• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wilder lost because of his Eardrum bursting

His coaches are not doctors. We won't know how bad his ear was fucked till he's had MRI scans.
It's not a complicated injury. It's like being able to tell if you've got a broken nose or not.

edit: Oops, quoted the wrong person

edit2: meant to quote:

I’d wait until he goes to the hospital before diagnosing a ruptured ear drum. You don’t know that.

It was the most obvious conclusion that pretty much everyone came to, with the amount of times he lost balance and slipped after getting hit in the ear and bleeding out from it.

His trainer said minor cut inside the ear in the post fight presser.

Let me retitle this thread properly: wilder lost because his opponent injured him.

fury outclassed him badly. He dropped him with a body shot for the second knock down. Fury is the reason wilder’s ear was jacked up.

no time for excuses, give the sloppy looking white dude his dues.

The burst eardrum was due to a Fury punch that knocked him to the canvass.

That’s like saying Wilder would’ve done better but he was rocked early from a fury punch.

He was unable to fight effectively due to a knockdown punch from Fury. Like every fighter after they’ve been badly hurt from a punch. It lwas as simple as that.

He was also gifted a draw in the first fight after being out classed by Fury for 10 rounds.

He came in heavier for the first Time in his career and got worked

I think that also was a factor. Normally he recovers quickly. Maybe the extra 20 lbs of muscle screwed his cardio and ability to recover.

I think that also was a factor. Normally he recovers quickly. Maybe the extra 20 lbs of muscle screwed his cardio and ability to recover.

Too much weight and too many missed punches tires him out along with Fury putting his weight on him. Getting his ear drum busted was the final nail in his coffin.

The punch could have resulted in a KO instead of a burst eardrum, and ended the fight right then and there. So what if it resulted in a corner stoppage a few rounds later? A punch, in a boxing match, led to the end of the fight.

His coaches are not doctors. We won't know how bad his ear was fucked till he's had MRI scans.
A few of the people posting here are clearly doctors, on the other hand. Psychic doctors, even - they can diagnose a ruptured eardrum without examining the ear, or even being in the same time zone.

And Cowboys nose and orbital were broken too .. Oh no they weren't .

Who gives a fuck, did nobody see Sean O'Malley beat an opponent win with a broken leg?

It was a heavy knockdown. I think that had a lot more to do with how he recovered. Along with the pace fury was setting early on.

Plus if had come in light Fury would’ve bullied him even more in the clinch.

Too much weight and too many missed punches tires him out along with Fury putting his weight on him. Getting his ear drum busted was the final nail in his coffin.

Not sure the ear drum was busted. His coach said it was a minor cut inside the ear in the post fight presser. Could be something, could be nothing. We don’t know.

His coaches said he had a cut in his ear which could have affected his equilibrium. Doesn't sound "minor" to me. Pretty much sounds like a perforated eardrum.

Fake news spreading mothafuckas.lol!

This. I'm sure Wilder's fanboys wish they were doctors so their burst eardrum excuse sounds more legit.
"He lost because his eardrum burst"

Well his coaches are claiming it was only a cut

"Hey, hey, we should wait for the professionals before we start claiming things"

This. I'm sure Wilder's fanboys wish they were doctors so their burst eardrum excuse sounds more legit.
It was the commentary team who put out the idea of a burst eardrum.
I don't see anyone saying they aren't Doctors. Weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back