• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wilder lost because of his Eardrum bursting

Lol those shots would have landed sooner or later. The man was getting slaughtered. Was like watching a lion eating a buffalocalf alive.
iWWUfp_5-U0zxWTVvYKSvoL3dWXHjsqC_G6GPTQdoZk.jpg

"He lost because his eardrum burst"

Well his coaches are claiming it was only a cut

"Hey, hey, we should wait for the professionals before we start claiming things"

Read the above post. It was a cut severe enough for his coach to say his equilibrium may have been toast.

Stop lying. An equilibrium destroying ear injury amounts to the same thing

Nah, people have gone after him before and some had even had a little bit of success before getting KTFO, but this is the first time someone world class has gone after him.

Can’t remember anybody trying to rough him up like that, Ortiz tried patiently stalking him, still gave him time to work.

So basically Wilder lost because he got punched.

K thanks for clarifying TS

Read the above post. It was a cut severe enough for his coach to say his equilibrium may have been toast.

Stop lying.
Hey, shouldn't we wait for an mri or are you not using that excuse now?

Can’t remember anybody trying to rough him up like that, Ortiz tried patiently stalking him, still gave him time to work.
I mean more like they tried to take the fight to him, not tried to destroy him and didn't give a fuck like Fury just did.

It was a heavy knockdown. I think that had a lot more to do with how he recovered. Along with the pace fury was setting early on.

Plus if had come in light Fury would’ve bullied him even more in the clinch.

Perhaps. Though you have to be ready for a long fight with Fury. Also I think the right hand was slower than usual even before the big knockdown because of the extra weight. At the end of the day, he just doesn’t have the skills to deal with Fury any way we analyze it. I would’ve stayed light and quick to land the only punch he’s normally good at landing.

The skill difference was even more obvious this time and Fury came in completely focused.
If he stays in this shape Wilder will NOT beat him again sooner OR later.

You realise Wilder won the 2nd round on most cards. And the first round was a close one to Fury.

It was looking like a good, even fight before the burst eardrum knockdown in the 3rd.
No way, your probably one of the people that said wilder did enough to justify the draw in the firs bout

Hey, shouldn't we wait for an mri or are you not using that excuse now?

We should wait for the MRI to see the full extent of his injury and it's effects.

But I found it funny how quick some were to endorse the fake news that the "coaches said it was just a minor cut that needed stiches", when they were also saying the cut was serious enough to have wrecked his equilibrium. Which is a fight ending injury. I was suspicious when no links to the statements were provided. And I was right to be.

Last edited:
I like both fighters but Fury got him...And I swear Mosley had a busted ear dream vs. Cotto and he went 12...it looked like round 6 if I remember

He lost because he got the shit kicked out of him

Meh, he lost because he got smacked around. Its like people saying Vitali only lost to Lewis because of the cuts.

It got stopped due the cut. The corner didn't throw the towel, the referee didn't step in during a round.

Still pretending as if Lennox was all over Vitali, LOL.

It got stopped due the cut. The corner didn't throw the towel, the referee didn't step in during a round.

Still pretending as if Lennox was all over Vitali, LOL.
You miss the point. the cuts didn't just magically appear.

I mean more like they tried to take the fight to him, not tried to destroy him and didn't give a fuck like Fury just did.

Aye I meant not give him time to think go after him, rough him the fuck up.

Wilder lost because Fury is the superior fighter and whooped his ass every single second of the fight. Fury is 2-0 over wilder.

Do you want /Thread? Because this is how you get /Thread:)

I think the eardrum thing is just speculation at this point. The real reason he lost is because he couldnt effectively keep a 275 lb man from guillotining him and punching his body in clinches. Did anyone not see that? Wilder was gassed before "the punch". He got worked by a professional.

Good performance by Fury, but the fight was effectively over in the 3rd round, when Fury burst Wilder's eardrum. Wilder was bleeding out from it the rest of the fight and you could tell his equilibrium was fucked. It"s one of the worst injuries you can get....people need to understand why the stoppage was neccesary (even though the stoppage looked bad without this context). It should have been stopped earlier when they saw the amount of bleeding from his ear, and how he was looking like Bambi on ice in the ring.

Brave performance by Wilder to fight 4 more rounds with no equilibrium. Fury may have ended up winning regardless, but the burst eardrum decided the fight. Still sets up a compelling 3rd fight trilogy.

how fucking dumb are you

wilder lost the fight because fury punched him in the ear? THATS THE AIM OF THE GAME, SPORT.

Wilder did look like he was getting tired before the knockdown to me. I think Fury's pressure took a lot out of him, and that Fury's jab had better snap this time which may have caused more damage to Wilder than he let on. His demeanour changed before the knockdown.

Back