with Dizzie.
Skinnyman is incredible.
Lowkey - ghosts of Grenfell, bars for my brother, Ahmed - his whole discography is great but these are my favs.

Owen Beck.

Its like you cant just call things for what they are with these guys. Folks would rather just pick a side and blindly defend it to death.
With shit like what the dude is pushing, just remind him - Owen beck.

Yes, the deal was 20 mil for Breezy, who he fought regardless. The 40 mil was dependent on being able to fight AJ.
You still haven't explained how he "could still fight AJ for insane $". AJ lost, he has a rematch with Ruiz, how could Wilder have still fought AJ.

Face it, both of you were objectively wrong at multiple points in this conversation, getting multiple details of the deal wrong.
It's okay to back out of an argument and own up to it when you're wrong, there's no shame in that buddy.

AJ losing proves nothing about who was/is running from who

Yes, the deal was 20 mil for Breezy, who he fought regardless. The 40 mil was dependent on being able to fight AJ.
You still haven't explained how he "could still fight AJ for insane $". AJ lost, he has a rematch with Ruiz, how could Wilder have still fought AJ.

Face it, both of you were objectively wrong at multiple points in this conversation, getting multiple details of the deal wrong.
It's okay to back out of an argument and own up to it when you're wrong, there's no shame in that buddy.
Share with us how it is that Wilder could not still fight AJ. Did Ruiz force AJ into retirement? Is AJ no longer fit to box? Was his career ended by an injury?

Share with us how it is that Wilder could not still fight AJ. Did Ruiz force AJ into retirement? Is AJ no longer fit to box? Was his career ended by an injury?
Do you honestly think AJ would go after Wilder after losing all 3 belts to Ruiz?
Do you honest-to-god, think that DAZN would pay the same amount of money for Wilder-Joshua when Wilder has one belt and Joshua has none?
Or are you just being obtuse for the sake of hating?

Do you honestly think AJ would go after Wilder after losing all 3 belts to Ruiz?
Do you honest-to-god, think that DAZN would pay the same amount of money for Wilder-Joshua when Wilder has one belt and Joshua has none?
Or are you just being obtuse for the sake of hating?
So youve got nothing to back your bullshit? Thats what I thought (knew).

If Wilder had signed that Miller fight gets axed and this is never a discussion. Regardless, there still would be nothing stopping AJ and Wilder from fighting.

So youve got nothing to back your bullshit? Thats what I thought (knew).

If Wilder had signed that Miller fight gets axed and this is never a discussion. Regardless, there still would be nothing stopping AJ and Wilder from fighting.
Ah, so you ARE being obtuse for the sake of it.

"If Wilder had signed that Miller fight gets axed"
LOL
Why the hell would they axe the Miller fight when they've repeatedly stated that the Miller bout was to profile build in America?
Why the hell would they axe the Miller fight when Wilder was going to be fighting 2 weeks prior against Breazeale, as per the DAZN contract?

Man, you REALLY don't know what you're talking about.
Again, it's okay to admit that you're FACTUALLY in the wrong. None of what you said makes sense, and it makes me question whether or not you've even paid any attention to any of these negotiations, or if you're just trolling.

If Wilder had signed that Miller fight gets axed and this is never a discussion.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-ne...ee-fights-including-two-against-joshua/113080
Here's another, "But with so much money on offer – and all of it legit – and with those two fights with AJ seemingly so close (one would go ahead in the fall, the other some time in the first quarter of 2020; this of course would be reliant on Wilder beating Breazeale and AJ seeing off Jarrell Miller on June 1)" clearly stating the contract only goes ahead if Wilder beats Breezy and AJ beats Miller, then they fight in fall, and once again in early 2020.

Just quit right now. You're embarrassing yourself more than Joshua did when he quit against Ruiz.
You've been factually wrong on multiple details and have no leg to stand on, just call it quits man.

You might not like Ocean Wisdom then tbh, his best track imo is Revvin with Dizzie.
Skinnyman is incredible.
Lowkey - ghosts of Grenfell, bars for my brother, Ahmed - his whole discography is great but these are my favs.

Low Key is the fucking man, Obama nation pt2, gets fucking rinsed on way to work most days.

several articles, wilder, and his co-promoter all corroborate that he was offered a 3 fight deal: 20M for breazeale, 80M for 2 consecutive AJ fights. this isn't debatable, this is an established fact, confirmed by literally everyone involved.

the nature of these contracts is always very specific in terms of time frames. if the contract had said that wilder was obliged to fight whoever they put in front of him for shitty money, or that he was locked up for longer periods of time if AJ couldn't fight him, wilder would've been saying that. his co-promoter would've been saying it.

instead, wilder said he wouldn't take it because he wants to "bet on himself" and "see what the future holds". his co-promoter said the deal was really good but they wouldn't take it because they weren't told what joshua was making. you know, like we're in fucking elementary school.

they offered him double the cash he ended up taking for fucking up breazeale, and you're still acting like he was lowballed with a restrictive contract.

and i'm not objectively wrong on jack shit in this debate, especially since it wasn't me who said he wouldn't be fighting ruiz. you seem to have trouble following conversations with more than one person here.

you're pretending like wilder foresaw AJ would lose, and didn't take the deal because of it. it's bullshit. he was offered a ludicrous amount of money for the chance to fight the guy he's supposedly chasing and unify all titles at HW, but he chose to rematch ortiz and fury instead.

oh man, tough week. not only did he lose to ruiz, he also got exposed by AJ. must've missed that one.

but hey, i'm arguing with a guy who says the unified fucking HW champion is a fraud because he lost a fight. as we all know, no other great heavyweight in history had ever lost a fight. ever. all undefeated.

several articles, wilder, and his co-promoter all corroborate that he was offered a 3 fight deal: 20M for breazeale, 80M for 2 consecutive AJ fights. this isn't debatable, this is an established fact, confirmed by literally everyone involved.

the nature of these contracts is always very specific in terms of time frames. if the contract had said that wilder was obliged to fight whoever they put in front of him for shitty money, or that he was locked up for longer periods of time if AJ couldn't fight him, wilder would've been saying that. his co-promoter would've been saying it.

instead, wilder said he wouldn't take it because he wants to "bet on himself" and "see what the future holds". his co-promoter said the deal was really good but they wouldn't take it because they weren't told what joshua was making. you know, like we're in fucking elementary school.

they offered him double the cash he ended up taking for fucking up breazeale, and you're still acting like he was lowballed with a restrictive contract.

and i'm not objectively wrong on jack shit in this debate, especially since it wasn't me who said he wouldn't be fighting ruiz. you seem to have trouble following conversations with more than one person here.

you're pretending like wilder foresaw AJ would lose, and didn't take the deal because of it. it's bullshit. he was offered a ludicrous amount of money for the chance to fight the guy he's supposedly chasing and unify all titles at HW, but he chose to rematch ortiz and fury instead.

oh man, tough week. not only did he lose to ruiz, he also got exposed by AJ. must've missed that one.

but hey, i'm arguing with a guy who says the unified fucking HW champion is a fraud because he lost a fight. as we all know, no other great heavyweight in history had ever lost a fight. ever. all undefeated.

AJ is/was a pussy, he was only 22 fights in, unified 3 divisions and was fighting people like Wlad, Povetkin, Molina, Dillian Whyte and of course Ruiz (on short notice)
He should have fought people like Owen Beck.

Ps
Don’t argue with Wilder fanboys, they’re ridiculous.

Clearly you both lack and understanding of the specific contract we're talking about, and how Boxing contracts work in general.
A network, when they sign you, cannot dictate in the contract which specific opponent you face in the contract itself. A promoter can't do that either, if they tried you could easily sue them and get that contract thrown out in court for violating the Ali act.

The only thing that contract can promise is what money you will be getting under specific circumstances.
Wilder confirms himself on a recent thaboxingvoice interview that he would have been in a bad situation, because Joshua would be rematching Ruiz.

"B-b-b-b-but t-t-they would have released W-w-wilder from h-h-is contract!!! C-c-checkmate..."
LOL
DAZN wouldn't be forced to do shit, nor would it make business sense for them to release Wilder from his contract.
The contract gives them options on his 3 fights regardless of whether or not he can fight AJ, the fact that AJ loses just means he can't fight AJ next, not that his contract with DAZN is void, because like I said, Boxing contracts don't and cannot legally work like that.

"S-s-s-stop pr-pretending that W-w-wilder saw this coming."
From the very start I said that I thought he and his team were hell-bent on marinating the fight, something you seem to have clearly missed despite admonishing me for doing a similar thing.
I'm not saying that Wilder was some seer, but his team had to have factored these details into their decision to reject the fight, he's with seasons vets who have been in the sport for half a century that no doubt understand more about Boxing contractual obligations than me or you (Especially you).

You're the one so hell-bent on trying to defend the idea that the DAZN contract was a good deal, when in the end it's Wilder and his team who have been validated.

AJ is/was a pussy, he was only 22 fights in, unified 3 divisions and was fighting people like Wlad, Povetkin, Molina, Dillian Whyte and of course Ruiz (on short notice)
He should have fought people like Owen Beck.

Ps
Don’t argue with Wilder fanboys, they’re ridiculous.
"H-h-he just a fanboy, d-d-don't l-listen to him, h-h-ha amirite g-guys?"
You've liked multiple comments which have been factually wrong, funnily enough. Why are you talking big boi?

You should get on your knees and apologize, like Anthony Joshua was on his knees against Ruiz. Come on boy, sit.

Ahhh there it is. I knew the troll would come out in full force.

Back