• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wilder lost because of his Eardrum bursting

Which was the result of a punch, correct?

He came in heavier for the first Time in his career and got worked
maybe this wasn't smart indeed, but who knows.
tyson adjusted with his new team and it showed.
he also did box a bit dirty and all.
the biggest factor was the punch to the ear, which put wilder on stanky legs for the rest of the fight.

Not the same, if the vitali/lewis fight was to the death, Vitali wins. Vitali was thrashing lewis and lewis was old and exhausted
If it was to the death, it would be called Mortal Kombat. However, it is called boxing

Nothing compelling about it. Fury proved Wilder cant fight on the back foot. How will he stop a 270lbs man walking him down with zero fear? He wont.

Wilder lost because he couldn't adapt and lost to a better fighter who could adapt.

wasnt a burst eardrum as suspected. it was superficial cut on the inside of the ear that required stitches.

So, Deontays balance wasnt there because he was getting fucked up by a 270 pound giant.

wasnt a burst eardrum as suspected. it was superficial cut on the inside of the ear that required stitches.

So, Deontays balance wasnt there because he was getting fucked up by a 270 pound giant.
Good to know. Deontay supporters wanted to believe it was a burst ear drum when it was just that Wilder was shit.

Even if the cut had anything to do with his slowing down, Wilder could only blame his lack of defense for taking such a hard shot that could've led to a different kind of injury or KO. Let's not pretend Wilder wasn't already getting knocked down and losing every round prior to the ear bleeding.

WILDERFURY-SCORE.jpg
I had it 59-52 as well.

i'm seeing headlines that the ear was just a cut, which is wierd in itself, never heard of a cut from inside the ear.

You realise Wilder won the 2nd round on several commentary cards. And the first round was a close one to Fury.

It was looking like a good, even fight before the burst eardrum knockdown in the 3rd.
It wasn’t a busted ear drum it was a cut in the ear the needed a couple stitches if he had a busted ear drum we would know about by now. He just the inferior boxer, no ability to make adjustments mid fight or in training for that matter

Good performance by Fury, but the fight was effectively over in the 3rd round, when Fury burst Wilder's eardrum. Wilder was bleeding out from it the rest of the fight and you could tell his equilibrium was fucked. It"s one of the worst injuries you can get....people need to understand why the stoppage was neccesary (even though the stoppage looked bad without this context). It should have been stopped earlier when they saw the amount of bleeding from his ear, and how he was looking like Bambi on ice in the ring.

Brave performance by Wilder to fight 4 more rounds with no equilibrium. Fury may have ended up winning regardless, but the burst eardrum decided the fight. Still sets up a compelling 3rd fight trilogy.
Eardrum has nothing to do with equilibrium my friend
Try semicircular channels
If you don’t know...now you know!

You are being simple. In boxing, a burst eardrum is a freak/rare injury. A knockout isn't.

That is the reason a 3rd fight is still compelling. If Fury just outboxed Wilder to a points victory or even knocked him out, I'd probably have no interest in seeing them run this back again. It would feel decisive for Fury that Wilder probably couldn't beat him. But a freak injury changed the outcome of the fight, so I think there's still a reason to believe a 3rd fight could go either way.

His eardrum wasnt busted. It was a cut.

Wilder can't box... he wasn't gonna win if he hada Helmut

That massive right hand he took on the ear totally screwed Wilder the rest of that fight.

I don't know how concussed he was after that shot but jesus christ he couldn't keep his legs under him.

Freak injury because if you keep you're hands down and got 0 boxing skills and fight a real boxer you're gonna get a ruptured eardrum

Back