• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wilder lost because of his Eardrum bursting

even before the knockdown he didn't look good. his timing was way off and Fury was connecting on him almost at will.

OK BUDDY.

Wilder lost because he got fucking beat down kid. One sided demolition job. GAME OVER YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

we just saw what happened when someone puts Wilder on the backfoot and has good enough head movement and footwork to avoid his crazy looping shots.

he's completely useless.

This was basically the bumfights champ fighting the lineal champ. How did you think it would go, exactly? Did you watch their first fight?

in the first fight the "bumfights" champ nearly KO'd the lineal champ...

This reminds me when people kept saying Shogun only beat Rampage because he broke his ribs with a knee he threw, with intention to fukincg hurt his ribs. and yes im old

in the first fight the "bumfights" champ nearly KO'd the lineal champ...
"Nearly" is the same as "not." And Wilder was gifted the draw, obviously. Against someone who'd looked like shit in all ways possible - including when he wasn't boxing - for the last, what, three years?

It’s the first time someone really went after Wilder and he didn’t know what to do.

He’s used to people staying the fuck out his way.

even before the knockdown he didn't look good. his timing was way off and Fury was connecting on him almost at will.

Again, were we watching the same fight? They were trading almost evenly until the 3rd round knockdown. Fury took the first round, Wilder took the 2nd.

It was looking like a terrifically even fight till Wilder busted his eardrum. Then it was pretty much one way traffic from Fury. Not Fury's fault, but I feel like the eardrum robbed us of a potential classic, with the two of them trading toe to toe at their best for 12 rounds. When one fighter has zero equilibrium, the fight is effectively over.

Last edited:
I do think the busted eardrums doesn’t happen 99% of the time and I do think Wilder would have gone the distance under normal circumstances. I also do think Fury would have won a comfortable UD anyway.

Does gaining 15lbs ever help? Especially when u already have a monster right had? Would love to see Joshua vs Fury in a drug tested contest, then Wilder get back on his feet and maybe fight the winner down the road.

Yes delighted Fury won but fight effectively over after that kd, does make me think Wilder could still be dangerous in a 3rd fight.

So he beat him because he punched him. Like why they do in boxing. In other words, he beat him fairly.

wilder has zero boxing skills and it showed in both fights .. he’s relied on his athleticism and height/length .. he fought tomato cans like Ortiz etc but when he finally faced a true boxer like fury = you could see a major difference .. fury is 2-0 vs wilder .. fury had also just came back from drug abuse and a long lay off the first fight but you could see the skill difference was huge .. and this fight fury came in in grey shape at 273 lbs , he’s too big and too skilled for wilder

Busted my eardrum two years ago. Painful and extremely distracting.

Yes delighted Fury won but fight effectively over after that kd, does make me think Wilder could still be dangerous in a 3rd fight.

Exactly. Fury did what he should have done, and put the heat on an opponent who couldn't effectively defend himself.

But a 3rd fight remains intriguing, because I don't feel this fight showed Wilder can't beat Fury. Not at all.

Again, were we watching the same fight? They were trading almost evenly until the 3rd round knockdown. Fury took the first round, Wilder took the 2nd.

It was looking like a terrifically even fight to Wilder busted his eardrum. Then it was pretty much one way traffic from Fury. Not Fury's fault, but I feel like the eardrum robbed us of a potential classic, with the two of them trading toe to toe at their best for 12 rounds. When one fighter has zero equilibrium, the fight is effectively over.

it might've been even before the knockdown, but Fury was doing more damage in my opinion. Fury looked unaffected by Wilder's punches while i cannot say the same of Wilder. he looked like he respect Fury's punches from rd 1 and never really was able to connect cleanly on Fury.

Wilder won the 2nd round easily. Some of you casuals are ridiculous.
Easily?? And your calling others casuals? I thought he won 2nd also but not 'easily' it was close. Irrelevant anyway

Back